It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iraqi Christians get set for a grim Christmas
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iraqi Christians get set for a grim Christmas

IRBIL, Iraq — They saw their brethren murdered during Mass and then were bombed in their homes as they mourned. Al-Qaida vowed to hunt them down. Now the Christian community of Iraq, almost as old as the religion itself, is sensing a clear message: It is time to leave.

Do you think this might lead to more anger against Muslims in other countries, including the US? AND here again is a prime example of a harm done by the US invasion under George Bush in 2003. It dismantled the interreligious peace rigidly enforced by Saddam Hussein :!: .

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Iraqi Christians get set for a grim Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:04 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:

IRBIL, Iraq — They saw their brethren murdered during Mass and then were bombed in their homes as they mourned. Al-Qaida vowed to hunt them down. Now the Christian community of Iraq, almost as old as the religion itself, is sensing a clear message: It is time to leave.

Do you think this might lead to more anger against Muslims in other countries, including the US? AND here again is a prime example of a harm done by the US invasion under George Bush in 2003. It dismantled the interreligious peace rigidly enforced by Saddam Hussein :!: .

Yes, this is sad. And ya know, these worshipers over there, look so humble too, regardless of what people believe. (or don't)

As far as Bush...

If Christ was here today, the first or second cruxifictian, would immediately take place, under a similar Bush Administration. Shit, we can't have a dude making people healthy, or raising the dead. Next, people will want "single payer."

Well, I guess one person received "single payer" huh, by "paying the price for dissent," and throwing his "sorry ass" up on a cross.

If "Bush's Jesus," ain't in a set of "military fatigues," or working for Aetna, then he'll quickly become a patience of them.

Makes ya wanna grab your rosery huh!! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:39 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:

Sorry for swinging back by over here, but I thought about you Catherine, when I was reading my local online (news?)paper today. Ya probably have to weed through the ocassional (o.k. shitload) of spin, omision(s) and do a couple moves of "the propaganda shuffle," but it appears to support what you have already stated.

...but I use to work for this newspaper company years ago.

And the "shit" that passes for news, could easily be placed into any website's flashing banner. (like Wal-mart ads perhaps?)

And just because the "already tainted stories" of AP may not be disgusting enough, the "ole JC" (and Gannett newspapers in general) will further "break it down" into parts easily digested, by the "filthy right winged" news anchors, editors and publisher, that runs this "can of worms," called a newspaper outlet!!

***EXAMPLE AND THEIR QUOTE***

He declined to comment on possible causes but said the anti-Christian violence in Iraq is not necessarily linked to the assaults elsewhere. He noted that that there are "pressures on minority groups" in all three countries.

***CATHERINE'S QUOTE***

Now the Christian community of Iraq, almost as old as the religion itself,

***ME ME ME***

Since when have Christians, EVER, been a "minority group?" Oh God Greg you dumbass, because we have spread everyone's intestines in their neighbor's front yards worldwide, because "the little ole U.S. of A," have been made a victim, as a result of 911!! Therefore, the Christians, who are already familiar with the ICBM's, parting of the "Red Sea," (or the offensive line of the St. Louis Rams) have NOW, been officially "downsized," like the GM assembly plant, just down the road from here in Kokomo!! This, as a result, makes Christians, about as much of a "justified victim," of violence, as Dick Cheney's duck hunting adventure!!

Oh Christ!!

AND

...oh my sweet Jesus!! :shock: :roll: :shock:

U.S. worried by rising anti-Christian attacks

By MATTHEW LEE • The Associated Press • January 4, 2011

* Comments (1)
* Recommend
* Print this page
* E-mail this article
o Del.icio.us
o Facebook
o Digg
o Reddit
o Newsvine
o Buzz up!
o Twitter
o FarkIt
* Type Size A A A

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Tuesday it was "deeply concerned" by what appears to be a rising number of attacks on Christians in the Middle East and Africa.

The State Department said it was disturbed by a recent string of attacks against Christians in Iraq, Egypt and Nigeria and condemned all religiously motivated violence. Spokesman P.J. Crowley called on the governments in those countries to bring the perpetrators to justice.

unquote

Condemn all religiously motivated violence?

What about "General Electric/Boeing/Lockhead Martin" motivated violence?

(they're too big, to "downgrade" to a minority Greg, you dumbass!!) :albino: :shock: :roll: :albino:

To bring the perpetrators to justice?

Yeah, like Jerry's Falwell's heart attack to justice, when the words generated from this bigot, sent Mathew Shephard to an early grave. :evil:

The rest here, if you like... :shock: :roll: :shock:

http://www.jconline.com/article/2011010 ... /110104021

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know, you and/or I, as US citizens, are much more likely to be murdered by a Christian than by a person subscribing to any other form of religion, ETL... :mrgreen:

I am not a "believer." I am an atheist...and anyone reading some of my posts in this forum will quickly figure that out. However, I respect those who do believe, regardless of whatever diety they think is their creator. All I ask is that my non-belief be as respected in return.

Unfortunately, all religions are designed to "recruit" and to that end, they are all in competition with each other to win "souls." It's my belief that the real driving factors in all religions are money and mind control...and that is why they're all dangerous to all humans. That being said, I also know that there are many good people who really practice their Christian religion by being lawful, loving, and sincere in their attempts to do good by everybody. They will help anyone they can, and they are not judgemental nor are they always angry at those who do not believe as they do. To me, they are the ones who actually "walk their talk."

I had a former colleague come to my house to invite me to her church's women's group to study the book of Ruth. I asked her if she really thought that Ruth was a good example for women in general to follow. She said yes because she obeyed God. I said I could not agree because I thought that Ruth was an "obedient" woman and as such, was not a good role model for women who needed examples of females showing a willingness to practice free thought, strength, and independence. My former colleague got very upset with me and hasn't returned to see me since. Needless to say, I did not join her study of the book of Ruth. :D

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman