It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fact or fantasy, it is still good
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:11 am 

Dear Children,

It has come to my  attention that many of you are upset that  folks are taking My name out of the season.  Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually  born during this time of the year and that it  was some of your predecessors who decided to  celebrate My birthday on what was actually a  time of pagan festival. Although I do  appreciate
being remembered  anytime.

How I personally feel about this  celebration can probably be most easily  understood by those of you who have been blessed  with children of your own.  I don't care  what you call the day. If you want to celebrate  My birth just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.  Now, having said that let Me go  on.

If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene  depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of  Santas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity  scene on your own front lawn. If all My  followers did that there wouldn't be any need  for such a scene on the town square because  there would be many of them all around  town.

Stop worrying about the fact  that people are calling the tree a holiday  tree, instead of a Christmas tree.  It was I who made  all trees. You can & may remember Me  anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine  if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a  teaching explaining who I am in relation to you  & what each of our tasks
were. If you have  forgot that one, look up John 15: 1 -  8.

If you want to give Me a present  in remembrance of My birth here is my wish  list. Choose something from it.

1.  Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way  My birthday is being celebrated, write letters  of love and hope to soldiers away from home.  They are terribly afraid and lonely this time  of year. I know, they tell Me all the  time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing  home. You don't have to know them personally.  They just need to know that someone cares about  them.

3. Instead of writing George  complaining about the wording on the cards his  staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell  him that you'll be praying for him and his  family this year. Then follow up. It will be  nice hearing from you again.

4.  Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't  afford and they don't need, spend time with  them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why  I came to live with you down here. Hold them in  your arms and remind them that I love  them.

5. Pick someone that has hurt  you in the past and forgive him or her.

6. Did you know that someone in  your town will attempt to take their own life  this season because they feel so alone and hopeless?  Since you don't know who that person is, try  giving everyone you meet a warm smile it could  make the difference. Also, you might  consider supporting the local Hot-Line: they  talk with people like that  every
day.

7.  Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town  calls the holiday, be patient with the people  who work there. Give them a warm smile and a  kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish  you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you  from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there  on Sunday. If the store didn't make so  much money on that day they'd close and let  their employees spend the day at home with  their families.

8. If you really want  to make a difference, support a  missionary, especially one who takes My love  & Good News to those who have never heard  My name. You may already know someone like  that.

9. Here's a good one. There are  individuals & whole families in your town  who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither  will they have any presents to give or receive.  If you don't know them (and I suspect you  don't) buy some food & a few gifts & give them  to the Marines, the Salvation Army or some  other charity that believes in Me & they  will make the delivery for you.

10.  Finally if you want to make a statement about your belief in  and loyalty to Me, then behave like a  Christian.   Let people know by your actions that you are one of  mine.

P.S.  Don't forget; I am  God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me  & do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the  rest. Check out the list above & get to  work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember, I LOVE YOU.

God

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:58 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

its signed god, but jesus was gods son, i dont get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

To good to allow negative comments. Thank you for posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree, it's an excellent post. It's far too excellent not to allow discussion to take place if anyone is interested.

nygreenguy asked a valid question within the context of his comment. I'd be interested to see if/how it's answered.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman