It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Speakers, Activists to Rally at White House on 9/11 Annivers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:26 pm 

This year, on the sixth anniversary of 9/11, a leading group of authors and activists from the impeachment, antiwar, and 9/11 truth movements will lead a mass rally in front of the White House. They will call for the impeachment of the Bush administration, an end to the illegal wars in the Middle East, and a new investigation of the event upon which these wars were predicated. This rally is being coordinated with similar events in New York, Los Angeles, Brussels, Dublin, and other major cities around the world.

Washington, DC, August 29, 2007 - A mass rally to commemorate the anniversary of 9/11 will be held on Tuesday, September 11, 2007, from noon to 3:00 p.m. at Lafayette Park, in front of the White House. The rally is sponsored by dc911truth.org and will feature speeches by a number of leading authors and activists. It is part of similar commemorations being held on the 11th and on preceding days in New York and other major cities worldwide.

This event is the result of the collaboration of the 911truth movement with members of the antiwar and impeachment movements. The message of the event is three-fold: Impeach the Bush administration, end the war, and re-investigate the crimes of September 11, 2001.

The rally will also celebrate the end of a long journey for walkers from around the country who have come to Washington to highlight their cause. For March of the People founder Mario Penalver, who has led the 800-mile trek from Chicago, the message is "Impeach the Bush administration and bring our troops home. " For Brother Raymond and Brother Elliot of Beit Shalom Ministries who have walked 1500 miles from Denver, the message is "Real Christians don't choose war." And for Vietnam veteran and pastor Bill McDannell who walked across the continent from San Diego, the message is "End the wars."

The rally will include live music and will feature the following distinguished speakers:

Webster Tarpley, author of the bestselling book, 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA
David Lindorff, co-author of The Case for Impeachment
William Pepper, lawyer and barrister, author of An Act of State
Ralph Schoenman and Mya Shone, hosts of the radio program, Taking Aim
Carlo Hawk Walker, Native American, Vietnam veteran and peacemaker
Rev. Grayland Hagler, Pastor, Plymouth Congregational Church, Washington, DC

A live webcast is being planned to link with events at Ground Zero and elsewhere in New York City. Radio station WPFW-FM, the local Pacifica affiliate, will be broadcasting part of the event, along with other special programs commemorating the 9/11 anniversary.

dc911truth.org is a grassroots organization of citizens, activists, and researchers seeking to raise public awareness of the historical context of U.S. false flag terrorism, culminating in the events of September 11, and to affiliate with others sharing these goals towards peaceful reformation of the American political process.

contact@dc911truth.orgcontact@dc911truth.org
301-654-2308
# # #

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:36 pm 

I wonder if C-Span will cover it. They are terrible at covering events like this.

I hope someone from LINK TV will cover it.

Thank you for posting this--hopefully some of our members can get there.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Now really............do you think ANY news station will cover it????????? They have all decided that isn't really NEWSWORTHY. PASHAW....someone might get an idea from something like this.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:50 pm 

People for peace have been dubbed 'enemies' by the Bush administration.

Bush has the oddest take on Christianity I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot!

Possibly Democracy Now will have a piece about it, maybe even an entire show. Check their website--I will and post if I see anything. For those with broadband, the shows are pod cast.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:46 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

If at least 10 million people showed up and created the greatest woodstock since the original- that would be noticed.

But you know, there's probably a game on the tube or shit to eat or shopping...... no time for actual participation in a democracy. Just me me me and me somemore. American's know that it's just not worth giving a damn about peace, earth and justice!

"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness seem classy."
- Bern Williams

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anybody from TVNL going? Last year, Glass Race went up to NYC and Ground Zero and reported back to us, including photos. Maybe he'll go...?

http://tvnewslies.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4207

But I agree...there won't be reports on it if the msm can avoid doing it. Even if they did, and a million people showed up, they'd distort the count and say it was a "few hundred." :evil:

However, if there are large rallies in other parts of the world, at least the BBC might cover it.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman