It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:13 am 
So, the info I posted is all just lies, huh? All those THOUSANDS of scientists are lying? Still no real comment by you all. The weather outside is hot (imagine that, in the SUMMER, no less), the same Pentagon (now THERE'S a credible source!) I'm sure 'you people' love to bash is drawing up plans based on global warming, and my 'right-wingness' (guess what, Conservatives on another site called me a 'loony-lefty' for disagreeing w/Patriot Act & Iraq/Afghanistan--you guys have more in common than you think!) makes your opinions right. I thought my post might, MAYBE, make you guys scratch your heads and think think a little--but I guess you're not ready to think for yourselves, yet. A question: Why doesn't the Kyoto Protocol put the same energy restrictions on 'developing' countries like China and India as it would on the Western countries foolish enough to sign it? These countries have much more potential for pollution with their massive populations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:36 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I thought my post might, MAYBE, make you guys scratch your heads and think think a little-

nope...didn't work.

i did however scratch my head over your "thousands of scientists"....who most likely work for oil companies and coal mining companies.

is that the same kind of "thinking" you had in mind?

.....the same Pentagon (now THERE'S a credible source)

yep..the exact same pentagon YOU right wing nuts depend on to do your dirty work for you. it's funny how all of a sudden they are not "credible" to you.

i copied and emailed your reply to a friend in the army (he's a GASP liberal) i wanted to show him what the conservatives think about the military...lol..such jerk offs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

shane7 wrote:
So, the info I posted is all just lies, huh? All those THOUSANDS of scientists are lying? Still no real comment by you all. The weather outside is hot (imagine that, in the SUMMER, no less), the same Pentagon (now THERE'S a credible source!) I'm sure 'you people' love to bash is drawing up plans based on global warming, and my 'right-wingness' (guess what, Conservatives on another site called me a 'loony-lefty' for disagreeing w/Patriot Act & Iraq/Afghanistan--you guys have more in common than you think!) makes your opinions right. I thought my post might, MAYBE, make you guys scratch your heads and think think a little--but I guess you're not ready to think for yourselves, yet. A question: Why doesn't the Kyoto Protocol put the same energy restrictions on 'developing' countries like China and India as it would on the Western countries foolish enough to sign it? These countries have much more potential for pollution with their massive populations.

How about that Denver? Man, 105 degrees yesterday tying a 128 year old record for all time high... How about that Las Vegas that had a low temp of 95 Tuesday? High heat advisories are all over the USA today but according to you and other bush monkeys.... there's no such thing as Global Warming...

shame? What thousands of scientists are you referring to? Those employed by the bush machine perhaps? You know the kind.... give them an outcome and have them mold the data to comply... kind of like the intel that got us into the iraq war...

No, I don't buy your junk science... so go pedal it to your right winger pals...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

mga wrote:
I thought my post might, MAYBE, make you guys scratch your heads and think think a little-

nope...didn't work.

i did however scratch my head over your "thousands of scientists"....who most likely work for oil companies and coal mining companies.

is that the same kind of "thinking" you had in mind?

.....the same Pentagon (now THERE'S a credible source)

yep..the exact same pentagon YOU right wing nuts depend on to do your dirty work for you. it's funny how all of a sudden they are not "credible" to you.

I copied and emailed your reply to a friend in the army (he's a GASP liberal) I wanted to show him what the conservatives think about the military...lol..such jerk offs.

Most connies just THINK about the military cuz they don't have the balls to actually serve...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:37 pm 
[color=orange][b]How about that Denver? Man, 105 degrees yesterday tying a 128 year old record for all time high... How about that Las Vegas that had a [i]low temp [/i]of 95 Tuesday? High heat advisories are all over the USA today but according to you and other bush monkeys.... there's no such thing as Global Warming...

shame? What thousands of scientists are you referring to? Those employed by the bush machine perhaps? You know the kind.... give them an outcome and have them mold the data to comply... kind of like the intel that got us into the iraq war...

No, I don't buy your junk science... so go pedal it to your right winger pals...[/b][/color][/quote]

Here's a link just for you:
http://www.insightmag.com/media/paper44 ... 8764.shtml

Try to read it without referring to your book of liberal dogma, and use logic and reasoning (if the public school system and mass media haven't destroyed your ability to do do) when going through it. Ask yourself why you get so emotional and bent out of shape when someone questions one of your preconceived notions with facts and logic. Could it be you've been brainwashed? Here's a link to a forum where people discuss issues in a more objective way than most here. A place where people question what they're told, and refrain from name-calling:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/forum/decem ... ocol8.html

If you'd like to be educated, and have conviction in your beliefs, go here and have a go at it. Please, learn to think for yourself--the future depends on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

you mean this fred singer? the one who gets plenty of money from oil companies?

http://www.kwikpower.com/AREAS/GC/gc04.htm

Post subject: Nah, move along now. Nothing happening here.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This just in from Democracy Now- Today.
"At Least 24 Die From Record High Heat Across Nation
Cities throughout the West and Midwest are still suffering from record high temperatures. In Phoenix at least 21 people have died because of the high heat. Hardest hit have been the city's homeless population. Three more people have died in Chicago -- where the temperature hit 104 yesterday, just shy of the city's all-time record. Over the past week 200 cities and towns in the West have set daily record highs. In Denver, the thermometer hit 105 degrees Wednesday tying it for the hottest day ever in the city."

Of course what would you care about a bunch of homeless bums anyway. Serves them right for living free in the streets. Damn transients. When they could be sitting at home like me safe and cool in my air conditioned house. Wait! what happened to my power. Damn, another rotating blackout. Next time I get a chance I'm going to vote for that Nuckuler and/or coal/gas fired power plant so I can hide from this damn heat wave. Damn those global warming advocates for making me uncomfortable. What about my rights and privileges to sip pina coladas by my heated/cooled swimming pool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Fred "exxon red" Singer says nothing to worry about....he says everything is perfect with the world and that we should continue to burn coal and oil until it's gone.

the heat is all in your head, DO.g's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:18 am 

Anyone have any ideas why shane started so many threads on the same topic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:36 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:

shane is trying to be "cute" psychologically. he is attempting to make us believe he's "one of us" with his many rants about freedoms etc.

many times, we all hold the same beliefs when it comes to certain areas, but knowing where the line is is what makes us different.

again, nice try, shane, perhaps in another forum it might work.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:47 am 

mga, are you serious? Shane actually believes he can convince us he is on the same page as we are?

I know there is one born every minute, but in this case I think he has the wrong 'one'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:

redundancy perhaps? Maybe alzheimers... But more than likely he thinks that if he floods us with the propaganda his right wing handlers give him, we will begin to see the world the same way he does...

FAT CHANCE, bucko... I mean shame... so many wing nuts... so few thinkers... hard to tell them apart...

I think it is hilarious that shame7 can't figure out how to quote us properly... like he's either a complete idiot, a moron or a kid...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

shane, how can anyone be such a corporate tool. The evidence is so overwhelming that even most blockhead Republicans (including George W. Bush) now admit global warming is occurring.

This image shows the instrumental record of global average temperatures as compiled by the Climatic Research Unit of the University of East Anglia and the Hadley Centre of the UK Meteorological Office. Data set TaveGL2v was used. The most recent documentation for this data set is Jones, P.D. and Moberg, A. (2003) "Hemispheric and large-scale surface air temperature variations: An extensive revision and an update to 2001". Journal of Climate, 16, 206-223.

Thanks to sky of mind for first posting this in the POAC forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

shoeless, it's pointless to show facts to shane...he's still back there reading about singer's explanation about global warming. but...i sure hope he read the link that showed singer was in the oil companies pockets.

another point he brought up about global warming: is it because of a man-made enviroment, or, is the earth going thru some natural cycle of events? i'm leaning towards this being caused by man and fossil fuel burning, but he hasn't shown me any scientific proof that it's a natural event either.

maybe he's out gathering more "evidence" or consulting with others on how to debate this issue....after all, us heathens get vicious at times...when we aren't having our orgies and blood sacrifices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

mga wrote:
shoeless, it's pointless to show facts to shane...he's still back there reading about singer's explanation about global warming. but...i sure hope he read the link that showed singer was in the oil companies pockets.

another point he brought up about global warming: is it because of a man-made enviroment, or, is the earth going thru some natural cycle of events? i'm leaning towards this being caused by man and fossil fuel burning, but he hasn't shown me any scientific proof that it's a natural event either.

maybe he's out gathering more "evidence" or consulting with others on how to debate this issue....after all, us heathens get vicious at times...when we aren't having our orgies and blood sacrifices.

As I mentioned, even most blockhead Republicans now admit globalwarming is happening. But they claim that their Republican god is doing it. I'm not sure why their Republican god hates us so much. Maybe he is causing global warming to innundate the blue areas of the country with sea water from the rising ocean levels in order to kill Democrats in places like Miami, NYC, and Los Angeles.

The burning of fossil fuels is known to cause greenhouse effect because it produces carbon dioxide. We know this because the atmosphere of Venus contains a vast amount of carbon dioxide. The atmosphere of Venus is about 900 degrees farenheit.

shane, you better do what George W. Bush suggested to combat global warming. Go buy an air conditioner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next