It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ok, christians...i have a question....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

since it's a mortal sin to kill another human being, according to the alleged "word of god", or the bible, or whatever else there is, and since many of you use that excuse to fight abortions, then why do so many of you support the war?

you support and are willing to go and kill a fellow human being because a man, a mortal and not even a 'man of god" (ie" priest, minister, etc) has told you this is what he wants.

so, why do you shrug your christianity for wars to kill innocent civilians, yet at home you are demanding that innocent unborns not be killed? is it because they're babies or a fetus? are you aware how many children, babies included, and pregnant women have been killed by american bombs in iraq alone?

i've come to several conclusions:

1. you don't really believe it's wrong to kill another human being

2. you are more willing to react to the word of a "man" than you are to the alleged word of god.

3. you obviously don't know what you want, or, if you think you do, you want it both ways.

4. your religious convictions aren't as strong as you might think they are, or, perhaps down deep inside, you know they're all bullshit.

5. you are all basically racists because you feel it's OK to kill arab or muslim people because they aren't christians and christianity has a deep seated hatred for islam.

sorry if i am coming across a bit rude.....but i had to ask about your so called moral convictions.

as an atheist, i feel i'm more human oriented than many christian people, and even i have high moral standards that do not allow me to follow one man's orders to kill another human being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:25 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I have a better one. How can you be against abortion but for the death penalty????????? Typical rightwing nut jobs who claim to be religious, holier than thou if you will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Very good questions mga. I ask these questions eveyday. I wish we could have Dobson, Robertson, and the rest ANSWER these questions. And people ask me why I am questioning my own faith.

Quote:
since it's a mortal sin to kill another human being, according to the alleged "word of god", or the bible, or whatever else there is, and since many of you use that excuse to fight abortions, then why do so many of you support the war?

I don't. Anyone who truly professes to be a Christian can't either.

Quote:
you support and are willing to go and kill a fellow human being because a man, a mortal and not even a 'man of god" (ie" priest, minister, etc) has told you this is what he wants.

I don't support this criminal. He isn't human enough to be called a man.

Quote:
so, why do you shrug your christianity for wars to kill innocent civilians, yet at home you are demanding that innocent unborns not be killed? is it because they're babies or a fetus? are you aware how many children, babies included, and pregnant women have been killed by american bombs in iraq alone

It makes me want to cry out for these innocents who are being killed. It is wrong and it is anti-Christian. I am not "for" abortion but I am for a woman's right to choose because that is between her and God or "her faith". I want no man (or woman) to tell me what I can and can not do withmy body.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

justinmoon22 wrote:
I have a better one. How can you be against abortion but for the death penalty????????? Typical rightwing nut jobs who claim to be religious, holier than thou if you will.

ha...i was saving that one for the first christian who replied...'cept sadie, of course....i know where she stands. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:00 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sorry...... I repeat this everyday. Ive been bitching for years with this one. Its nice to know someone else thinks about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ok, christians...i have a question....

*listening to the crickets*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

As a devout christian I can understand your complexity and confusion with this problem. For 6000 years now man has fought man for his resources and always used gODs to bless their side. But never did they ask dulord what he thought or whether he cared at all.

I'm sure you'll find all the answers you need about this conflicting issue, about whether gOD thinks about or even cares about human activities.

http://www.thercg.org/books/wkatm.html? ... SAodcWhZWw

We are a modest group of eccentrics who feel it is about time that we asked gOD what he thought about war, since men like it so much does he have a fixation as well on this event? I mean we were made in his image, sooooo, I guess he must imagine war a lot too. This article is only 8 pages long but, hey- it ain't a bible- so I expect you to finish it sometime later this week. Get back to me then OK? We'll do lunch.

The Restored Church of gOD is a proud member of the Tax Exempt Non Profit Religious/Industrial Complex (TM), an organization dedicated to the preservation of soul searching and overtly opposed to dissent in any form. We will be passing a plate around later so dig deep. Somebodies got to pay for this information and we want you.

From all of us at TENPRIC, Thank you and Praise dulord. Don't forget to donate.
<<<<<chirp chirp>>>>

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
We're cracking down on copyright infringements, bucky...guess shane7 forgot to tell you.

When a post is an obvious cut and paste, if it's not linked with appropriate credit given to the source, the post will be deleted.

So, please link your source for your response.

Catherine

bucky never responded with his link. His stolen post has been deleted.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Last edited by Catherine on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:01 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

lol....ok, so one of the commandments (thou shalt not kill) is totally wrong, and therefore should be stricken from the original 10...correct?

what i think christians need to do is add an amendment to the 10 commandments....sub-paragraphs below each one and list the exemptions to each rule. i mean, afterall, killing for one man is excusable in the eyes of god...correct?

so, basically, you should believe in god's rules, except when it comes to your government....then your government has the final say over god....am i getting this right? evidently, god takes a back seat when my president decides to send people off to war.

my conclusion: god isn't the "all powerful" asshole many claim he is....it's quite obvious that certain men have more power and authority than god does. pffft....some god he turned out to be...a fuckin wimp.

this makes me even more comfortable in the fact that i know in my heart he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:06 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

OK, using your explaination, where does it say "Once you have captured those of wrong doing and stopped them of their evil ways - continue the war and kill innocent men, women, children, and babies. Destroy their homes, schools, and hospitals. Totally destroy everything." Where does it say that? Is that what God wants us to do because that is what Bush is doing in OUR name.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
my conclusion: god isn't the "all powerful" asshole many claim he is....it's quite obvious that certain men have more power and authority than god does. pffft....some god he turned out to be...a fuckin wimp.

this makes me even more comfortable in the fact that i know in my heart he doesn't exist.

LINK

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mga and sadie...I have edited your posts in this thread by deleting the quotes copied into your responses to buckshot.

buckshot had not complied with my request to give a proper link to his source.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:44 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
mga and sadie...I have edited your posts in this thread by deleting the quotes copied into your responses to buckshot.

buckshot had not complied with my request to give a proper link to his source.

Catherine

no problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Damn it I had to work the holiday and didnt get to read the morons deleted posts. I wanna see I wanna see!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YOU know where you can read them, don't you?

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman