It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One Man Parade
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:10 am 

I live in Portland, OR, and about 5 months ago, after months of attending random, infrequent vigils for the Downing Street Memo, or Cindy Sheehan, or against Myers, Roberts or Alito...I felt a sense of futility in all that effort. The primary reason was that the ever-larger issue seemed and still seems to be that the past 5 elections, plus, were stolen through outright election fraud perpetrated by the GOP through collaboration with the voting machine companies, and the institutional corruption implemented by HAVA in 2002. Secondly, I saw such utter complacency and lack of energetic protest about the hijacking of the US Government by the NeoCons and the Far Right, and the resulting manipulation of the public, and increased militarization of political goals.

I was frustrated and pissed!! Still am pissed, but getting less frustrated from the realization that personal action standing up to the crap that is being called government these days can actually be very empowering, rewarding and effective!!

I started carrying signs of protest on the way to and from work, and later decided that my messages are better conveyed when facing traffic. Rather than holding a sign over my shoulder as I walked across the bridge each day, I have chosen a spot where I hang, and with a number of signs, used alternately, I state the need to protest this corrupt regime to over 1000 people every weekday morning. I have been told by a number of people that my little essay, first written in early May and put up locally, has been a source of inspiration and hope to many who have lost both. If you like it, please pass it on to those you know who want to do something to help in the Impeachment Movement, but don't feel they count.

Spread the word about the lies that BushCo told to fraudulently lead this country into occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, about the constant shredding of the Constitution and International Treaties, about the destruction of our environment, about the inhumane treatment of minorities in this country and people of "terra-abidin'" countries, and the list goes on, and on, etc.
http://smirkingchimp.com/viewtopic.php?topic=66584&forum=4

Just saw this on SmirkingChimp and love this person's enthusiasm! Maybe we should all think of ourselves as 'One Man Parades' in this fight to take our country back. Whatever we do, we are doing it because we love our country and want it restored!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid