It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Friend apprises me that my emails are full of gloom and doom
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Which makes sense since we chat about politics. I responded that there is nothing good to talk about politics these days.

Am I wrong?

I actually feel OK when not thinking about politics.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Friend apprises me that my emails are full of gloom and
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:45 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
I actually feel OK when not thinking about politics.

Which is exactly what the Powers That Are want. If you're happy with life as it is then they feel safe in continuing to suck you dry and throw away the husk when they're done.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

They would win if they succeeded in making everyone miserable.

I do my share for telling people what horrible plans the power elite have for the world.

Four years ago some feds decided they should 'chat' with me. Now I'll bet they agree with me.

Doesn't mean they still won't decide to 'chat' with me. I hope they wouldn't mind hearing "I told you so" instead of "I can neither confirm or deny."

I still say that the people have a chance. Sure our Congress is compliant and the powers of the dark side grow every day. But they are also sowing the seeds of their own destruction.

The harder they clamp down, the more people wake up.

I paid to get chipped today....over $100 for the new passports with mail service. They took my old passport which I didn't really plan on.

These folks are for real. They do plan on chipping the planet.

Besides, I am usually commiserating over the sorry state of politics. Why did the power elite have to go bat shit crazy in my life time?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Purple Tang on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:07 am 

Quote:
Why did the power elite have to go bat shit crazy in my life time?

Exactly what I have been wondering.

A person has two choices. 1) Tell the awful truth and build that cloud over other people's heads, or 2) lie like a rug.

The problem with lying like a rug is that it gives 'them' the ability to wreck us all even more quickly. 'The truth' doesn't go away just because people don't want to look at it.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:23 am 

Sure it does. Perfect fricken example. I work with this woman, whom I actually like (which is rare around these parts) and would have actually assumed she would HAVE to vote democrat, right? Well, she came over on Tues (our primary day) and I asked if she voted and she said she did but she didn't want to (because she knew nothing about any of the candidates), so I said, well, you voted for Barak, right? And she said, um, well...SHE VOTED FOR MCCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS A BLACK WOMAN IN MS WHO VOTED FOR MCCAIN!!! The most I could understand was the whole "he will make sure we are safe" issue is what she voted for. I wanted to fricken puke on the floor. Honestly, if you know nothing of the candidates or issues, but only have heard tiny sound bites of shit, why in the holy fuck would you VOTE??? My god, its like sticking your hand into a bag of snakes and hoping you pull out something good. I guess my point is that this is the prime example of someone who feels that if she doesn't worry about it, it won't affect her. Yet, she is a double minority living in an impoverished state who NEEDS a democrat (or someone more interested in something besides war) to be in office, yet she votes for McCain because she heard he will keep her safe. OH MY FUCKING GOD. This is why I don't talk to people (except for you guys, of course).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:46 pm 

lefty wrote:
OH MY FUCKING GOD. This is why I don't talk to people (except for you guys, of course).

Lefty—
Make sure the BF has the same passion about politics as you do. It is one of the biggest regrets of my 31 years of marriage that the other half resembles your friend more than anyone else. The current saving grace is that she is signed up to vote by mail and I get to vote twice since she just hands me the ballot to fill out. I can't have a discussion with her about politics in any form since she "just can't stand that shit." Her father is State Republican Committeeman and has no idea of my online efforts. I view the double voting as a way to counter my father and mother-in-law's votes so the net effect is zero.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

People who don't understand the political issues and who don't try to find out about them before they vote are behaving in a very irresponsible way. Would they go to buy a new car without asking a few questions? Would they want to have a surgical procedure done by a doctor they knew nothing about? Would they want their son or daughter dating a person they knew nothing about? Would they start eating an unknown dish of food without asking what the hell it was?

Of course, nowadays far too many Americans listen to Faux News and rightwing talk radio. They think Bush is "one of them." They think he's "keeping the nation safe because we haven't had any more attacks." Utter bullshit! What can you do? Not much at this juncture, except keep on trying to actually change the minds of those who still have them. Unfortunately, lefty, your friend seems to have given hers away without so much as a smidgeon of resistence. :banghead:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:23 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Americans behaving in an irresponsible way

Who would think that ????? TuT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:55 am 

I can empathize with you lefty. The people around here do the same thing. They will troop out and vote R because that is what they do--and that is the exact thing they say if asked about it.

APL, I like your being able to even things out like that!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid