It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Now in minority, Republicans flare on Weather Channel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now in minority, Republicans flare on Weather Channel, Al Gore; Call 'Inconvenient Truth' fictional

RAW STORY
Friday January 19, 2007

Republicans claim weather expert calling for decertifying global warming skeptics

Clarification: The following was posted online by the spokesman for Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK), who has called global warming a 'hoax' and is now the ranking member on the Senate Committee for Environment and Public Works. The Editor apologizes for the first edition of the story, which misframed source of the release.

#
The Weather Channel’s most prominent climatologist is advocating that broadcast meteorologists be stripped of their scientific certification if they express skepticism about predictions of manmade catastrophic global warming. This latest call to silence skeptics follows a year (2006) in which skeptics were compared to "Holocaust Deniers" and Nuremberg-style war crimes trials were advocated by several climate alarmists.

The Weather Channel’s (TWC) Heidi Cullen, who hosts the weekly global warming program "The Climate Code," is advocating that the American Meteorological Society (AMS) revoke their "Seal of Approval" for any television weatherman who expresses skepticism that human activity is creating a climate catastrophe.

"If a meteorologist can't speak to the fundamental science of climate change, then maybe the AMS shouldn't give them a Seal of Approval. Clearly, the AMS doesn't agree that global warming can be blamed on cyclical weather patterns," Cullen wrote in her December 21 weblog on the Weather Channel Website. [Note: It is also worth taking a look at the comments section at the bottom of Cullen’s blog, very entertaining.] See: here. This latest call to silence skeptics of manmade global warming has been the subject of discussion at the annual American Meteorological Society’s Annual conference in San Antonio Texas this week. See: http://www.ametsoc.org/meet/annual

"It's like allowing a meteorologist to go on-air and say that hurricanes rotate clockwise and tsunamis are caused by the weather. It's not a political statement...it's just an incorrect statement," Cullen added. [Note: Hurricanes (Cyclones) in the Southern Hemisphere do rotate clockwise. Also, Cullen and the media have ignored the growing climate skepticism by prominent scientists see here.

Cullen’s call for decertification of TV weatherman who do not agree with her global warming assessment follows a year (2006) in which the media, Hollywood and environmentalists tried their hardest to demonize scientific skeptics of manmade global warming. Scott Pelley, CBS News 60 Minutes correspondent, compared skeptics of global warming to "Holocaust deniers" and former Vice President turned foreign lobbyist Al Gore has repeatedly referred to skeptics as "global warming deniers."

link

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:27 pm 

Catherine, my brain honestly is not functioning well these past few days...I guess its the head ache I can't get rid of...anyhow, so if I read this right, Cullen (who I think I know from the Weather channel) is sick of all the idiots who claim that global warming isn't man made? If I'm understanding that, good for her.

Have you watched an Incovenient Truth? How could you dispute any of it???????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
if I read this right, Cullen (who I think I know from the Weather channel) is sick of all the idiots who claim that global warming isn't man made? If I'm understanding that, good for her.

That's my understanding. She's saying that anyone who is a certified meterologist should lose their certification if they express skepticism....

Quote:
Heidi Cullen....is advocating that the....broadcast meteorologists be stripped of their scientific certification if they express skepticism about predictions of manmade catastrophic global warming

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman