It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:43 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

dori wrote:
Read your own last post. Who is not being upfront with whom--the people here have been very upfront with you.

And who is threatening whom? You have come here and are already threatening anyone you don't see as following you.

Trust me, we are not followers here. We think for ourselves, and if you do also, and post, following the rules, you will have no trouble. Just remember to follow the rules, they are important to the welfare of the site...

Please show me where I have not been upfront with people here.. I am not going to sit here and tell you my life story.. Most of the people that I have known for years still do not know everything..

So it seems that I have threatened people here, I never said anyone had to follow my way of thinking. I would rather be able to have a discussion than to expect everyone to follow what one person says..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Please show me where I have not been upfront with people here.. I am not going to sit here and tell you my life story.. Most of the people that I have known for years still do not know everything..

So it seems that I have threatened people here, I never said anyone had to follow my way of thinking. I would rather be able to have a discussion than to expect everyone to follow what one person says..

Ok...TRUCE....TVNL isn't about anybody's life story, Bilbo. We don't want to know everything about you. We don't want to know everything about any member, old or new. When it comes to membership at TVNL, as I've said before, simply follow the guidelines and we'll all get along. As far as I can tell so far, you have done that, and I for one appreciate all who follow the rules, including you. It makes my job, and the job of the mods, a whole lot easier.

We may have disagreements during discussions and perhaps get really mad at each other but, hopefully, when the dust has cleared we can say with certainty that every member followed the posting guidelines. No more, no less. If you have some ideas about how to make the board better, Bilbo, please bring those ideas to me or to any of the mods privately, or put them in the Site Suggestions thread.

I hope to soon see you posting more in TVNL forums and threads other than this one, Bilbo. That's the way we really get to know newbies who we hope will not be "newbies" for very long.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman