It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gold as a good investment...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Some of the nations foremost experts on the Fed Reserve are almost in a panic. Noyone seems to know what is going to happen.

Since the Fed took the liberty of expanding the M3 money supply, in 2007, so much that they decided against reporting the amount.....inflation was a guarantee.

As uncertainty increases and the value of the dollar plummets, conditions ripen for hyperinflation. Gold has tripled in price under our illustrious War Commander while it went down under Clinton.

This is what makes gold very possibly a superb investment. If the Fed decides that the boat is leaking too badly, they will start buying gold rather than selling gold. Why not? There was nothing backing their fiat money anyway.

If the Fed starts buying gold with the apparently hyper-expanded money supply, that would likely work as a catalyst for gold prices in the thousands of dollars/ounce range.

Why take 5% on a CD when inflation is double digit? While you *could* lose 30% on a gold investment, you could also make 600%.

Many experts are predicitng a collapse of our monetary system due to excessive deficit spending....i.e. wars that were never meant to win. Why not invest in a soft landing?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:32 pm 

There is where the elimination of the middle class becomes a problem. Investment funds are discretionary monies. Under the War Chimp, the number of people living paycheck to paycheck has increased dramatically. Saving and investment is now a negative number. In an inflationary situation, incomes will lag behind prices. For many people the question won't be should I invest in gold but should I buy food or gas.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:17 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Another sound investment is to purchase commodities that store well and are manufactured from oil derivatives. It takes a while for skyrocketing oil prices to reflect in the price of silicones and rubbers and plastics and oil based clays.

One could, say, invest in d*ldos assuming that the war machine slaughters most young males, the demand could increase.

I just bought 100 pounds of oil based clay because I know that the price should take off. Clay will always be used for sculpture.

How are your sculptures doing? Being a sculpture almost sounds sexy or something. Even if one is an amateur.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson