It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:22 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:43 am
Posts: 1015
>Subject: From Andy Rooney -- "I agree"
>
>
>
>Andy Rooney
>DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the
>U.S.
>Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's
>law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward
>with a full frontal view ?... it is Moses and he is holding the Ten
>Commandments!
>
>
>
>
>.
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the
>Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.
>
>?
>
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>
>As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall,
>right above where the Supreme Court judges sit,
>a display of the Ten Commandments!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>
>
>
>
>There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and
>Monuments in Washington, D.C.
>
>
>
>
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>
>
>James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our
>Constitution" made the following statement:
>
>
>"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the
>capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all
>of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves
>according to the Ten Commandments of God."
>
>
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>
>?
>
>
>Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:
>
>
>"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation
>was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on
>the Gospel of Jesus Christ".
>
>
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>
>Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose
>salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.
>
>
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>
>
>Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the
>established orthodox churches in the colonies.
>
>
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and
>instead of interpreting the law would begin making law . an oligarchy
>
>
>the rule of few over many.
>
>
>DID YOU KNOW?
>
>
>The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:
>
>?
>
>
>
>"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."
>
>
>How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220
>years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?
>
>Lets put it around the world and let the world see and remember what this
>great country was built on.

_________________
I believe that God has planted in every heart the desire to live in freedom.
George W. Bush
DESTROY THE QURAN OR BE DESTROYED BY IT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:24 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 1955
Location: upstate new york.
they should be removed from all those places.

what we did years ago doesn't make it right...we also, at one time, had slavery as being legal in america and the supreme courts supported it as well as all levels of the government.

did that make it right?

personally, i view all of you who feel that church and state should unite are no different than the taliban who controlled afghanistan. if you want to practice your religion, then do so in a church, not in my government.

besides that, most of your christian politicians you send end up being nut cases anyways.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:49 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:43 am
Posts: 1015
Quote:
they should be removed from all those places.

why ? just to make the less than 15% of america happy? if you don't like it don't look at it.

Quote:
personally, i view all of you who feel that church and state should unite are no different than the taliban who controlled afghanistan. if you want to practice your religion, then do so in a church, not in my government.


no different than the taliban ? i don't see christians in america killing people because they are not christians .as far as my religion i'll practice it wherever i want . thats what freedom of religion means.if i want to practice it in OUR government i will . if you don't like it don't participate.
but don't try to take my freedoms away

Quote:
besides that, most of your christian politicians you send end up being nut cases anyways.


comming from an atheist , i couldn't expect anything else.maybe you should educate yourself?

_________________
I believe that God has planted in every heart the desire to live in freedom.
George W. Bush
DESTROY THE QURAN OR BE DESTROYED BY IT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:22 am 
Offline
Deal With It!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:57 pm
Posts: 413
Location: Land of Lincoln
mga wrote:
they should be removed from all those places.
buckshot wrote:
why ? just to make the less than 15% of america happy? if you don't like it don't look at it.


That's the same logic used to support "Separate But Equal" and the Jim Crow laws. Are you a racist Bucky? Remember now, the third hit when I plugged in the web site address that you posted was for Stormfront, a white supremacist group. That says quite a bit about the site. There's always much to be learned from who links to whom.

mga wrote:
personally, i view all of you who feel that church and state should unite are no different than the taliban who controlled afghanistan. if you want to practice your religion, then do so in a church, not in my government.
Mr. Buckshot wrote:
no different than the taliban ?


He's correct Bucky. In many ways the Radical Christian Right are no different from the Taliban.

Mr. Buckshot wrote:
i don't see christians in america killing people because they are not christians .


You've missed a large portion of US history, haven't you? Converting "heathens" on threat of death is different? Converting "savages" with a gun barrel shoved in their mouths, or bayonets in their backs is different? How so Bucky?

You really need to read up on Theonomic Reconstruction/Dominionism and the Men who'll bring it to us.
Mr. Buckshot wrote:
as far as my religion i'll practice it wherever i want .


So it's OK then if Wiccans, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims and folks who practice Shinto come over to your school/government/public building and practice it there? Is that OK with you? Somehow I doubt that you'd support that.

How about if I come on over to your place and tell your kids that Christianity is nothing more than a Cannibalistic Vampire Cult that drinks ceremonial blood, eats ceremonial flesh and worships a being that came back from the dead? You see, that interpretation of Christianity is no different from that "Prophet of Doom" site's interpretation of Islam that you posted. Your religion is your business. Spreading hate about other religions on the other hand is purely ignorant opinion. We can't stop you from opening your uneducated yap. That's a right. It's freedom of speech.

Mr. Buckshot wrote:
thats what freedom of religion means.if i want to practice it in OUR government i will .


If you do it quietly, to your self, that's really not a problem. It never has been. But, and this is a big BUT, if you do so in the course of Government Business then you're clearly in violation of the Establishment Clause. (BTW Bucky, that's the First Amendment)

Mr. Buckshot wrote:
if you don't like it don't participate.
but don't try to take my freedoms away


Your freedom of religion ends at the tip of your nose Bucky. Once you tell others that your religion is preeminent in the people's common you're no longer practicing freedom of religion; you're proselytizing. You do not have the right to shove your version of faith, your belief system, down other citizen's throats.
mga wrote:
besides that, most of your christian politicians you send end up being nut cases anyways.
Mr. Buckshot wrote:
comming from an atheist , i couldn't expect anything else.maybe you should educate yourself?


Sometimes Bucky... You try a person's patience with your ignorance. You're the one in need of education.

_________________
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Bucky can't answer my queries. Coward!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:47 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:19 pm
Posts: 2533
Hey SFB BUCKY- WHY DON'T YOU LIST YOUR VERSION OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS SO WE CAN SEE HOW MANY THE CHRISTIAN AMERIKA BREAKS EVERY DAY. YOU REALLY DO EXEMPLIFY THE TOTALLY IGNORANT HYPOCRITIC IDIOTIC SIMPLE MINDED CHRISTIAN. Bush must love the thought of you christians as his favorite dupes.


It is clear then, that Christianity in general has simply chosen to ignore much of the bible upon which it is based. It is equally sure that Christianity does not have an unchanging moral code. Something that was wrong in the past can be right now, and something that was right in the past can be wrong now.
It seems reasonable to argue that what was suitable for a group of primitive Israelite tribespeople is not suitable for the life we lead now - or indeed for much of the intervening period. The bible is, in fact, almost laughably inadequate and superficial as a moral document and discusses no moral question with any clarity or depth - plenty of nice things are said here and there but do not rise above the platitudinous. It seems incredible that such a thrown together mishmash has had such importance in western history. We need to develop a sophisticated moral response to the issues that face us today that were not dreamt of in biblical times, and seek solutions which are appropriate to our conditions. Here is the beginnings of a list of problem areas which were not dealt with in the bible:

Bush and Hitler have too much in common. Take aryanism. Arianism. Named after Arius of Alexandria, this was the doctrine that while Jesus was the Son of God and the perfect man, he was not perfect God, with the Father, and was in fact a created being. This was opposed by Athanasius of Alexandria, for whom Jesus was just as much God as the Father and was uncreated and eternal. Arianism was condemned by the First Ecumenical Council, at Nicea, called by the Emperor Constantine I in 324, and by the Second Ecumenical Council, at Constantinople, called by the Emperor Theodosius I in 381. Nicea affirmed that Jesus was of one substance with the Father, uncreated, and God of God. This view was expressed in the still popular Nicene Creed. Arianism had to be condemned twice because through much of the 4th century it had actually become rather popular in Court circles and in the Church. At the same time, many German tribes that were converting to Christianity, like the Goths, converted to Arianism. Some Germans, like the
Visigoths and Lombards, persisted as Arians until the 6th century. Arianism thus made for a very troublesome element in Church history. Later in the Middle Ages, Islââm was regarded by Christians as a kind of Arianism, even though Islââm, while accepting the Virgin Birth and other miraculous elements of the life of Jesus, did not acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God in any sense. Much later, the Nicene debate was still living to Thomas Jefferson, a Unitarian, who regarded "Athanasianism" as superstitious and contemptible.

Speaking of fucked up, here's some of the finer christian values to be found in a book that has no humor in it, which in itself shows a diseased mind at work.


GENESIS

17:9-14 Circumcision mandated (Unhealthy)
19:1-8 Rape virgins instead of male angels (Sexist)
19:30-38 Righteous man impregnates his 2 daughters while drunk (Lascivious Incest)
24:2-3, 9 Place your hand "under the thigh" (sexual organs) of someone swearing sacred oaths ( Homo sexual Pedophilia encouraged)
25:1-6 Keeping mistresses is not adultery 32:25 God grabs Jacob's testicles (gOD's a faggot)
34:1-31 Brothers are riled when sister is defiled
35:2 Reuben sleeps with father's concubine ( Fuck anybody)
38:1-10 Onan's method of birth control not approved
38:12-30 Tamar plays the harlot to seduce father-in-law
39:1-20 Women tries to rape man
47:29 Joseph ordered to place his hand under father's thigh (WOOOOOO)
EXODUS
20:26 God specifies building of altar to prevent exposure of nakedness
22:19 Death decreed for bestiality
33:17-23 God moons Moses
NUMBERS
31:1-18; 28-47 God commands genocide of Midianites, Moses orders that virgins be kept, other captives slain (Jealousy is his )
5:11-31 God's fidelity test for women only ( OK Men are PIGS)
LEVITICUS
12:1-8 Bible calls childbirth a sin and bearing females a greater sin than bearing males ( China circa 1000BC)
15:16-18 Sperm and intercourse are unclean ( Body functions -is spit?)
15:19-33 Menstruation unclean; elaborate rules (Menarche is sacred in most giver societies)
15:29-30 Women must make sin offering for menstrual periods ( Male phobias)
18:22 Homosexuality declared an abomination
18:23 More bestiality
19:1,20-22 Man gets forgiven, slave girl gets flogging
20:10 Adulterers shall be put to death
20:13 Death decreed for homosexuals
20:15-16 Death decreed for bestiality (& beast)
26:29 Curse: Eat your sons and daughters ( Cannibalism)
DEUTERONOMY
3:1-7 Kill men, women, & children ( Fun things to do say in Iraq)
21:10-14 God okays captured maidens as trial wives ( par for the course of history)
22:5 Men's clothing not to be worn by women, & vice versa
22:13-21 A bride not a virgin must die ( MUST)
22:23-26 Virgin raped in city given no pity ( It was her fault)
23:12-14 Defecation: Carry paddle, dig hole, & cover up
25:5-10 Woman has cause to spit in man's face
25:11-12 A woman shall have her hand cut off for touching a penis 9 WOOOOW)
22:28-29 Paying father to have sex with daughter ( He'd do it for free)
23:1 Man "wounded in the stones" can't enter congregation
23:2 Children born out of wedlock condemned as bastards to 10th generation (Sad sacks)
23:10-11 Cleanliness called for in nocturnal emissions (Don't touch)
24:1 Man can divorce wife through eviction ( Make them safe)
28:27 Hemorrhoids ("emerods") punishment for sin
28:30 Lord's curse: Another man shall lie with groom's bride first
28:53-57 Curse: Eat your own body & children
JUDGES
3:20-22 Dagger in fat king's gut gets "dirt" out
4:4-22 Hammer & nail murder by woman
8:30 Gideon had many wives, concubines
11:29-40 Jephtha's daughter: human sacrifice
19:1-30 Woman raped and ruined by homosexuals
21:6-25 Amidst carnage virgins captured for wives
RUTH
3:6-9 To "hook" him as husband, Ruth sleeps with Boaz 4:9-10 Boaz buys Ruth
I SAMUEL
5:9-12 Philistines "smitten with emerods" as punishment for stealing ark
6:1-5 To placate God, make golden emerods
15:3 God orders Saul to kill suckling babes
18:23-27 200 foreskins gain David a king's daughter
25:22,34 Any that pisseth against the wall
II SAMUEL
3:7 More concubine hanky-panky
11:1-27 Uriah sent to lose his life so David can get his wife ( ENVY, Jealousy)
12:7-12 Obscene performance to be viewed by all Israel
5:13 David had many wives, concubines
Chapter 13 Amnon rapes his sister
16:20-23 Absalom copulates with father's concubines on rooftop
20:3 David imprisons concubines for above
I KINGS
1:1-4 Virgin as therapy for sick old man unsuccessful
11:1-10 Wise Solomon has wives and concubines galore ( 1000, Jagger eat your heart out)
14:10 Him that pisseth against the wall
16:11 One that pisseth against a wall
21:21 Him that pisseth against the wall
II KINGS
6:24-33 "So we boiled my son, and did eat him" (Cannibals)
9:8 Subject not mentioned in sermons
23:7 Male houses of prostitution destroyed
I CHRONICLES
1:32-33 Abraham's concubines have children
II CHRONICLES
11:21 King Rehoboam had 18 wives & 60 concubines
ESTHER
Chapters 1-2 Sexual contest to decide new queen
SONG OF SOLOMON (the whole thing!) ( Shades of Deep throat)
ISAIAH
3:16 "...and the Lord will discover their secret parts"( gOD's queer)
9:20 Every man shall eat the flesh of his own arm ( Why eat the whole thing)
14:21-22 Slaughter children for fathers' iniquity
16:11 Biblical boast: "My bowels shall sound like an harp"
36:12 Eating dung and drinking piss (Like Bucky)
JEREMIAH
16:4 Grievous, obscene deaths
LAMENTATIONS
2:19 Something to lament
4:10 Women boil children for food
EZEKIEL
4:12-15 God says: Eat bread defiled with dung
5:8-10 What's for dinner? (Ch 5 is BRUTAL) They had no vision.Ezekial suffers from temporal lobe seizures.
8:2 Lord's loins make guest appearance( temporal lobe)
16:15 Fornications pour out
16:36-37 Their "filthiness poured out..."
23:1-40 Sex organs and ejaculate of harlots' lovers compared to asses & horses
29:7-8 God performs bloody castration via a sword
HOSEA 1:2-11 God tells Hosea to take whore to wife
2:1-15 Complications ensue (lewdly described)
NAHUM
3:4-6 Lord: "I will discover thy skirts upon thy face"
MALACHI
2:1-4 An angry god will spread feces on your faces( Do.g's on you)
MATTHEW
5:27-30 A man may lust but it's not considered just
5:31-32 Man can divorce wife for fornication only
19:3-9 Man who divorces and remarries is adulterer
19:12 Castrate yourself for Jesus
22:24 Law of Onan (you have to marry your dead brother's wife)
LUKE
2:21 Eight day old Jesus is circumcised (genital mutilation encouraged)
ACTS
5:38 Eunuch baptized
15:24 Circumcision is not commandment
16:3 Paul circumcises adult
ROMANS
1:26-32 Gay men and lesbians "worthy of death" (backbiters etc)
I CORINTHIANS
6:18-20 Abstain from sex ( Bucky becomes a eunuch, cut your balls off, if you have any)
7:1-40 To be more holy, refrain from sex wholly
7:18-19 If you're not circumcised, stay that way
GALATIANS
5:1-4 Paul speaks against circumcision
REVELATION
17:1-6 A whore is stripped, eaten and burned

TEACHINGS OF THE "PRINCE OF PEACE"

LUKE
12:51-2
"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three."
14:26
"If any man come unto me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." (You lose Bucky, go to HELL)
19:27
"But those mine enemies which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
MATTHEW
10:34
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I come not to send peace, but a sword." (Anger hate jealousy)
10:35-6
"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."
15:4
"For God commanded, saying, Honor thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."( Glaring contradiction)
ADDENDUM
EXODUS
22:18 Reason for murder of many innocent women
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
LEVITICUS
24:16 Death for pronouncing name of Yahweh (the "Lord")
ROMANS
13:1-6 Obey the leader, (even if it's Hitler!)

BUCKY SEZ, QUOTE-why ? just to make the less than 15% of america happy? if you don't like it don't look at it.

Speaking of 15%, Did you know that at the time of the revolutionary war, there were less than 15% christian church goers in America. So much for christian values being a founding feature. Take your argument to Thomas Payne, A true hero of Democracy!

BUCKY SEZ QUOTE- i don't see christians in america killing people because they are not christians .as far as my religion i'll practice it wherever i want . thats what freedom of religion means.if i want to practice it in OUR government i will . if you don't like it don't participate.
but don't try to take my freedoms away .

Thats because you're blind and ignorant. How many racially profiled? How many gays? how many hate beatings, murdered abortionists? By supposed Christians. In the name of god? Whats that first commandment again? Tell that to the 12,000 Innocent Iraqi civilians, most of them the old, women and children. In amerika, how many fucked up christian men kill their wives and children each year. You are such an obnoxious hypocritic churlish little man. You LIE to yourself daily!!! Get down on your knees and pray; you need saving. Freedom to you gives you permission to HATE. Thanks for defining your FREEDOM for us.

The only thing people should hate , is hatred.
There is nothing so dangerous as someone claiming to be always right because that is certain to lead to them being wrong - at least some of the time. Fortunately, driven by secular influences since the Renaissance, Christianity, at least, has given up much of its barbaric past and improved its claim to be able to represent a moral standpoint (at the expense of ignoring the bible). It should not be allowed to claim the present as its own, however, but must disappear or continue to change. The fear, of course, amongst many Christians, is that much further change would lead to its disintegration, and they may be right.

Compared to the Koran, the bible is just a litany of anger, hatred, jealousy, bigotry, murder and outright ignorance of reality. The Koran is a breath of fresh air compared to this EVIL based book, that makes absolutely no sense. It can't even adhere to truth in historical events(like Exodus) and is just a piece of whiticised trash. Like you, full of anger, hate and jealousy, love of aryan principles, so frustrated with stupidity that you would have intelligent people follow your thinking, or lack thereof. It is so backward and full of shit it constantly criticises itself. That reminds me of you and the way you are. Remember, a traitor to the world. That is what you have become. Ask Ben Franklin what you are and what you deserve. They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

BUCKY SEZ QUOTE-comming from an atheist , i couldn't expect anything else.maybe you should educate yourself?

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - - Stephen Roberts

"The Christian faith from the beginning, is sacrifice: the sacrifice of all
freedom, all price, all self-confidence of spirit;
it is at the same time
subjection, self-derision, and self-mutilation..."
[Nietzsche]

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."[Nietzsche "The Dawn"]

"War to the death against depravity--depravity is Christianity."
[Nietzsche]

"It is regrettable that a Dostoyevski (Birth Date:, 1821. Death Date:, January 28, 1881)did not live near this most interesting of all decades--I mean someone who would have known how to sense the very stirring charm of such a mixture of the sublime, the sickly, and the childlike."
[Nietzsche, on Jesus Christ](Birth Date:, October 15, 1844. Death Date:,
August 25, 1900.)

"Atheists are now here to stay. We are ready to take over the culture and move it ahead for the benefit of all mankind. Religion has ever been anti-human, anti-woman, anti-life, anti-peace, anti-reason, and anti-science.
The god idea has been detrimental not only to humankind but to the earth.
It is time now for reason, education, and science to take over."
[Madalyn O'Hair, "Atheists: The Last Minority"]

"But I am mistaken in speaking of a Christian republic; the terms are mutually exclusive. Christianity preaches only servitude and dependence. Its spirit is so favorable to tyranny that it always profits such a regime. True Christians are made to be slaves, and they know it and do not mind; this short life counts for too little in their eyes."
[Jean Jacques Rousseau, Contrat Social (The Social Contract)]

"Why do you think you're God?"
"Because when I pray, I find I'm talking to myself."
[from The Ruling Class]

Quick to judge ... Quick to anger ... Slow to understand...
Ignorance and prejudice and fear [all] Walk hand in hand.
[RUSH]

"[My] mind is not for rent to any god or government"
[Rush, "Tom Sawyer"]

"I do not need the idea of God to explain the world I live in."
[Salman Rushdie, on David Frost show]

"The idea of the sacred is quite simply one of the most
conservative notions in any culture, because it seeks to turn
other ideas --uncertainty, progress, change -- into crimes."
[Salman Rushdie]

"The state is a bankrupt institution. The only alternative to this
bankrupt 'humanistic' system is a God-centered government."
[R.J. Rushdoony, Reconstructionist theologian,
from _The Religious Right: The Assault on Tolerance
and Pluralism In America_, published by ADL]

"Christianity is completely and radically anti-democratic;
it is committed to spiritual aristrocracy."
[R.J. Rushdoony, Reconstructionist theologian,
from _The Religious Right: The Assault on Tolerance
and Pluralism In America_, published by ADL]

"I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion,
as organized in its churches, has been and still is
the principal enemy of moral progress in the world."
[Bertrand Russell]

"It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no reason whatsoever for supposing it to be true."
[Bertrand Russell]

"If you think that your belief is based upon reason, you will support it by argument, rather then by persecution, and will abandon it if the argument goes against you. But if your belief is based on faith, you will realize that argument is useless and will therefore result to force either in the form of persecution or by stunting and distorting the minds of the young in what is called "education"."
[Bertrand Russell]

"There is something feeble and a little contemptable about a man who cannot face the perils of life without the help of comfortable myths. Almost inevitably some part of him is aware that they are myths and that he believes them only because they are comforting. But he dare not face this thought!
Moreover, since he is aware, however dimly, that his opinions are not real, he becomes furious when they are disputed."
[Bertrand Russell, "Human Society in Ethics and Politics"]

"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence,
it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
[Bertrand Russell]

"Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do."
[Bertrand Russell]

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
[Voltaire]

"I have only made but one prayer in my life: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it."
[Voltaire]

Have you Ever read the bible, or are you afraid that you might learn something about how stupid it and you are. By all means, I encourage, implore, beesech you to read it. Try to understand, beyond what others tell you, about how ridiculous it truly is. Learn for yourself and then tell us about why you believe.

What it all comes down to, is that the bible and Amerika are just conspiracy theories :!:

Try to read to comprehend. Hiding behind a book he's never read. THAT's something to believe in!!! You are the epitome of what makes a coward.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:22 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 1955
Location: upstate new york.
while browsing around today, i came across a conversation in a forum that originated with some pro-republican text and ended with some one almost converted to being a democrat..lol


http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... p?t=255558

perhaps, buckshot, an education by yourself might teach you more than what you have allowed others to teach you. all you have to do is read with an open mind....try this for starters...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le9045.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:32 am 
Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 222
Location: San Diego, Ca
Good piece of advice.

Buckshot, you have already come far enough as to be searching for outside pieces of information. You have access to this site and others like this one i assume. You also float around in cyberspace. Many people I know are still stuck using primative news/information gathering techniques. Such as watching TV News and reading the local newspapers and magazines. If I relied on what the mainstream fed me, id be very ignorant to the way of the world. Imagine only having access to corparate media propaganda. You'd be dumb as a typical, stereo-typical american


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group