Hot as hell 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hotter Than HELL!!! 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Is it winter yet? 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: The Heat Is ON!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

How HOT has it gotten in your town? It reached the century mark yesterday for the first time this season here in StripeyLand...

the repubs claim there's nothing new about record breaking temperatures but I ask... if it's a record, isn't that in and of itself, something new?

But then, logic was never a strong suit among the repubs with which I've interacted ... :D cuz most repubs make a bag full of broken hammers seem like a MENSA Convention...

:twisted:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:19 pm 

Quote:
the repubs claim there's nothing new about record breaking temperatures but I ask... if it's a record, isn't that in and of itself, something new?

What is there about 'record breaking' Rs can't understand?

We are in the 90s, waaaaay too hot for me. I think my parents were snow people..... You never know what those snow people are doing on the front lawn while the rest of us are sleeping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Quote:

What is there about 'record breaking' Rs can't understand?

We are in the 90s, waaaaay too hot for me. I think my parents were snow people..... You never know what those snow people are doing on the front lawn while the rest of us are sleeping.

:shock:

making igloos?

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:43 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Repukes say there is nothing to hot temps. Theres a shock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:25 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Like Al Gore says... the repukes (nice justin... I like it... :twisted: ) that think there is no such thing as Global Warming party every Saturday night with those that think the moon landing took place in Nevada or some Hollywood sound stage...

so the same can be said for those that deny that these record hot temperatures have anything to do with our CO2 emissions...

but generally speaking... I find most republicans to be like this when it comes to discussing anything environmental...

~~ Socrates

Post subject: picture a hot tiger...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

and obtw... it's hot here today... currently @ 95... and it's supposed to get hotter tomorrow...

:shock:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Heres a thought. Repukes think heat attracts brown people. No!!!! Not more brown people!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! We're affraid of brown people. Brown people just soak up welfare and and and they commit crimes and an and an they shoot white girls and they are terrorists and they kidnapp soldiers an and they come here illegaly and and and they are muslim not christian. Look out brown people everywhere. Attack of the brown people. Theres no such thing as global warming. There is no rise in heat. Where theres heat there is brown people. Oh no not brown people. Get this. I started a new job 3 weeks ago. I work right next to a repukelican. He told me the other day that Clinton was to blame for 911, there is no proof that global warming exists, Dems are to blame for lost smoker rights, Dems started the sin tax on tobacco and alcohol, Dems are the reason for outsourcing jobs, Dems are the reason that child molesters walk free, and everything else in between. I dont think Ill be able to keep this job for long because Im going to choke the shit out of him. I dont scream and yell. Im too damn old for that shit. But its fun to listen to the crap he comes up with. His heroes are Newt, Hannity, Limpball. He accused me of reading propaganda on the daily kos, Democracy Now, Air America, and Cnn. I laughed and said you get yours from Faux News. "Fox News is fair and balanced". "At least they tell the truth". I let him dig his hole deep before I told him I was a liberal. After he told me all these things I told him we wouldnt see eye to eye. He said "why?" Then I told him I was a "LIBERAL"......Ive never seen a smile run away so fast. It was a mastercard priceless moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Dems are to blame for lost smoker rights, Dems started the sin tax on tobacco and alcohol, Dems are the reason for outsourcing jobs, Dems are the reason that child molesters walk free, and everything else in between. I dont think Ill be able to keep this job for long because Im going to choke the shit out of him. I dont scream and yell. Im too damn old for that shit. But its fun to listen to the crap he comes up with. His heroes are Newt, Hannity, Limpball. He accused me of reading propaganda on the daily kos, Democracy Now, Air America, and Cnn. I laughed and said you get yours from Faux News. "Fox News is fair and balanced". "At least they tell the truth".

Darn! When did you start working with my brother? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Laffing...

Want a new picture for your desktop? and I'm sure you know which one I am referring to... see above... and I can add some text to it if you like...
like perhaps... typical republican looking for his brain...

But... this is the How's the Weather forum... and since I am a moderator on it... please refrain from any more anecdotal political posts here...

Thanks for your understanding and compliance.

So... How
HOT is it where you are?

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

justin and I stand corrected, Stripey! :wink:

How hot is it here in the "cool mountains" of NC? mid 90s today, and we really need rain. I spent over an hour this morning watering my flowers and trees, and the humidity is high, too.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Heres a thought. Repukes think heat attracts brown people. No!!!! Not more brown people!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! We're affraid of brown people. Brown people just soak up welfare and and and they commit crimes and an and an they shoot white girls and they are terrorists and they kidnapp soldiers an and they come here illegaly and and and they are muslim not christian. Look out brown people everywhere. Attack of the brown people. Theres no such thing as global warming. There is no rise in heat. Where theres heat there is brown people. Oh no not brown people. Get this. I started a new job 3 weeks ago. I work right next to a repukelican. He told me the other day that Clinton was to blame for 911, there is no proof that global warming exists, Dems are to blame for lost smoker rights, Dems started the sin tax on tobacco and alcohol, Dems are the reason for outsourcing jobs, Dems are the reason that child molesters walk free, and everything else in between. I dont think Ill be able to keep this job for long because Im going to choke the shit out of him. I dont scream and yell. Im too damn old for that shit. But its fun to listen to the crap he comes up with. His heroes are Newt, Hannity, Limpball. He accused me of reading propaganda on the daily kos, Democracy Now, Air America, and Cnn. I laughed and said you get yours from Faux News. "Fox News is fair and balanced". "At least they tell the truth". I let him dig his hole deep before I told him I was a liberal. After he told me all these things I told him we wouldnt see eye to eye. He said "why?" Then I told him I was a "LIBERAL"......Ive never seen a smile run away so fast. It was a mastercard priceless moment.

I mention the heat in there somewhere.....didnt I? Just playin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

the tiger takes his moderation obligations seriously... waggles paw...

why you shoulda seen me at the last site where I moderated... lefties, righties and all the in betweenies had to toe the line... or else...

Got teeth? why yes... yes I do... got claws... why yes, got those too... and if that fails... there's always the delete button...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scorching U.S.: First Half of 2006 Sets Heat Record

By LiveScience Staff

posted: 14 July 2006

01:32 pm ET

Editor's Note: This story will be updated shortly.

The average temperature for the continental United States from January through June 2006 was the warmest first half of any year since records began in 1895, according to scientists at the NOAA National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.

The average January-June temperature for the contiguous United States (based on preliminary data) was 51.8 degrees F (11.0 degrees C), or 3.4 degrees F (1.8 degrees C) above the 20th century (1901-2000) average. Five states (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri) experienced record warmth for the period. No state was near or cooler than average.

Last month was the second warmest June on record and nationally averaged precipitation was below average. In the West, 11 states were much warmer than average. Only five states (Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and South Carolina) were cooler than normal for the month.

The continuation of below normal precipitation in certain regions and much warmer-than-average temperatures expanded moderate-to-extreme drought conditions in the contiguous U.S. However, much of the Northeast experienced severe flooding and record rainfall during the last week of June. The global surface temperature was second warmest on record for June.

In June, 45 percent of the contiguous U.S. was in moderate-to-extreme drought (based on the Palmer Drought Index), an increase of 6 percent from May, while 27 percent was in severe-extreme drought (up from 20 percent in May). Additionally, from January through June, warm, dry conditions spawned more than 50,000 wildfires, burning more than 3,000,000 acres in the contiguous U.S. and Alaska, according to the National Interagency Fire Center.

Link: http://www.livescience.com/environment/ ... _heat.html

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thanks, Catherine... :D

this tiger wonders why more conseraRATs can't connect the dots on this... are they totally oblivious? :shock:

:lol: I know... that's a silly question... :lol:

cuz as we all know all too well, most conservaRATs keep their head where the sun don't shine thus being totally unaware of their outside environment...

A portrait of your basic conservaRAT:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hot here yesterday... really hot... over 100 degrees... and I'm not alone.... lots of 100+ temps in lots of cities across the nation... and more days of it in sight...

some of the states in the northern half of the country will get some respite soon, but those in the heartland and south... you know... the red states... they will be baking... so maybe they'd like to explain why it is that their GAWD has forsaken them... nahhhh, they won't even connect the dots on that one despite the size of the dots...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........

~~ Socrates