It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Poisoning US Troops: Anthrax, Lies and Vaccines
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Poisoning US Troops: Anthrax, Lies and Vaccines
by Heather Wokusch | Oct 18 2006

The US Defense Department quietly announced on Monday that mandatory anthrax vaccinations would resume for military personnel and civilians deploying to 28 countries across the globe and even for some based in the US. The Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs said, "Time and again (this vaccine) has been looked at by experts, ... and each time the conclusion is the vaccine is safe and it is effective."

Tell that to the family of Jesse Lusian. The 24-year-old Northern Californian died last month "from complications resulting from an anthrax vaccine he received while serving our country as a Merchant Marine on a cargo ship in Diego Garcia, a Navy Support Facility in the Middle East
."

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:08 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Out of how many? There will always be some who die as a result of vacination yet I don't see anyone calling to stop MMR vacinations or the end of Polio vacination. Across America hundreds of thousands of people annually get the Anthrax vaccine. I live in a rural county and every single person who lives on a farm or works with livestock that I know has the Anthrax vaccine, I've been told that it's mandatory for them from the FDA.

So why the fuss, ultimately within the context of the multiple hundreds of thousands of people who already receive this vaccine and yet more who will as the military reimplements vaccinations. If out of all these people a few hundred or even thousand die the percentage is so tiny that it is inconsequential. This is an important vaccination and not for terrorism, Anthrax outbreaks are a fairly common thing to see in livestock across the third world and that is precisely where we send a great many of our troops.

But hell you can take it with whatever value you want, I'm the same person who believes we should still vaccinate for Small Pox, Whooping Cough, and anything else we ever made a workable vaccine for, and do it at the expense of the Pharmacutical companies as one of the costs of being allowed to even exist in our nation.

EDIT: Should have read the article in more depth, this particular vaccine being produced by Biocorp and VaxGen is clearly faulty and should not be used. However it was also created in 1998 and can't be the same vaccine I'm thinking of as the one local farmers are getting has apparently been given to livestock producers since the 60s. Why aren't they simply using that one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Why aren't they simply using that one?

Is Big Pharma experimenting on troops? :shock: Of course they would, if they were given the go ahead by the government. Accountability and responsibility are dirty words in the Bush administration. Their supporters benefit from that. I'm glad you read the entire article, EW, as it made you realize that the vaccines you were familiar with aren't what's being used in the military.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:49 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Just skimmed through it at first, was only after I went back and really read the entire thing in depth that it became clear this was a new and rather obviously dangerous vaccine.

Which just begs the question, if there's a safe and efficient vaccine you've been giving to farmers for better than 30 years to stop livestock outbreaks why bother testing or changing anything. It works, it's tested, been used successfully for decades. Why shouldn't they just use what we already have?