It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Brief History of Christian Beliefs About Sex
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
This address is about sex, politics and religion. Please note the plural “beliefs” is used in the title and might cause some Christians to protest. They might argue that Christian sexual standards never change because they were revealed by God long ago, and “God is the same, yesterday, to-day and forever”. People however, grow and change, and so do their beliefs, both within each lifetime and in each new generation. Different attitudes towards sex are evident even in the New Testament and differences continued in sub-apostolic times,- and indeed, ever since. So the debate about Christian sexual standards to-day is nothing new !

Link: http://www.niagara.anglican.ca/issues/bothwellsex.htm

This is a lecture given by Anglican Bishop John Bothwell. It's a long read but very informative, right up to some surprising information pertaining to same-sex marriage, which is near the end of the lecture.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bump..as this seems to speak to some of the discussions between D.Og's and Sotek.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:25 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Rather well-written, and I see nothing of note there to disagree with.

I could split a few nits here and there (I think he was interpreting Paul as slightly more homophobic than is correct, for instance), but overall, I more or less agree, as anyone who knows me should have been able to predict.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:43 pm 
I hear ya Sotek, too bad these fools are too busy masturbating over their atheistic intellectualism that they're too busy to hear anything that's somewhat positive about religion. I wonder how many of these morons playing intellectual have actually read in to theology. I wonder how many of them have read the Koran, the different variations of the Bible, the Torah, different teachings on Wicca, the Satanic Bible, teachings of Taoism, Buddhism, and Hinduism. How much you want to bet they're just like the fools they blast at every turn, you know, those morons who get their beliefs from televangelists and Dubya?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:22 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dear diary,

hee hee...today i called the big people "satans"!! i feel so proud of myself. i'm going to go back to the conservative forum and tell my friends what i said to the liberals. they'll tell me how smart i am! since i can't have a normal conversation with any of them unless i get my uncle to do my posting for me, i'll just call them names hee hee...i sure hope bucky shows up. i really miss him. but, i'm going to try to make friends with sotek. we think alike so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:44 am 
Dear Diary,

Our middle aged friend still has difficulties with reading comprehension and jumping to conclusions. It's truly sad and a great example of how severly fucked the school systems, both private and public, are and are in need of reform. When a middle aged American can't read plain english, that's a problem!