It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falwell and company love the devil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

it appears that jerry falwell and his group of morons love the devil more than hillary clinton and would vote for lucifer if he ran for president:

RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- The Rev. Jerry Falwell acknowledged on Sunday saying that if Hillary Rodham Clinton were the Democrats' presidential nominee in 2008, it would motivate conservative evangelical Christians to oppose her more than if the devil himself were running.

Falwell said in a telephone interview that his comments to several hundred pastors and religious activists at the "Value Voter Summit" conference were "totally tongue-in-cheek."

"I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell said at a breakfast session Friday in Washington. "I hope she's the candidate, because nothing will energize my (constituency) like Hillary Clinton," he said. "If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/24/ ... index.html

* please note the use of the word "constituancy" by falwell....as if he's some elected congressman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

And here I thought they already voted the devil into office twice.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:22 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Most likely the whole thing is just a response to Chavez's comments about the devil Bush. And, Falwell is also saying that it was tongue in cheek. If this is the case then why is everybody upset about Chavez's comments.? Do you think perhaps it is because they believe Bush really could be the devil and that is why they are so upset. Lest we forget, these Christians actually believe this devil stuff. It is part of the fantasy. Is that why they are so upset? And, they feel they have to come back and fight back, as it were? To attack the oppostion verbally. Just good old fashion Christian fun and politics?

Re: your reference to constituency. Yes, that is the way these Christian pontificaters think. This is their flock; the ones they mold and instil attitudes into. They own them and their minds. And, it is currently their job to deliver these minds to the Republican Party. My own thoughts, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:23 am 

if hillary was a gop/neocon they would support her without any problem.

if satan was found to be a gop lap dog it would be the same.

there is some credence to the idea that theory has some validity by those who believe along the lines of eschtological scenarios that are developing as we speak. that kinda spins off into a whole other subject though.

i am well aware of what falwell has professed to be over a period of many years. most of my family (father, brothers, sister etc) still consider guys like him to be great spiritual leaders. unfornately for supporters like my family and others are not very well informed as to much of the evidence of what religious leaders like falwell are doing that run completely counter to what the complete context of gods word says.

i've pointed these types of things out to my father , who is a baptist minister, and have given him some things i've printed from the web to back up my reasons on why christians should be raising questions about the leaders of thier faith.

that's the biggest problem for most christians today...........ignorance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

ha....sounds like my family. my mom and brother are staunch bush supporters and listen to rush limbaugh every day and watch FOX news religiously.

needless to say, we've had some heated discussions and now i refuse to talk politics or religion with any of them. i mean, how the hell do you discuss anything with people like that?? it's like trying to convince them the earth is actually round and not flat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:27 am 

I just wanted to point out how ole Jerry held a "Value Voter Summit". I feel pretty safe in my assumption that this didn't jeapordize his non-profit status, while at the very same time that some anti-war churches are being questioned.

Post subject: Not a vote
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:20 pm 

CrimsonEagle wrote:
And here I thought they already voted the devil into office twice.

CE-
Those weren’t “votes” into office those were placements. A Hell of a lot easier than true voting.
APL

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

LOL, good point PL.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.