It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dear diary,

why does everyone think i'm an asshole???

but, i really like my new friend bucky...i hope he likes me too. we get along so well and we think so much alike. i'll bet he'll like my mother too. i wish he'd come and visit me. i'll show him all my fairy anime pictures. i'll bet bucky will love them.

but, i know bucky doesn't think i'm an asshole, i just don't know why every one else does....i'll ask my mom.

Post subject: Pot- kettle- BLACK?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Lets see who IS the strawman!!!!

Quote:
Rhetorical use

The straw-man rhetorical technique is the practice of refuting weaker arguments than one's opponents actually offer. To "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw-man argument" is to create a position that is easy to refute, then attribute that position to your opponent.

Your argument is from anger- undirected anger as you are angry with everyone - including yourself. Anger when directed can be a learning experience- your problem is you have points in all directions- which is like having no point at all!!!! You don't wish to learn anything but your inner rhyme.

One can set up a straw man in several different ways:

1. Present only a portion of the opponent's arguments (often a weak one), refute it, and pretend that all of their arguments have been refuted.

You haven't answered any of my questions about your beliefs in a fashion that can establish what you believe. Look at your blog- Can't even decide whether you're a buddhist, a left wingnut a woman or a man. It gets worse

2. Present the opponent's argument in weakened form, refute it, and pretend that the original has been refuted.

Nothing you've said even remotely refutes any aspect of my stance and you want me to answer, what, whether I'm a Wiccan or some other drivel. What do you base your claptrap on? Guessing?

3. Present a misrepresentation of the opponent's position, refute it, and pretend that the opponent's actual position has been refuted.

What the hell does that mean? Is Jebus a Commie? Where do I say that? I think corporations and the American government exercise the communist doctrines and at the same time push the idea that communism is Bad. Do you think realistic ideas that Jebus preaches but no christian actually follows fits in this area? Dream on.

4. Present someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, refute their arguments, and pretend that every argument for that position has been refuted.

I don't have time to read your nonsense completely, self aggrandisement is a minimal device of usage when someone hasn't a stand outside of anger issues to talk about, as your stand represents. I never ask anyone else to help my discussions. I see though how you argue from anger against any who disagree with you( mga).

5. Invent a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticised, and pretend that the person represents a group that the speaker is critical of.

Toshiro Tsu is a real character? As I said, you obviously live in a dream world where others who say, on a right wingnut board compliment your genius(that is something to be proud of,- a bunch of rightwingnuts complimenting you) that you complain about, make you feel power and control. Dream on little man.

Boy, you live the white ass persona of the proverbial strawman. Please remember, Do you want real TRUTH in capital letters? Then search yourself for why you believe the things you do. Don't be afraid to analyze why your religion gives you the high it does. Answer yourself this question: Is TRUTH important enough for me to give up my religion if that is required?
Until you answer yes to this you are not being honest with yourself.

Religion can be as easy as what you believe about yourself, mudman!!!!!!
Try an anti anger pill and learn where it comes from.

MGA- Bucky doesn't realize that the forum you quoted was from Shit Tsu's blog about himself. Is he the fairy that Bucky spoke of? Perhaps Bucky is more perceptive than we gave him credit for.

Some logic textbooks define the straw-man fallacy only as a misrepresented argument. It is now common, however, to use the term to refer to all of these tactics. The straw-man technique is also used as a form of media manipulation.

I would say you use it as a form of protestation for your inadequacies and as an agent of subterfuge and mendacity, as your blog is so full of shit as to make anyone laugh in disbelief that anyone could genuinely believe this alimental bullshit that you spew. You have no power and control. Admit it and be free of your inadequacies as a human. This is your greatest fear, that you'll be found out as a nothing. That is why you seek out gratification from others, instead of letting it go and being truly free.

You have to know what you have to do to keep them from hurting you.

Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind isn't common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless. Discussion with you is getting worse than useless. Take it out on your BLOG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dear diary,

the guys in the forum are really picking on me today, especially the one called DO.g's. he's really really mean to me and i talked to my mother about him too. why doesn't anyone like me???? why do they all think i'm an asshole????..except for bucky. i like him and i think he likes me. we have started sending each other private messages....hee hee. it's really fun talking to bucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:53 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dear diary,

the guys in the forum are STILL picking on me, but i have a little secret that they are not aware of. i have someone else use my name and write stuff for me (it's a family member) and he helps me out when people pick on me alot. he's sorta like a big brother to me...hee hee...they don't know it.

ooooooh...bucky is here today!! i'm so excited my friend is here!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just a reminder...if bucky and TT want to talk in real time, Jesse has provided a nice chatroom, which no one seems to frequent very much.

They'd have a lot of privacy in there, for awhile.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:18 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

the problem is, catherine, is that Tooshie Too isn't always him "talking" in the forums. i have noticed a big difference in his manner of speaking in quite a few posts. obviously he has someone else come in and do his talking for him many times. ( we know who that is)

the little kid is a phoney 100% and all anyone has to do is compare his posts (even those at other forums)

bucky on the other hand always stays the same....moronic.

don't believe me? compare his posts at POAC or here and you will see a big difference between his and someone elses who uses his name.

special thanks to the person who brought that to my attention via a PM!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:56 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Any particular reason that you like to engage in juvenile name-calling, mga and DO.g's?

I mean, if your arguments are so strong, why not PRESENT them, as opposed to playing with insults and innuendo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sotek wrote:
Any particular reason that you like to engage in juvenile name-calling, mga and DO.g's?

I mean, if your arguments are so strong, why not PRESENT them, as opposed to playing with insults and innuendo?

follow the posts, sotek, there are no "sides" with an imbecile who can't post for himself.

have we not previously discussed our points like adults?

Post subject: A ROUND please for the 3 stooges.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Looky looky, the lurking member of the WLA- the Whiners League of Amerika-. There are officially 3 members of this fast sinking crew- BuckTshitSot. This is their theme song. Everyone together in a round about way-

Row row row your boat
Gently DOWN the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
LIFE IS BUT A DREAM.

Dreamers floating in a boat full of holes.

Post subject: The nitty gritty
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:28 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine- I like your idea about the chat room. Today is a bad day as I have to do yard work so I'm unavailable. Since I live on the left coast there is a time difference to consider. Perhaps "the three" and anyone else who wishes to participate can agree on a date and time where we can all settle our differences, and get on with the issue of truth telling.

As a moderator, I suggest Seamus as he seems the most objectified of us all. Sorry if we insulted your intelligence Seamus, we hate to see you leave this board.

Together we can start a new organ. called POOPER- People Opposed to Oral Pollution from Elected Representatives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think the chatroom would be a good place to start, D.og's...and I think Seamus would be a great moderator. However, he's not been around in awhile...he may be on vacation...who knows?

However, please try to remember that religious beliefs are just that...beliefs. I'm not ever going to change my mind about whether or not Jesus and Christianity are what they're supposed to be ( I am an athiest and I'm not ashamed of that fact). mga is an atheist. Jesse is an atheist. Others on the board may be, too.

Likewise, the folks who believe Jesus not only existed but that he was the son of their god won't change their minds, either. It's a Mexican standoff, so why not just let it go...it's not going to matter one way or the other in the long run, UNLESS one has voted for OR is supporting Bush and his policies because of his stand on religion. Perhaps that should be the real topic of discussion in the chatroom if time zones can be worked out.

TOPIC: Do you support the president AND his policies BECAUSE of his religion? If he wasn't promoting a certain religious dogma, would you still support him and his policies?

On the other hand, we could ask the same question of those who don't support him and his policies... if it has anything to do with Bush's religion stances.

As an aside...I suggested to Jesse that he create the Religion forum. I can also suggest that he delete it...it would be up to him to make the final decision, but I'm not adverse to seeing it go...

