It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10 commandments vs. the Big Mac
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think I'm one of these Americans, but I wouldn't consider myself deprived.

Although it is sad to not know at least the "don't kill" commandment, and instead realize and not give a shit that too many Big Macs will kill yah.

Americans know Big Macs better than Ten Commandments

Quote:
Reuters | Published: Saturday, October 13, 2007

NEW YORK - How many of The Ten Commandments can you name? Put to the test, Americans recalled the seven ingredients of a McDonald's Big Mac and members of TV's The Brady Bunch more easily than the Bible's rules to live by.

A survey by Kelton Research found 80 per cent of 1,000 respondents could name the burger's primary ingredient -- two all-beef patties -- but fewer than six in 10 knew the commandment "thou shalt not kill."

Fewer than half of respondents -- 45 per cent -- could recall the commandment "honour thy father and mother" but 62 per cent knew the Big Mac has pickle.

But I would still ask: What serious value does it have to know the most popular of the 10 commandments?

We have one of the most popular one being violated by our president daily. But not enough Americans care.

Our president is considered religious enough. So what if he doesn't practice what he reads?

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:10 am 

Oh, I don't think Bush reads the Bible. After all, god 'talks' to him. Why read when all you have to do is listen?

As for the ten commandments, I wish the people who want to post them all over the place would just LIVE BY THEM!

Does anyone remember the person on Colbert's show who wanted the ten commandments posted but couldn't name more than a couple of them?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid