It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: WormFood?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:38 pm 

I there is no "life" after "death", what comes next? When the body dies, does our conciousness disapear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

actually, i have a theory on that. .....ready?

you know how people claim to be floating down a tunnel of light and seeing all images of people and places.... well, i believe that the brain is like a large capacitor, storing electronic energy. as a person dies, the brain reacts and expends electronic energy, thereby giving one the sensation of floating down a tunnel. the tunnel they are experiencing is the brain shutting down certain parts, trying to save energy. memories, images, etc are now quickly being expelled in an attempt by the brain to "self preserve" itself.

so, basically, the images are just the brain losing or expelling energy, the "tunnel" is just the brain shutting down unneeded areas of itself, thus blocking off other areas of it...giving a tunnel effect.

so, to answer your question, i believe we simply die and that's that.....like any other living organism on earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:45 pm 

No 72 vrgins huh. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

ECSMOKELOC wrote:
No 72 vrgins huh. :(

sheesh...i can't find a LIVE one...let alone 72 spiritual ones.

but, that brings another question....does that mean one gets to fornicate with 72 virgins after you die? lol...most guys can't handle one.

Post subject: worm food
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This was Ben Franklin's own epitaph:

"The body of Benjamin Franklin, Printer (like the cover of an old book, its contents torn out and striped of its lettering and gilding), lies here, food for worms; but the work shall not be lost, for it will (as he believed) appear once more in a new and more elegant edition, revised and corrected by the Author"

Maybe an old maid, but no 72 virgins. gOd already laid claim to those.

On the Choice of a Mistress

by Ben Franklin

[he recommends choosing an older, not necessarily pretty wife]

1. Because they have more Knowledge of the world, and their Minds are better stored with Observations; their Conversation is more improving, and more lastingly agreeable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of utility. They learn to do a thousand Services, small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of children, which irregularly procured may be attended with much inconvenience. (also death during childbirth)

4. Because through more Experience they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your reputation; and with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclined to excuse an old Woman, who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his manners by her good Councils, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part. The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower parts continuing to the last as plump as ever; so that covering all above with a Basket, and reggarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old one from a young one. And as in the Dark all Cats are gray, the Pleasure of Corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal and frequently superior; every Knack being by Practice capable of improvement.

6. Because the sin is less. The Debouching of a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend making an old Woman happy.

8th & lastly. They are so grateful!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:54 pm 

LOL...big expectations to live up t....rather, die up to. I wonder if you get self-conscience in heaven? Do all those virgins start getting attitudes and jealous of each other? I would think the novelty wears thin after a few centuries. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

:lol: good one DO.g's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:33 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

mga wrote:
but, that brings another question....does that mean one gets to fornicate with 72 virgins after you die? lol...most guys can't handle one.

The obvious solution to this is simple; there are really 73 virgin females and no males. <.< >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

IF god was female sot aaaaand a virgin!
Anyone who lusts after death that much CAN'T be a virgin. But could be female.

Name gOD's wife?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Name gOD's wife?

i found her!! alive and well!!

http://shirleyshave.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Shirley you jest.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I wonder what mysteries she has shaved in her blog spot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:52 pm 
mga wrote:

you know how people claim to be floating down a tunnel of light and seeing all images of people and places.... well, i believe that the brain is like a large capacitor, storing electronic energy. as a person dies, the brain reacts and expends electronic energy, thereby giving one the sensation of floating down a tunnel. the tunnel they are experiencing is the brain shutting down certain parts, trying to save energy. memories, images, etc are now quickly being expelled in an attempt by the brain to "self preserve" itself.

so, basically, the images are just the brain losing or expelling energy, the "tunnel" is just the brain shutting down unneeded areas of itself, thus blocking off other areas of it...giving a tunnel effect.

so, to answer your question, i believe we simply die and that's that.....like any other living organism on earth.

This, only it's part right. The energy doesn't just go "poof", it changes into some other form of life. Remember, energy is never created nor destroyed, only changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IF it's anything for you guys, it will be 72 FEMINISTS waiting, experienced, and oh, so hungry...just for you...so you'd better hope the worms get you first. :lol: :lol:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
IF it's anything for you guys, it will be 72 FEMINISTS waiting, experienced, and oh, so hungry...just for you...so you'd better hope the worms get you first. :lol: :lol:

Catherine

LOL...good one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Toshiro Tzu wrote:
mga wrote:

This, only it's part right. The energy doesn't just go "poof", it changes into some other form of life. Remember, energy is never created nor destroyed, only changed.

another life form??? when you turn a switch off to a light, does the electrical energy in the wires go to another life form? there is no other life form..the electrical pulses die, same as a battery being drained, until they are no longer present...therefore death.

nothing else happens...no soul rises out of you...no life form takes over....you are simply d-e-a-d

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next