It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: god...another "preacher"....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

one of our son's friends stopped by the other day to say hi. we haven't seen "paulie" in a few years. he told us he's driving trucks across country now and blah blah blah. then, he springs it on us: he said " i want to share this with you guys, i'm a new christian and i'm spreading the word of god. i have some cd's in my car i want to share with you guys (me and the wife) and we can sit and watch them together in case you have any questions". i was floored....lol....my wife said "uh oh....wrong subject to bring up and walked away".

i looked at paulie and said, paul, you are always welcome here, but let's get one thing straight. i am an atheist, and you or any other so called preacher will NOT discuss god or religion in my house, and, if you feel you can't abide by my rules, then you are no longer welcome here.

he stood there for a sec, then he tried to tell me about jesus christ!!!!! i thought wow, this kid is dense and he tried to tell me how he was just like me. i walked over to the door, opened it and said "see ya later, paul" and i gave him a look to leave now.

he walked out the door...and i shut it behind him. too bad, he used to be a great kid and lots of fun to be around....another soul lost to the kool-aid kings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:21 pm 
Wow I'm so impressed, big man atheist kicked a Christian out of his house, reminds me of all the Christian houses I've been kicked out of. mga, at what point are you better than those kool-aid kings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:16 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dear diary,

today i tried to sound real smart in front of the big people. i posted a reply to one of the members there and i thought it was real good. maybe someday they'll let me hang around with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:38 am 
Dear Diary,

Today that middle aged man with the mentality of a 14-year old girl thought he was being witty. With every passing day it becomes clear our middle aged friend fears being alone in thought, maybe one day his balls will drop.