It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How would you sabotague a possible run for office?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:38 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I used to have visions of a being a Congressman.

Then I learned this is a great excuse for the police state to keep especially close tabs on someone. People think that the ilk live drab lives. The fact is that they know that they are being watched pretty closely, in my guesstimation....and a few others.

I used to consider a brief naked stroll down Broadway. I'm not an exhibitionist, I just seen it as a handy way to sabotague a foolhardy campaign. Now I have lost my shape and do not want to traumatize anyone...so that battle plan is gone.

How would you prevent a run for office?

Campaigns are breathtakingly expensive these days. They are best suited to the wealthy. Another good reason to blog instead of run.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sorry but I had to bump this for the Monday morning crowd when people have their thinking caps back on.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I found a winner.

"Purple Tang and the farm animals"

That would certainly sabotague things.

Since I do not have several hundred thousand lying around, or a big name, or lots of big connections....I have little to worry about it seems.

They have upped the ante to where it is a game for the rich. For the most part. See "I don't know how many house I own" McCain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:35 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
Since I do not have several hundred thousand lying around, or a big name, or lots of big connections....I have little to worry about it seems.

They have upped the ante to where it is a game for the rich. For the most part. See "I don't know how many house I own" McCain.

The only reason your name can't be considered big is the poor education of the vast majority of Americans received. They get their political education from the likes of Faux News where they are much more likely to know the name Britney Spears than that of John Adams.

When I went to high school, we were required to take a course in economics. This has been replaced with a course in marketing, preparing students for careers stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart. The standards testing put in place by "No Child Left Behind," have no room for critical thinking, thus things like History are ignored.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote