It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Husbands being head of the household.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:20 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Cat: I had to do some thinking and research in my Bible to even begin to respond to your post. It's only my personal thoughts and interpertations, right or wrong.

Yes, my research says a wife should respect her husband and accept him as the head of the household.

First and foremost - the husband is instructed to love his wife. To leave his parents and cleve unto her. If he loves his wife - he also loves himself. He cannot be an unfaithful, whoremongering fornicator. These are the only grounds for a spouse (man or woman) to put their mates down. Proverbs 7: 32,33.

The Bible also instructs us on the way we should treat our spouses, parents, children and to consider all others as our brothers and sisters. We are instructed to treat everyone with respect, love and compassion. Proverbs 7: 20,21.

Interpertation is important to the true meaning. Any and everything can be taken in or out of context to prove any point the author wants to convey. Even if one has faith or not, these teachings can only improve any personality if practiced.

On abortion:
Many passages teach us not to kill innocent human beings. and also whom not to trust, Exodus 23:7 - Proverbs 6:16,17,18,19 - Romans 13:8-10 ,13 - Romans 14: 4,5,10,13,19 - Matthew 15:19,20, - Revelation 21: 8 - Revelation 22:15.

King Herod - considered wicked because he killed the male children.
Luke 2: 12,16 calls these children "babies". Luke 1: 41,44 calls unborn children "babies".

Children and babies dashed to pieces will be a tragedy to any nation. Hosea 13: 16 and ll Kings 8: 12.

Deuteronomy 27: 25 - Cursed be he that taketh a bribe to slay innocent persons. Could this possibly be interperted as those who operate abortion clinics?

Statistics say; 25 million abortions have been performed since 1973.

Mark 10: 15 teaches me, I must be like a little child to receive the kingdom of God. Who in our society is more trusting, loving or more beautiful than our little children?

That is until they are taught hatred, selfishness, disrespect, cruelity, greed and all the other tributes and uncivilized traits mankind seems to be willing to see in everyone but ourselves. It's not easy being a parent today.

But it starts in the mothers womb - after birth - in the home. Parents and siblings have the first five most important years in a childs life to start the formation of their character and personality.

Then look out society - here they come for you to finish the job - for better or worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sorry, this is a truth site- propaganda and lies not permitted.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject: names
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:03 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Remember who started trouble here too Dog.

Post subject: Re: names
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:08 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

dee35ann wrote:
Remember who started trouble here too Dog.

you posts talks about how terrible it is to kill kids but god sent armies to slaughter ever man, woman and child. Not to mention flooding the earth. And lets not forget all the kids that die from starvation.

Then we have the sexually abused kids too!

Yeah, god REALLY loves children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:09 am 

i guess we kinda have to talk about purpose here then.

along with god given free will each one of us has the freedom to choose what to accept/reject in thier beliefs.

and if you understand purpose then you understand why differences of opinion are a huge part of gods divine plan.

if his word is viewed as mere fable, then it's his purpose to let that individual follow on thier path in life as they see fit.

if his word is accepted as being true then that idividuals life takes him down a different path.

again it's your choice.

god doesn't have a problem with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:50 am 

25 million abortions since the 70's? What exactly is that statistic supposed to make us feel?

Our earth is extremely overcrowded as it is. 25 million people around my age now would mean at least 100 million more people on the earth. We can't sustain that much life (hence the starving children that NYGG points out.)

Also, as far as the women being subservient to men, that's complete and utter bullshit, patriarchal propaganda. It was created to help place men as the "higher" sex. Seriously. Can you not see the ways that the bible controls? What about how the slave owners used to justify slavery as being backed up in the bible?

Its a control device and nothing more.

Last edited by lefty on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Until very recently in human history (the last few thousand years), women were typically the religious and societal leaders. Most modern religions seem to have been set up with the distinct goal of transferring that power from women to men. The results have not been favorable, to say the least.

This is what happens when religion is used to make women into second class citizens.

200 Lashes for Rape Victim

A Saudi court on Tuesday more than doubled the number of lashes that a female rape victim was sentenced to last year after her lawyer appealed the original sentence. The decision, which many lawyers found shocking even by Saudi standards of justice, has provoked a rare public debate about the treatment of women here.

The victim’s name has not been released. She was raped about 18 months ago in Qatif, a city in the Eastern Province, and has become known in the Saudi media as “the Qatif girl.” She was 19 years old at the time of the assault.

Her case has been widely debated since the court sentenced her to 90 lashes a year ago for being in the same car as an unrelated man, even after it ruled that she had subsequently been raped. For a woman to be in seclusion with a man who is not her husband or a relative is a crime in Saudi Arabia, whose legal code is based on a strict Wahhabi interpretation of Islamic law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:29 pm 

Critical examination of the bible shows that all patriarchal references are from someone other than Christ. Paul is a misogynist of the first degree that never met Christ face to face. Has to abortion the bible is silent until the leap is made to include prohibitions on killing innocent life. If the bible is against killing in the womb, why is the punishment for adultery that results in pregnancy, stoning of both mother and child? The only prohibition against abortion would seem to be the denial of revenge to the stone throwing mob.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: 25 million abortions
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:58 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I have no idea what that statistic means to you.

To me it is saying, were there that many rapes or womens life in jeopardy from a pregnacy or has abortion been used as a means of birth control?

Don't have an answer myself. I will say. however, someone may be playing God and deciding who shall live and who dies.

I will state again - only my opinion - right or wrong. No, I am not trying to bring anyone around to my way of thinking. So before anyone jumps my hide again - just come right out and tell me I do not have a right to an opinion.

Post subject: Re: 25 million abortions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:17 am 
Hear Me Roar!

dee35ann wrote:
I have no idea what that statistic means to you.

To me it is saying, were there that many rapes or womens life in jeopardy from a pregnacy or has abortion been used as a means of birth control?

Don't have an answer myself. I will say. however, someone may be playing God and deciding who shall live and who dies.

I will state again - only my opinion - right or wrong. No, I am not trying to bring anyone around to my way of thinking. So before anyone jumps my hide again - just come right out and tell me I do not have a right to an opinion.

Every time you state your opinion you ARE in fact trying to bring people around to your way of thinking. I will assume you think you are RIGHT, and there is no logical reason to state your opinion other than to convince others that yours is the right one. This also explains why you keep posting back and keep finding the need to give us the same opinion over and over.

So stop lying to yourself and stop lying to us by saying you are not trying to get us to believe what you say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Cat: I had to do some thinking and research in my Bible to even begin to respond to your post.

:? Which post was that? :?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:05 am 

Dee, honestly, I love you dearly, but you are the one who keeps starting these topics where you end up feeling insulted and picked on. We all have our own opinions and our own hang-ups, the best way to have people club us over the head with them is to continually start threads with them.

I value your participation here and want it to continue. But you are bound to give up if you are trying to sell us opinions we do not share.

Please think about that.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

There is no head of our household. My wife and I have always seemed to naturally defer to whichever one of us is obviously most competent in any given area without need for an artificial hierarchy. A recent study has shown that such attitudes lead to stronger, more satisfying relations for both people.

Could it be that the chauvinist old men who wrote the bible were wrong?

Study: Feminists are better mates

Supporters of equality for women also have stronger relationships, new research says

Take a feminist out to dinner.

That's the advice of a social psychologist who concludes in a new study that feminists make better partners and have stronger romantic relationships.

The results, appearing in the online edition of the peer-reviewed journal Sex Roles, show that for both women and men there was a benefit to having a feminist partner. Feminist women were also more likely than others to be in a romantic relationship.

"If you're a woman paired with a male feminist," said Rudman, "you have a healthier relationship across the board"--better in terms of relationship quality, equality, stability and sexual satisfaction.

"And men paired with female feminists have greater sexual satisfaction and greater relationship stability," she said. "So, [there were] higher scores on two of the four dimensions, with no difference on the other two."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The sensible speaking to the senseless.

How come dee can start a post in another area on what you started cath and not put a reference to it? Is she trying to sleight your post and cause provocation? Has she lost what's left of her feeble mind to cover the fact that she is trying to provoke something?

Trolls are not permitted on this site and she is nothing but a bigoted, misogynistic pest. This post should be moved to your post location that she states she is responding to or thrown into the cage or deleted.

This shows intent. She is a neo-conned rightwing shill troll.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dee isn't a troll. Her tenure at this board negates that label.

But I DO expect her to tell me what post she's referencing.

Dee, please do that quickly. Like lefty says, you do seem bent on trying to "stir the pot" and forcing your threads to end up in the Steel Cage. If that is your intent, please just start the thread in the SC originally and save me some time.

I can't imagine that I would ever be posting anything that was supportive of the MAN being the HEAD of the HOUSEHOLD. :lol:

My relationship with my husband is more like shoe's and his wife's. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be living in the same house.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman