It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:13 am 
Hear Me Roar!

In all of that, you said nothing. Simply restated your premise, which has already been stated, and restated.

I wonder which of us is the intolerent one? You seem, like Bucky, to have some blind spot as to what *freedom of religion* means.

It is not your job, or your right, to decided whether my religious beliefs are good bad or indiffertent. That is freedom of religion. It is not your right to belittle me because of my religious beliefs. It is certainly not your job to lie about my religious beliefs. You see, you were wrong almost 100% you failed to get a single accurate hit, even by accident, about me.

My uinderstanding of science is anything but shallow. It is deep enough to understand such problomatic issues as Gödel's elegant theory, or to undrerstand the paradox presented by Bell. It is deep enough to see the implications of David Bohm's resolutions to the myriad problems encountered in quantum mechanics. It seems you are the one with shallow scientific knowledge. locked in materialistic Newtoinanism that is no longer relevant or accpeted by any more of working professionals than Bucky's charade of a religion is representative of the vast majority of those on spiritual paths.

Your hate, your intolerence, your small minded approach to the vast wonders of the Universe, your utter ignorance of what science is saying are all throwbacks to the Middle Ages, and hardly appropriate inthe 21st century.

You started this thread, not me, I responded. I responded from a deep belief in my religion, as well as an emmense respect for the advances of scientific knowledge. You started this thread to bait people so you could laugh at them from your narrow hate filled world, not realizing that the reason they aren't laughing back is because you inspire in them nothing more than pity. You have nothing to say, and have proved it by not responding to the very thread you started.

Well, laugh away. I hoped for something interesting here, all I found was the same old hate, the same old lies, the same old *freedom is being free MY way* approach to life that Bucky and the Bushites are so very fond of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

And Alky's illusions continue. Once again you have nothing relevant to say. Well done. Go back to your phony religions.

Freedom? Like the press? Bought and sold. Religion? No different. Highly oppressive and always will be. When will religion ever stay out of politics and remain in its realm of illusion, fear and deception. A lie, like individual freedoms. Another illusion being fed to you. You must be young and immature at best. You have no excuse for your actions and ignorance, other than your immaturity. I thought selfishly like you once upon a time, so there's hope for you. But such is the nature of being programmed. Talk about bringing us back to the middle ages, here you swear that most scientific theories are proven false, that you understand science your way, and that you think god should be a focal point for our lives. You espouse everything that is dark age thinking and yet when I swear that there is nothing wrong with combining science and religion to come to terms with each others stances, you see me as being short sighted. Newtons theory of gravity is not true? Things fall up in your mind. Newton also had to pretend to be religious as he was aware of the contradictions to science that the trinity theories represent. Cause and effect? Bohm and Bell, nice ideas but not much to add to philosophical realities.

Get back on topic loose cannon, you have lost your patience and shown that you are ruled by anger and have too many grudges to bear. Careful your anger and frustrations don't crucify you Mr. Genius, oh all knowing one. Remember, I said we are all gods children, but we shouldn't try to believe that we are on that level. Shame on you. Come back down to earth flyboy.

Gee you are sure sensitive, busy looking for insults when none are intended. What's paranoid about a little challenge to your views. One thing is certain, that you leave everything open to interpretation and then double back to cover yourself quickly. Typical right wing tricks. At least I'm open and straight on. I am tired of your games and your "I have to win attitude," of the MSM privileged elitist wanna-be's. Pretending it isn't a game when you hate to lose. Really. Ever since I pointed out your absorbed attitude with capitalism, which is a win at all cost game people play, you try and cover up your methods. Nice try. I am busy trying to make people see that it is their inner psyche that makes them do what they do, while you accuse others of being what you could never be, honest and caring.

I remember your accusations of Catherine, oh man who can't see both sides of an issue. Tunnel vision. You're so with the moment. Like ADHD. You channel all your anger and fear into a small area of your thought and use that as a basis for discussion. It makes you jumpy and innattentive as you try to bring outside ideas with little relevance into the discussion. This is typical ADHD thinking. Got Ritalin? It might help your conditions. You speak of opening the mind, but yours is confined to patterns of privilege and assumed elitism. Good luck maturing when even those you claim to teach are like children who need their vacuum fulfilled with more empty rhetoric.

Like I said , too bad you can't see that you have the potential to build a better world without your false gods, lying liars and their lying profits. Makes you another lost and lying member of the bushites and buckyites clan.

Nice quote at the end of my post Eh? Seems other people think like me. The oppressed who have named their oppressor. This one spoke while Bush and Laura sat uncomfortably behind- at Coretta Scott Kings funeral, by her daughter, Bernice King.

Too bad you don't want to grow up. Go on believing your fairy tales and nursery stories, sonny boy. The illusion is too great to give up. What, too much at risk if you tried? Scared? Chicken?

Can't stand up on your own, so you need a crutch. Start by learning to control your temper. Relax son, relax. Then concentrate on the question I posited at the start of the thread, which you got all twisted over and ask yourself why it bothered you so much. This is all just a learning experience. I'm here to help you. The Dogtor is in.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What's so great about jebus? I finally found something. If you believe the myths and stories as presented, it will come as no surprise to you that no men were involved in his birth. If you deny that Mary was probably impregnated as a teenager and ran for her life from the oppression of women at the turn of the century, and believe that a randy god was responsible for her condition, then you would be able to figure out that a man had no part in the miracle of his birth(outside of rape). Isn't that appropriate- a way of avoiding the facts that men dominate the religious view and hierarchy, who instruct women on what they can and can't do, call them irresponsible and unable to control their feelings and sensuality to the point that women don't matter, and that it is natural that they deserve violence to keep them oppressed and controlled. And all this time the men have had nothing to do with the birth of their gods, other than to enforce the laws that these men make up to control and manipulate their way into power.

