It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When Prostitution is Called a "Marriage of Convenience&
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When prostitution is called "a marriage of convenience"
by Mel Seesholtz | Oct 19 2006

David Kuo is a conservative Christian. Until 2003 he was deputy director of President Bush's Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. Even before his new book Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction was released (pertinent excerpts from the book are now available), fallout from the nuclear detonation – or "nu-cu-lar" as linguistically-challenged George W. would say – was being reported:

A former Bush aide claims that evangelical Christians were embraced for political gain at the White House but derided privately as "nuts," "ridiculous" and "goofy." ... Kuo's account of how the faith-based office has been regarded inside the White House recalls that of another high-level alumnus of the program. John J. DiIulio Jr., the faith-based office's first director, who quit in 2002, told Esquire magazine that "Mayberry Machiavellis" led by Rove based policy only on re-election concerns.

The evangelical Christian Right thought they'd finally found their messiah in George W. Bush who would lead them to the promised land of their New World Order. What they got was a screw-up who most of the world considers the greatest threat to global peace and whose domestic policies have been fiascos, failures, or both.

LINK TO SOURCE AND REST OF ARTICLE

It's sad, but religious people are often very easily duped.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It's sad, but religious people are often very easily duped.

lol...like the earth being only 6,000 years old? or that every tale in the bible was actually true? or that the government is an honest institution that sincerely looks out for the well-being of it's people?

it's not the religious leaders being duped...theyknow full well what they are getting into and why. (big $$$$$$$$$) it's the dumb people of their congregations who actually believe that voting for those who are "religious" is the right thing to do.

and, my atheist side says that anyone who believes in santa clause, can be easliy led around by the nose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:10 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Your both right, that is why I no longer practice with a established religion. I worship in my own way and am raising my children the same way.

Most churches out there now preach about peace and caring and yet do nothing to help the hungrey, the sick and the homeless. I find some of the smaller churches to be the more caring.

When Bush started with the religion overtones, I told people he was playing them. Nobody believed it. My wifes brother thinks Bush is the greastest thing in the world. Know why? Because he is a christrian.

People believe what they want to believe and you cannot change them. History will prove us all right on what Bush really is.