It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We were already pretty concerned...I think
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This weeks financial news is sending tsunami's through the financial worlds. This just looks bad.

I have no idea what is going to happen now. I thought the Fed maybe was orchestrating a take over. Now I think things are just going out of control.

I had just found something that I could make money selling on Ebay. Now I have strong reservations about buying much at all. Darn.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's very scary, PT....and I don't things are going to get any better any time soon. Regardless of who wins the election, I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet.

That will come if McSame goes in. He's not his own man. He's Reagan and Bush rolled into one awful monster.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:31 am 

Yes, McSame is the candidate from hell. If he gets in, America will be no more. Not the one we grew up in anyway.

Does he seem to be self destructing to anyone besides me? More like falling apart. Did you hear his reply to the person who asked about Spain? And he talked about Mexico and Latin America seemingly not knowing where Spain is?

This election is increasingly scary!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Does he seem to be self destructing to anyone besides me? More like falling apart. Did you hear his reply to the person who asked about Spain? And he talked about Mexico and Latin America seemingly not knowing where Spain is?

I saw that...and I was wondering if McSame is so "politically programmed" to respond to certain questions with a scripted answer, he can't think on his feet fast enough to make sense when the script changes. Bush is like that, too.

Many folks at other websites think McCain is imploding and about to crack under the stress of campaigning. What happened to his "Straight Talk Express?" It became "Country First" after Ms. Mooseburger joined up. Of course, neither of those silly slogans have a bit of substance to them....especially now. :roll:

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/20 ... n_explain/

But, to be fair, I don't think the reporter did a very good job of making herself clear. Her accent was indeed HEAVY.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:26 pm 

From what I understand now, looks like the fed is going to take over. Yippee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

So we have been successfully shocked and taken over just like 36 other countries.

Bush was an amazing success for them. Dismantling the worlds largest business and making it available for pennies on the dollar. Done via uncontrolled spending and reduced income. Guaranteed financial crisis.

I saw it coming and figuratively started ringing the bells years ago. All it did was get me in trouble for being "radical." Telling the truth is a radical act in a time of massive deception.

Now our lives will be very managed and our economy will be as robust as any other police state. A small percentage of the population will do very well and that is all the power elite cares about.

The power elite is not the politicians, they are puppets and figureheads. The power elite are the international bankers.

Enjoy your chip. Say goodbye to even the smallest modicum of privacy.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:33 pm 

Truthfully, PT, as soon I heard this shit this AM, I thought about you and how you have been saying this exact thing the whole time I've known ya. If I knew you out here in real life I would have called you. I am so shocked I cannot seem to figure out what to do. I've been telling my husband this for about 4 years now and when the press conference happened this morning, I almost cried.

I am scared shitless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:41 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

lefty wrote:
Truthfully, PT, as soon I heard this shit this AM, I thought about you and how you have been saying this exact thing the whole time I've known ya. If I knew you out here in real life I would have called you. I am so shocked I cannot seem to figure out what to do. I've been telling my husband this for about 4 years now and when the press conference happened this morning, I almost cried.

I am scared shitless.

Lefty, do not be scared, just be prepared.
Be angry, be furious, but do not be afraid.

With fear comes control. With control comes enslavement. With enslavement comes the death of spirit.

What they want the most is for us to be afraid because in fear they know we will not act. What they do not want however is for us to continue to be informed, nor do they want us to become angry because they know if we become angry we will rip this nation from its foundation in order to remove it from their grip.

The goal is to destroy this country. I believe they are going to succeed. Once they do succeed, our goal is to punish them for their transgressions and then rebuild.

It is unfortunate, but it has to be this way. It is the only thing that will really wake up the people of this country.

Be angry at what they have done, but never, ever be afraid. Turn that fear into determination and drive for justice. Take satisfaction in the knowledge that they will eventually get their due. It may take some time, and it may cost us, but justice will be served.

Crimson

Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth - more than death. Thought is subversive, and revolutionary, destructive and terrible; thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless to the well-tried wisdom of the ages. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid... Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.

But if thought is to become the possession of the many, and not the privilege of the few, we must have done with fear. It is fear that holds men back - fear that their cherished beliefs should prove delusions, fear lest the institutions by which they live should prove harmful, fear lest they themselves prove less worthy to the respect than they have supposed themselves to be. -Bertrand Russel

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:19 am 

Thanks CE. I am not afraid of the government. I am afraid of the compliance. My avitar at another site used to be a pic of a little girl holding her finger up to her lips like "shhh" and it said "Silence is compliance". Considering that no one besides us and about 12 other people seem worried about the newest takeover of fascist america, I am scared no one will try to stop it, or try to correct it once it is done.

I want to move to an uninhabited part of South America and forget about civilization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:28 am 

lefty wrote:
I want to move to an uninhabited part of South America and forget about civilization.

The unfortunate truth is that there are no uninhabited areas that are inhabitable. I live in a desert where not having modern amenities can mean a quick extinction. Humans were not built for 110 plus degree environments. A full gas tank and ready to eat meals are a necessity. I live in an area with many elderly; their chances seem less than mine but they vote NeoCon about 4 to 1.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:39 pm 

A girl can have dreams, can't she?