Wow, ain't that great! What's so great about jebus is that we could be suckered into believing anything said about this obvious bullshit story so men could be dominant in their control over the way we support the implementation of male ideals in this world.

Someone save us from this ludicrous state of being. Women of the world have to rise up and deny the source of wars and their oppression. gOD's and men.

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:09 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Our relationship with God is similar to our relationship with others in that all relationships require faith, and I can never and will never fully know any other person. This is because we are incapable of fully knowing others in that we cannot experience all they experience nor enter into their minds to know where their thoughts and emotions dwell. Proverbs 14:10 says "The heart knows its own bitterness, and a stranger does not share its joy." We are even incapable of knowing our own heart fully. Jeremiah 17:9 says that the human heart is wicked and deceptive and this verse asks concerning the human heart, "Who can know it?" In other words, the human heart is such that it seeks to hide the depth of its wickedness and gloss over it, deceiving even its owner. We do this through blame shifting, justifying wrong behavior, minimizing our sins, etc.

Because we are incapable of fully knowing fellow humans, to some degree faith (trust) is an integral ingredient in all relationships. For example, my wife gets into a car with me driving, trusting me to drive safely, even though I drive faster than her on winter roads; my children and she trust me to act in their best interest when handling finances or when I am away from them and can choose to act in faithfulness to them or not. We all share information about ourselves with others, trusting they won't betray us with that knowledge. We drive down the road, trusting those driving around us to follow the rule of the road. So, whether with strangers or with intimate friends and companions, because we cannot fully know others, trust is always a necessary component of our relationships.

And, if we cannot know our fellow finite human beings fully, how can one expect to fully know an infinite God? Even if He should desire to fully reveal himself, it is impossible for us to fully know Him, it is like trying to pour the ocean (seemingly infinite in quantity) into a quart-measuring jar (finite)... impossible! But nonetheless, even as we can have meaningful relationships with those around us that we have grown to trust because of our knowledge of them and of their character, so God has sufficiently revealed Himself through His creation (Romans 1:18-21), His written word, the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:16-21), and through His Son (John 14:9) that we can enter into a meaningful relationship with Him. But this is only possible when the barrier of one's sin has been removed by coming to trust in Christ's person and work on the cross as payment for one's sin. This is necessary because as it is impossible for both light and darkness to dwell together, so it is impossible morally for a holy God to fellowship with sinful mankind unless their sin has been paid for and removed. Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God died on the cross to take our punishment and change us so that the one who believes on Him can become a child of God and live eternally in His presence (John 1:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 2 Peter 3:18; Romans 3:10-26).

There have been times in the past that God has revealed Himself more "visibly" to people. One example of this is at the time of the Exodus, when God revealed his care for the Israelites by sending the miraculous plagues upon the Egyptians until they were willing to release the Israelites from their slavery. God then opened up the Red Sea, enabling the approximately two million Israelites to cross over on dry ground. Then, as the Egyptian army sought to pursue them through the same opening, He defeated this enemy by bringing the waters upon them. Later, in the wilderness, God fed them miraculously with manna, guided them in the day by a pillar of cloud and by night by a pillar of fire, visible representations of His presence with them. He also obtained water for this great number of people in the wilderness through miraculous means, including causing water to flow from a rock as Moses struck it with his rod.

Yet, in spite of these repeated demonstrations of His love, guidance, and power, they still refused to trust Him when He wanted them to enter into the Promised Land. They chose instead to trust the word of ten men who frightened them with their stories of the walled cities and the giant stature of some of the people of the land and to ignore the counsel of two godly men who encouraged them to trust God based on how He had led them faithfully to that land. These events found in the Book of Exodus and Numbers show that God's further revealing Himself to us would have no greater effect on our ability to trust Him. For were God to interact in a similar fashion with all of the people living today, we would respond no differently than did those Israelites...our sinful hearts are the same as theirs. But even as a few of the Israelites chose to trust God based on what He had revealed of Himself in the past and were willing to trust Him for the future (going into the Promised Land) (Numbers 13:1-14:9), so we can choose to trust Him for our future based upon what He has already revealed about Himself and His character.

The Bible also speaks of a future time when the glorified Christ will return to rule the earth from Jerusalem for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-10). More people will be born on the earth during that reign of Christ. He will rule with complete justice and righteousness, and yet in spite of His perfect rule, the Bible shares that at the end of that 1,000 years, Satan will have no trouble raising up an army of men to rebel against and to seek to overthrow Christ's rule. What this future event of the Millennium and the past event of the Exodus reveal is that the problem is not with God insufficiently revealing Himself to man but rather the problem is with man's sinful heart rebelling against God's loving reign because it craves its own sinful self-rule.

God has revealed enough of His nature to us for us to be able to trust Him. He has declared and shown through the events of history, in the workings of nature, and through the life of His only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, that He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-wise, all-loving, all-holy, unchanging and eternal. And in that revelation, He has shown that He is worthy to be trusted. But as with the Israelites in the wilderness, the choice is ours as to whether we will trust Him or not. Often one is inclined to make this choice based on what he/she thinks he knows about God rather than what He has revealed about Himself and can be understood about Him through a careful study of His inerrant word, the Bible. I encourage you to begin this careful study of the Bible, that you may come to know God through a reliance upon His Son, Jesus Christ, who came to earth to save us from our sin so that we might have sweet companionship with God both now and in a fuller way in heaven one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Wow, ain't that great! What's so great about jebus is that we could be suckered into believing anything said about this obvious bullshit story so men could be dominant in their control over the way we support the implementation of male ideals in this world.

Someone save us from this ludicrous state of being. Women of the world have to rise up and deny the source of wars and their oppression. gOD's and men.

the choice chooses them