It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: crossing the line: american jihadists
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:57 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

there comes many times when we cross the line, and this is one that tops them all. this "camp" is training youths to be jihadists just like the islamic people many christians condemn.

i would think, or have hoped, that people with half a brain would step in and put a stop to this, but apparently that is not going to happen.

i've often said that we in america are fortunate to have civil laws that govern our society, whereas ME nations have religious laws. that is the difference between us. it looks like we're on the path to eliminate civil laws and swing to the religious ones. we are becoming our enemy.

this is truly scary, but yet, indicative of where america is heading.

Film Shows Youths Training to Fight for Jesus

New Documentary Features Controversial Bible Camp, Evangelical Movement

By DAN HARRIS

Sept. 17, 2006 — An in-your-face documentary out this weekend is raising eyebrows, raising hackles and raising questions about evangelizing to young people.

Speaking in tongues, weeping for salvation, praying for an end to abortion and worshipping a picture of President Bush — these are some of the activities at Pastor Becky Fischer's Bible camp in North Dakota, "Kids on Fire," subject of the provocative new documentary, "Jesus Camp."

"I want to see them as radically laying down their lives for the gospel as they are in Palestine, Pakistan and all those different places," Fisher said. "Because, excuse me, we have the truth."

"A lot of people die for God," one camper said, "and they're not afraid."

"We're kinda being trained to be warriors," said another, "only in a funner way."

story and much more:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2455343&page=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think that worshiping the picture of George Bush is about the sickest thing among this whole sick scenario. :roll:

Well, if these Jesus freaks ever come gunning for me, I'll do all I can to help them find out that they've given their lives for nothing...absolutely nothing. :evil:

Catherinie

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:11 pm 

Interesting article, but I have a really hard, in fact next to impossible, time actually believing that they are worshing a picture of Bush. That being said it makes me wonder if the whole story has been slanted. You can't believe everything you read. I'm sure there are true sections to the article, but possibly embelished?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

ahem....i don't post "slanted" articles.

only the factual truth.

now for my usual editorial: groups like this are the "ground breakers' for other religous groups to follow. if this group fares well, without much public outcry, then we can expect to see others just like it. groups like this are working overtime to brainwash the young into thinking this is the correct way to live. in a few years, people like this will be the majority.

the time will come in america when our civil laws will be cast aside and religious laws take their place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:33 pm 

Quote:
ahem....i don't post "slanted" articles.

Tough to find ANY article that isn't slanted.

I think the "ground breaking" was done a long time ago and not necessarily by the Christians. History goes a long way back. ND isn't too far from here. Maybe I should do some personal checking into this and find out ifor myself what is going on. It may just be a group "on fire" for God. Did the article not say they would die for God? I don't remember it saying they would kill for God, just be willing to die for him. The bible teaches not to kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:33 pm 

http://kidsinministry.com/

That's the Kids on Fire website. Go and read for yourself what goes on there. (Um, surely they wouldn't be biased about their own stuff, right? sorry, sorry, I'm kinda sarcastic sometimes...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Interestingly, the jesus freaks have been given a foot in the door of the White House to practice a non-violent form of takeover.

Patrick Henry College is a small evangelical college. Yet, at one point, it provided 7% of the interns for the White House.

Another reason why Bush is dangerous. He fives the jesus freaks access to the WH and influence politics to the detriment of the rest of the US. And they don't even have to bomb family planning clinics to do it.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It's actually called child abuse.

Reading this and the testimonies is an example of cultism and mental disorders being transmitted, contact highs are transmitted especially through people who probably suffer from epileptic seizures. When they see visions, they are probably having mild temporal lobe seizures, which can induce hallucinations, especially spiritual ones. One should read about "John Slocum and the Shaker church" if they want to see this phenomenon played out in real life. Here on the west coast in the early part of the 20th century some Puget sound natives had visions and founded the Shaker Church. It was in reaction to their oppression and loss of traditions. They adopted the jesus story so they could practice their traditional forms of belief under the guise of christianity. The American government had banned all meetings for traditional religious meetings when the ghost dance was banned in the late 1900's, so they came up with this compromise. They go into the same types of possession, shaking and chanting etc., as this article describes.
It has grown into a form of perhaps occultism, since then, but they do attract some wild people- mental illness and child molesters, outcasts downtrodden, rejects and loners- there is an electrical charge to this belief and they hold hands to transmit their feelings to each other. Some of the stories I have heard, like people bursting into flames, seeing visions of a snakes attacking your heart- there is a lot of mystery around their meetings. Another thing about these churches and meetings- there isn't one that has electricity! They use candles only for lighting and they have meetings that go on late into the nite. Perhaps the frequency that electrons travel at or the electrical field in wire interferes with their rituals.

It is believed that the visionaries and those that see auras are suffering from epileptic type problems and the visionaries are a way of reaching across to their ancestral ways and is a way for native peoples to try to recapture their lost mystic roots of belief. Perhaps this is what the people who run these camps have modelled their camps after, to get the reactions they want with poor innocent children as the receptors of this adult form of control and abuse on their children. Ain't programming the easiest thing to do when you're dealing with an empty slate like a childs mind, ready to receive the wonders of faith. All you have to do is yell FIRE or something like that when they're vulnerable and they've got it. The god meme. Triggers work!!

Thanks for bringing this up again. Wonder how mga is doing? Check out this post and go to the testimonials to find examples of how manipulating children and designing their intelligence is the new wave thing to do in America. Hope this never catches on!

http://kidsinministry.com/Current.PastE ... Glory.html

Disgusting that parents would allow this, worse that churches endorse it, worst is the government has an obvious agenda to create their own type of country with a fixated and controlled belief system. Soon it won't just be a war on drugs coming into your country- it will be a war on information coming into your country!! Keep the infidels and their ideas out of our garden !!! Can we say Christibans?(as in Taliban?)

Intelligent design or designing intelligence?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.