It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marine Reservist-Protesters Face Discipline
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:10 pm 

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/060107K.shtml

Marine Reservist-Protesters Face Discipline

Quote:
"This case is about the Marine Corps seeking to stifle critics of the Iraq policy by officially labeling civilian acts of peaceful protest and political speech as misconduct and serious offenses," says Michael Lebowitz, Kokesh's attorney, who fought in Iraq as an Army paratrooper.

Amazing how totally the military 'owns' people!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Kokesh and Madden both say they are proud to have served and have nothing against the institution of the Marines. Neither plans to curb his antiwar work, despite the consequences. Kokesh just took part in another mock patrol protest - wearing his uniform - in New York City.

"I will not be intimidated," Kokesh says

This is what they do to whistleblowers and those who try to enact positive changes. Now they're being threatened with job search problems etc. The old "You'll never work in this town again, Tirebiter".

They're tired of paying the commission for wheelchairs for retired generals.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:13 am 

It amazes me, DO.g's, how this administration (and the military) hold our service people in contempt.

Well, I guess they hold just about everyone in contempt...except their cronies.

We are now the United States of Cronyland!

I admire the determination of those Marines. More power to them!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd like to see an update on this one...anybody know of one?

Quote:
Kokesh was informed via e-mail that he may be violating regulations, and he did not take the admonishment lightly. He responded to the officer who had sent the e-mail, advising him not to waste time on "such petty issues, (while) our fellow Marines continue to die in futility...."

"So no, I am not replying to your e-mail in order to acknowledge my understanding of my obligations and responsibilities," Kokesh wrote, " but rather to ask you to please, kindly, go fuck yourself."

Knowing what he knows now, Kokesh said he would not change the way he responded to the officer.

"I don't regret it at all. Marines don't pull punches," Kokesh told RAW STORY following the press conference. "They messed with the wrong veteran."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Iraq_vet_ ... _0601.html

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:13 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

No new comment, but here's a sample of what a good soldier does to respond to a desk jerk member of the goon squad.

http://www.ivaw.org/kokeshletter

Quote:
My name is Adam Kokesh, and I need your help
Dear Friend of Iraq Veterans Against the War,

My name is Adam Kokesh, and I need your help. Because of my involvement in IVAW, I have been singled out and called for a military hearing to be made an example of for those of us who have spoken out against the war. I have been an active member of IVAW for a mere four months, but have already garnered enough attention to be perceived as a threat by those using our military to maintain political support for the occupation of Iraq.

Because my second activation as a reservist extended past my six-year obligation, I am only in the Inactive Ready Reserve from my honorable discharge from active duty last November to June 18th. After my discharge, I moved to Washington, DC to get a Master’s in Political Management at GWU, and joined IVAW. I have since appeared on behalf of IVAW speaking at concerts, universities, and high schools. I have written about my views on the occupation and my military experience for the IVAW website and on my blog.

Most notably, I participated in Operation First Casualty on March 19th. This was a mock combat patrol through Washington, DC in order to bring home the truth of the occupation of Iraq, because the first casualty of war is the truth. I appeared in my uniform, without my name, without rank, and without the patch that says US MARINES. I received an email of warning about possible violations of the UCMJ for appearing in uniform at a political event. Instead of ignoring it like everyone I know who has received similar emails, I wrote a strongly worded reply admonishing the Major who was “investigating” me for wasting time on such trivial matters. The text of that email is posted here.

I soon received a package from the Marine Corps informing me of a separation hearing to re-separate me with an Other Than Honorable Discharge. A scan of the complete package can be seen below. I have sought private counsel for this hearing, as is my right. I intend to bring as many witnesses as possible to testify to both the character of my service and the nature of my involvement with IVAW. The Marine Corps only made it known to us today that the hearing will be held on June 4, in a mere 13 days. They have also decided to activate me for the hearing and hold it in Kansas City, home of the Marine Corps Mobilization Command.

This case is important because the intimidation of servicemen who speak out will suppress the truth about Iraq. With the help of IVAW, I intend to fight this to the end and stand up for the rights of all members of our armed forces. Please support this effort by mailing a check made out to IVAW with “Adam Kokesh Legal Defense Fund” in the memo to PO Box 8296, Philadelphia, PA 19101 or by clicking here and including “Adam Kokesh Legal Defense Fund” in the Special Project Support window. Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments.

Sincerely,

Adam Kokesh

Text of letter follows with newspaper clippings as well.

The war doesn't end when you come home and the military won't let go of it's reminder that they own your life. Tough fucking luck military assholes- if one who has seen the lies and devastation comes home to tell the truth, the best thing to do is definitely to remind him that he is lucky to be alive- You could have been the next Pat Tillman for all the military cares. :evil:

Support this man who's eyes have been opened and sees that command is a structure that is created to force oppression on those you put it on and those who put it on you!

There are sites to help him in his fight for peace- imagine that! Having to fight for peace! As if fighting for peace is all we were meant to do. Ain't war the absolute conundrum.

His Blog- http://kokesh.blogspot.com/ - with some recent news items.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:23 pm 

Wow! what an interesting site! Thank you DO.g's.

It is such a shot of patriotism (the good kind) when I see how hard people are working to not follow the nazi way of life.

We do, indeed, have heroes in today's society.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:02 am 

Wow! Now THERE is a statement!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:07 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Wow! Now THERE is a statement!

I agree!!!! That is phenomenal!!!

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.