It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: from the prophet:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

what changed?

In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.

An English translation of that document is presented below.

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.
The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.
No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

This charter of privileges has been honored and faithfully applied by Muslims throughout the centuries in all lands they ruled

http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/charter1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I will tell you exactly what happened. As with all of the organized religions, man hijacked the words of the prophets and manipulated, twisted, distorted, and soiled the message that these men were preaching.

I realize that you are an atheist though I will admit that I am as confused by your disbelief in a higher power as much as I am confused by the twisted teachings of organized religions. I do however respect your decision more so than I respect the religious zealots because you are closer to the truth than they are.

Who are we, as humans, to determine exactly what intelligence is? Who are we to say that the universe itself is not an intelligent entity. Can we be so arrogant as to believe that we are the pinnacle of intelligence?

I'm sorry, I do not buy it, just as I do not buy the big bang theory, (smells to much like creationism)

There is only one hell, and that is the hell that we create for ourselves, just as the heavens that the organized religions preach about are false. When we die, we do not keep our identity, there are no virgins in waiting, though I do believe that we find peace. We find peace by once again joining the WHOLE.

I hate organized religion. I hate it to the core of my being. As long as mankind insists on pitting one belief of god against the other, we will continue to create a hell of our own making. The answer is right in front of our face, yet instead we are asked to overlook that and have faith in the various churches because they know the ultimate truth when in reality, they know nothing.

As I said,I respect your decision of atheism. I respect it because you realize that in the end, we break down to our basic atoms and return to the nature from where we came. This is the ultimate truth. Where we may differ a bit is whether nature (the universe) is an intelligent entity. On a personal level, I believe that it is, though it is intelligent in a way that we cannot comprehend.

I realize that I may have veered way off on a tangent. I apologize. Blame it on my 101+ fever I seem to be running. (Damn, must be the bird flu).
I must be hallucinating, because I see "God" everywhere.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
I will tell you exactly what happened. As with all of the organized religions, man hijacked the words of the prophets and manipulated, twisted, distorted, and soiled the message that these men were preaching.

actually you answered perfectly clear.

however, one can also blame christinaity for being in violation of the same charges, but if one prefesses to be a true muslim, or true christian, why would they allow themselves to get sucked up into a political war betweein these groups? for those who participate are, in reality, no more religious than i am.

as an atheist, i have no desire to war with another over their religion and i expect likewise. but there are those zealots who fear my disbelief, and therefore i am an enemy of the church.

anyway, feel comfortable blaming both religions and those who are part of them for engaging in the same crude practice of their religion. to me, these types of christians and muslims both are equally as insane.

but, if one truly believes in their religion and actually knew what their religion was all about, why allow yourself to get caught up in the bullshit?

Post subject: Re: from the prophet:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:35 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

mga wrote:
what changed?

In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.

An English translation of that document is presented below.

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.
The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.
No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

This charter of privileges has been honored and faithfully applied by Muslims throughout the centuries in all lands they ruled

http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/charter1.html

this is very intersting .