It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I firmly believe in the bible, and Christ, and what he stood for, however, I cannot blame anyone for finding fault with "christian teachings"

most christains always profess this, as if to establish or reaffirm it within themselves, but, hey....no problem.

however, you threw me a little with this paragraph:

In fact Satan told Eve she positivly would not die if she ate of the fruit,...however, religion maitains we have an immortal soul, in which case we do not die, so Satan wasn't lieing....wel I guess it is left up to interpertation....which is curious because if specify thaT YOU ARE GOING BURN IN HELL WHY NOT SAY YOU ARE GONNA BURN IN HELL....ITS KIND OF stupid threat to say you are gopnna die but well, whats really gonna happen is your are gonna burn forever. Why not just say that? Geneis doesn't say, "If you eat of this fruit you are gonna burn in hell"....no
IT SAYS YOU ARE GONNA DIE! And in FACT if you have an immortal soul, then you never died any way!

So God lied and Satan didn't! IF WE HAVE AN IMMORTAL soul!

since you obviously have some doubts, and openly called god a liar and claimed that satan told the truth, then i see a conflict within yourself. you can't be a "firm believer in the bible", then make a somewhat blasphemous statement later.

it's ok to doubt the bible, or even god himself....after all..he isn't perfect either. just look at the number of mistakes he's made........

so, i'll take that "i'm a firm believer" as a not-so-true statement, but one just to openly state "i believe in what the bible tries to teach me...even tho i doubt some of it".

i also used to be conflicted, and the usual "god works in mysterious ways" answer didn't suffice. i learned that believing in god today is no different than the god(s) ancient greeks believed in many years ago, or the god(s) inca indians believed in, or.....you get the picture.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12