Americans sit back and watch in amazement as their government conducts activities that will clearly result in â€œblowback.â€ We can not figure out why we would conduct our affairs or respond to crisis by acting in ways that will without a doubt turn a great deal of people against us and make a given situation worse.
Then we watch as Israel obliterates a peaceful nation. They did not attack an enemy, they attacked a civilization. They destroyed the infrastructure of a modern nation. They killed hundreds of innocent people. Then, the New York Times reports that the result of this is increased global support of Israelâ€™s enemy. Is anyone surprised? Would anyone on Earth say that the result would have been different?
Well if you have not been able to formulate a logical reason why anyone or any nation would do these thingsâ€¦Iâ€™ll give you twoâ€¦
- * For the people who make $ trillions on defending you from an enemyâ€¦they need enemies. When the cold war was over these people needed a new enemy to feed the monster known as the military industrial complex. So they create, provoke, fuel, instigate and in some cases lie about the existence of new enemies. Then they sell them to you. Currently Cheney, among others, acts as a senior spokesman while the news organizations legitimize their claims.
- * For the people who hate other people and want to kill them, like the Israelis hate the Arabs, a legitimate reason has to be created so that they can indeed kill them. They canâ€™t just go in and bomb â€œthe enemyâ€ because most of these objects of Israeli hatred are innocent bystanders. So here is what a nation like Israel can doâ€¦they provoke as many Arabs as they can to join their enemy which in essence makes these innocent bystanders actual enemies of Israel and therefore they then become legitimate targets. Then it will be OK to kill these people because the media has made it perfectly clear that anyone who is an enemy of Israel or the U.S., not matter why they became an enemy, is simply a radical terrorist. And we all know that it is OK to kill terrorists.
I remember an episode of South Park where the gang went on a camping trip. They ended up hunting all kinds of animals. I should say that they simply killed all kinds of animals; even though it was not hunting season and they did not have hunting licenses. But before they killed each animal, even though it was not true, they screamed out as loud as they can â€œITâ€™S COMING RIGHT FOR US!â€ Thus creating a situation where they were able to say that they killed their target in self defense. All I can say is that the U.S. and Israel are artists at screaming â€œTHEY ARE COMING RIGHT FOR US!â€ Think about it!
* Israeli Justice Minister: IDF Entitled to Kill Everyone in South Lebanon
- â€œAll those now in south Lebanon are terrorists who are related in some way to Hezbollah,â€ Mr Ramon said. - Ramon made these comments on Israeli Army radio. He was apparently not asked about the IDFâ€™s practice of blowing up the cars full of civilians fleeing south Lebanon.
* US planning $4.6bn in Mideast arms sales - The Bush administration spelled out plans yesterday to sell $4.6bn of arms to moderate Arab states, including battle tanks worth as much as $2.9bn to protect critical Saudi infrastructure.