It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi...I'm new...say hi to me... :)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:05 pm 

Hi, just found this and thought I'd join, I've been getting the TVNL newsletter for a few months now. I can't even begin to tell you how many articles I've posted on other message boards...even though some people are so brainwashed they won't listen, I still post them.

A little about me...I live in southeast Kansas with my gramma and my 2-year-old son, I'm 21, and I'm training to be a veterinarian. I'm sure you can tell by looking at my name which cartoon I like... :wink:

My political stance...let's see...nope, can't tell you. The things I might say could land me in jail. :lol:

Wow...this site has better smilies than any I've ever seen...how do I get those on my forum? Anyone know?

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Spongemom!

This is my site. Thanks for joining.

Thanks for your efforts to spread good information to other boards. That is what we have to do...educate the masses!!!

Regarding you being a vet in training...I'll tell my parrot that...I am sure she will appreciate your desire to help her friends!!!

Regarding the smiles...I have a zip file of those smiles. I can e-mail them to you but each site admin has to load them into their system. I just redid the board. I added all the new styles, avatars and smiles. I am going to try to attract more posters and I am gioing to pay a bit more attention to this board if time permits.,

Thanks for joining. I am sure you will enjoy yuor time here!
:hello2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:20 pm 

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll love it here. I'm going to PM you my email for those smilies, so watch out for that, ok? :wink:

Post subject: Welcome to the Board, Spongemom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm glad you have registered here, SM (I find it easier sometimes to initial names just for the sake of brevity in typing...I hope you don't mind.)

You must be an animal lover since you're studying to be a veterinarian, which certainly takes dedication, compassion, and a lot of smarts! My hat is off to you for that. I love all animals and I have always had pets. Right now, we have three cats....all refugees, Saber, Charlie Tuxedo, and Mollycat. Saber adopted us, showing up on our back deck, a starved, cold, black bundle of love. Molly was abandoned in front of my sister's house during a savage rainstorm. Charlie Tuxedo took refuge at another friend's house who has eight dogs. I think Charlie showed a lot of courage in doing that. Because of the dogs, my friend couldn't keep Charlie, so she called me. And the rest is a part of the family history.

I, too, post lots of material from this site at other boards. It's one of my favorites and I'm very glad more people are coming here to register and to post. So I hope to see you here often.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:15 am 

Sheesh! I thought this was an exclusive place! Oh. well.

As far as cross-posting items, I'm all for it. SM is an Admin at News Nation and as far as I'm concerned we're all members of the Reality Based Community. Keeping one another informed with the truth is the best means toward patriotism in its truest sense.

Muck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:24 am 

Muck wrote:
Sheesh! I thought this was an exclusive place! Oh. well.

Don't forget...I know where you live... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:42 pm 
Hi SM and welcome. It has picked up around here lately. Be sure to contribute.

Beat