Catherine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

catherine,

religion will be debated until the end of time. for us to continue posting on whether the bible is true or whether we athiests are right will go on for another 100 threads. we've all been there many many times. besides that, we become a challenge to the christians. we not only test their skills and faith, but we become "game" for them to see if they can some how convert us by trying to prove us wrong. one only has to read the posts to see where the conversations are going.

as for me, i'm done with the religion area. my mind is set and debating any further is pointless, as far as i'm concerned. so, if it's removed, no big deal for me.

just my .02 worth. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You said it, mga...I hate to see people who are against Bush become arch enemies because of religion. That's something the Bushies would do.."You're either with us or against us!" PUH-LEEZE!

Let's put our energies into exchanging ideas about much more important things.

What do you say D.og's? Sotek?

:?: :?:
Catherine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:46 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Catherine wrote:
You said it, mga...I hate to see people who are against Bush become arch enemies because of religion. That's something the Bushies would do.."You're either with us or against us!" PUH-LEEZE!

Let's put our energies into exchanging ideas about much more important things.

What do you say D.og's? Sotek?

:?: :?:
Catherine

What I say is the main reaspon I was defending Christianity here at all is because people need to realize that Chrisitanity is not even remotely what Bush claims it is, because if they don't realize that, they're going to help Bush by alienating Christians who actually listen to Jesus's teachings.

Post subject: Sure I'll stop- IF....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It seems that Sotek can't help but get the last word in. I keep saying that I've seen examples of christian LOVE all through history as these LOVERS come onto the colonised and destroy them with their LOVE. It's something these christians hide behind pretending they're not part of that phase of history, yet their crusade goes on. What is it? The loving Jebus or is the the conquering one with the two edged sword. Thats hypocritical. You can't have it both ways. If you Sotek want to debate this anytime then lets go at her. I think Seamus is religious, but has an open mind and he can keep it civil. Otherwise just shut up about LOVE and we'll talk about the real issues in this world that discussions about conventional religion and false beliefs about culpability keep us from discovering.

Either Bush claims it is one way or another is irrelevant- it's what it represents and does, that matters. Bully for you if you can excuse it. It is self hypocritical in what it asks as in the eye of the needle example. Sotek, would you give away your wealth and security for what Jebus says is your only real way to heaven. I think not. But You claim to believe what he says, all of it.

I have plenty of spiritual ideals that go far beyond the limitations of our belief structures. There are plenty of more immediate issues to pursue without reverting to the "do unto others before they do it to you, give as you get" philosophies, that some here espouse. They certainly don't like it when conviction that matches their devotion is turned back on them.

I have given my stance on my beliefs and if you go over my posts and do a little research, instead of hoping that someone will inform you without doing the work required to learn, then don't climb my mountain and expect easy answers to lifes mysteries. Knowledge requires work, or it doesn't work, make sense or extapolate itself. There are no set rules for discussion as most debates are of the tautological nature that law has made a requirement of. It's left up to people to challenge convention as it goes no where when two sides challenge. We have a chance now to go beyond the rhetoric. This is for Toshiro to do as well. He expects the secrets of life to just be revealed and then go out and rhyme the words. Experience and knowledge work together to make sense. He brought his anger here from his fights with mga on other boards, and started this fighting. Go back to Page 2 of this post and see how he called mga a self centered prick or something like that. You even tried to respond to him, but he was so set on a fight. He is a strawman mudslinger. The name calling as far as I'm concerned started with him, and when I gave it back, the war was on. He came here looking for a fight.

They say that if jesus showed up for dinner at the present time, we'd sit around and listen to him politely and when he finished, we'd laugh and criticise everything he said. Such are the times.

You want to call it off, fine- there are plenty of more serious issues to pursue and christianity should just be completely forgotten, except that most people can't let go of their crutch.

If you wish to stop then I always stand on my own two feet or I can give as I get.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next