It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When Climate Message Is Strong, Attack the Messenger!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:28 am 

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/031907F.shtml

An article published March 13, 2007, in the New York Times clearly demonstrates the importance of framing when discussing important political issues. William J. Broad's article, "From a Rapt Audience, a Call to Cool the Hype," in the science section already ranks as one of the most popular articles of the day. This article is filled with misuses and abuses of language designed to undermine the credibility of Al Gore as a messenger for global warming.

As an individual trained in both the atmospheric sciences (I have a master's degree from the University of Illinois) and cognitive sciences, my skills are well-suited to the task of demonstrating Broad's misrepresentation of human-caused climate change through clever manipulations of language. Through the analysis that follows, we shall see that he has worked very hard to spread doubt and skepticism about one of the most important issues humanity must face in the days and years ahead.

Telling it like it is. Rs are accomplished at the sneakiest things...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
This article is filled with misuses and abuses of language designed to undermine the credibility of Al Gore as a messenger for global warming.

The author must have been a straight A student at the Fox News Institute for Spreading Propaganda.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:03 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

So we see how this fits with our other discussions about the apologists for the rightwingnut philosophy of Cheap Labour CONservatives. Again, if they had to work towards cleaning up their mess, think of the cost for scrubbers, safeguards, proper extraction techniques designed to produce a zero footprint, equipment and consideration for harm reduction to the environment. That sort of stuff costs money and why should business dish out their profits when they can get taxpayers to clean up their mess so they can laugh all the way to the bank. We see it with the losers like shane and bucky that show up here and continue to spread their lies for whatever personal reasons, without considering anyone or anything more important than their greed and personal selfishness. That is what we're up against- Cheap Labour conservatives!

From dori's article-
Quote:
Message Comes Away Unscathed

Despite all of these attempts (and many more that I left out of this analysis) Broad has not managed to make a single claim against the message. After bleeding my highlighter all over his article I came away with no reason to dispel the conclusion we are meant to draw from An Inconvenient Truth. The conclusion we are meant to draw (and we have the "authority of science" to back it up!) is that our planet's climate system has been altered in harmful ways that we as a community need to address. Greenhouse gases have polluted our atmosphere, and major changes need to be made in the way we structure our societies to minimize the harm from this pollution.

Not one thing can Broad actually criticize as he dodges and spins around the issue, thus avoiding taking responsibility for the greatest test man has faced on earth, but is being avoided at all costs!!!! Cheap bastards want it all and they don't care if there's a world left to live on. As long as they think they're happy and successful, who cares about right or wrong.

I care and I'm going to expose you braindead little rightwingtrickydickysuckers every chance I can.

Beat the right in 3 minutes -
http://gnn.tv/articles/460/Defeat_the_R ... ee_Minutes

Read the comments as well on this one. http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2 ... _cons.html

Go straight to the source of the cheap labour conservatives lies-
www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html
This site is the most mendacious URL on the web!!!! :oops: :shock:

This is how Joe Brewer summed it up in the article dori posted-
Quote:
Each day we fail to take responsibility for the mess we are in compromises our communities. Each day we fail to empathize with all creatures great and small we damage the health of our planet. Each day we fail to recognize our common good reduces the common wealth we have to share with each other. Why isn't this message printed in the New York Times today? That's what I want to know.

Isn't it finally time to transcend this kind of madness?

Here's another example of that madness. Like Biodiesel and Ethanol, artificial grass is just bandaids that won't fix anything- usually makes it worse- but makes some cheap labour conservative and the ethically challenged rightwingnut investor more profit at the expense of the environment! Where are the ethical choices to invest in? If we were to promote global ecology as the only solution and it became profitable, then we would see an increase in moneys going to solve problems and not money going to create problems.

Eventually the right would join in and invest in the environment if there was a buck to be made in it!!! Lets make that a reality. Force investment firms to go green as well! Invest in the planets survival, not its end.

http://www.conceptualguerilla.com/?q=node/582#comment

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Seen this .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEt6PJoXXQI

I read a telegraph story from the UK about this and how many Scientist have had their lives threatened for coming out and speaking about climate change and etc. I was going to post it, but its now a 404. No surprise there.
Here is a link to the Videos.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=% ... swindle%22

I understand that it's of no consequence to be right when so many are wrong and want to be. Meaning - There is TONS of money to be made from the Green gold mine. Those who talk truthfully about it are run it the ground, shunned, ignored and even worse - threatened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 am 

Yes, SI, people really don't want to hear about it. You wear the mark if you dare to care about such things.

DO.g's, I have tried several times to answer your posts but get cut off every time. Is the computer trying to tell me something?

Thank you all who care about the environment. It is future generations who are going to pay, just as they are going to pay for the national debt. Guess those great Rs don't care as much as they say they do about future generations?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid