It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iraqis miss oil fortune- Big Oil wins again. Steal wealth
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

AFP http://afr.com/articles/2005/11/24/1132703276123.html

Quote:
Up to $US194 billion ($263 billion) in Iraqi oil revenues are going to multinational oil companies under long-term contracts, and not to the Iraqi people, a social and environmental group said.
In a report, the group known as Platform said that oil multinationals would be paid between $US74 billion and $US194 billion with rates of return of between 42 per cent and 162 per cent under proposed production-sharing agreements, or PSAs.
"The form of contracts being promoted is the most expensive and undemocratic option available," Platform researcher Greg Muttitt said.
"Iraq's oil should be for the benefit of the Iraqi people not foreign oil companies."
Muttitt added: "Iraq's institutions are new and weak. Experience in other countries shows that oil companies generally get the upper hand in PSA negotiations with governments.
"The companies will inevitably use Iraq's current instability to push for highly advantageous terms and lock Iraq to those terms for decades."
The report, titled Crude Designs: The Rip-Off of Iraq's Oil Wealth, said the majority of Iraqis were against the large-scale involvement of foreign companies in the post-Saddam era.
"Iraqi public opinion is strongly opposed to handing control over oil development to foreign companies," it said.
Continues..

This is from Tvnewslies headlines and to me it seems that it is the way Bush is helping his friends to get the money that should be the Iraqi's right and redemption from our invasion. Worse is the fact that the war is costing the American taxpayer this amount of money, and a lot of dead soldiers, while the oil companies reap free profits from the country that American taxpayers are paying for- so the oil companies can go in and rip off the profits that would give Iraq financial independance from the rest of the world. Thus making the invasion and the destruction of this country legitimate, since they are poor and have no assets to become independant. :?

http://nationalpriorities.org/index.php ... Itemid=182

We have to stop using our military to finance the rich corporations by ending our governments control of ther militaries usage for offensive wars of resources. The Commander in chief concept must be removed from the president, and congress and the people should be the ones that decide when and for what reasons America goes to war, and ONLY after all the facts have been presented, not hidden speculation. The president should only have an emergency clause that he can exercise when America is under real threat of attack, and it should be only used in the most severe of moments.

Amendments must be made to remove the power the president exercises at this point. We now can see how it can be abused and in the wrong hands with the wrong motives can be a weapon against the world and not an asset, for the people- Not an asset for the elite to use to pad their wallets- at the expense of the American taxpayer and the lives of so many brave deluded soldiers, who go to their deaths for the greed of a few.

This is how we use our military.

Talk about a timely war. What with the oil prices being forced up by the war, so oil companies could reap profits while the Iraqis country is devastated beyond repair, thus making our need to be there somehow legitimised. They need us to keep them from hurting themselves and being a poor destitute country. WE aren't making them poor and destitute. We aren't hurting them. WE are there to help them. :roll:

Is this a pattern of internal destruction that corporations and governments have exercised for their own greed in the world for as long as greed and deception have been one? Could this be a pattern of maintaining power that we pay for with our taxes and lives so the business elite could help the politicians maintain wealth and power?

What are we doing supporting this war of attrition upon the innocent Iraqi people. Are we the monsters we attribute to Saddam? Is our government worse than anything Saddam could have ever been? :oops:

Enjoy your turkeys people. Eat hearty on the blood of the Iraqis and the world. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:39 pm 

Vehicles should have a new performance rating. Instead of Miles Per Gallon (MPH), it should be MPDS(Miles per Dead Soldier).

How many US soldiers died to fill your SUV with overpriced Gasoline :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:17 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yes that is true. But if we want to enact change then we should force them to start pursuing alternative fuels, so the established oil terrorists don't have the advantage of non choice. This is a priority. When the people in the power position decide what we use for fuel, we don't have much choice. The govt. could offer incentives and rewards for upgrading our energy efficiency in our homes as well as they are oil and energy guzzlers as well. Would you like to move out into the streets rather than heat your 10,000 square foot homes? New energy efficient windows, and energy efficient lighting, better heating, more solar panels, wind turbines etc. We'd see a lot less oil bleeding out of our sockets and plug ins that way. How about it. Throw away your X-box and game boy, stereos and ghetto blasters, computers and technology, Coal fired and Nuclear power plants and we'll throw away our SUV's. Guess its back to the stone age for us, Eh?

The advertisers for cars seem fixated on faster cars. How about one speed vehicles for city(30MPH) and one speed for highways(55MPH). That would certainly change our attitude and fuel consumption.

Me personally, I own an '87 S-10 that I only use when I have to. I repair it myself and I change the oil regularly, tune it up and recycle the used oil. It's paid for, has close to 300thou. KMs, and I expect to get at least 100thou. KMs more. When they come up with a better cheaper energy efficient vehicle I will buy another one. Oh and it has to be a small truck as it is much more useful. I never speed. I never get a ticket.

Still $263 Bill. dead presidents going to those oil magnates and their ilk is a lot of dead soldiers, not to mention a lot of dead Iraqis. Quite a price to pay for the American taxpayer when the cost could be offset by the stolen oil and oil company profits- which will continue to rise as the price of war goes up and the time spent in Iraq continues. Keep feeding the machine oil. It might start squeaking and people might notice it.

Hopefully they will put the pieces of this atrocity together and demand change. No more blood money for rich greasy oil execs.