It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good to see Obama working diligently for his Wall Street
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:35 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

and Zionist masters. They may decide to keep him.

The agenda will be the same as the one handed to McCain of course. Slightly different window dressing.

Is baiing out Wall Street his first big test?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The tests are over.

WE are the ones who are being tested and we have failed.

Crimson.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:57 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ah.....the doomsday machine weighs in.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:05 am 

Ya guys, I'm pretty fricken disappointed.

Seems like if constituents are actually getting off their lazy asses by the millions to say no to this fucking bailout, our "representatives" would, like, be fucking required to represent us. I have to say that if they wanted to unintentionally bring together dems and repubs, this is sure as hell the way. I don't know a single person who thinks the bailout is a good idea. Liberal as hell to conservative as hell, everyone is saying NO WAY. Yet, what the hell do they do? Why pass the bill of course, and do it in a sneaky shitty manner by adding it to another bill.

AH, I feel so confident and comfortable with my country. Good thing my economy is sound and all the rich people are being taken care of.

God knows I sure as shit would rather be poor. At least to me it seems like us little people have a far better "moral compass" than any of the stupid rich idiots that "represent us" or the ones who control our economy. In my town, people actually HELP each other. Neighbors share stuff. I honestly would rather be poor. I just am not sure I would prefer Chinese overlords to the tards in office now.

Hm..I think I'm a bit upset by all of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:42 am 

lefty wrote:
Ya guys, I'm pretty fricken disappointed.

Seems like if constituents are actually getting off their lazy asses by the millions to say no to this fucking bailout, our "representatives" would, like, be fucking required to represent us. I have to say that if they wanted to unintentionally bring together dems and repubs, this is sure as hell the way. I don't know a single person who thinks the bailout is a good idea. Liberal as hell to conservative as hell, everyone is saying NO WAY. Yet, what the hell do they do? Why pass the bill of course, and do it in a sneaky shitty manner by adding it to another bill.

AH, I feel so confident and comfortable with my country. Good thing my economy is sound and all the rich people are being taken care of.

God knows I sure as shit would rather be poor. At least to me it seems like us little people have a far better "moral compass" than any of the stupid rich idiots that "represent us" or the ones who control our economy. In my town, people actually HELP each other. Neighbors share stuff. I honestly would rather be poor. I just am not sure I would prefer Chinese overlords to the tards in office now.

Hm..I think I'm a bit upset by all of this.

I have truly come to understand what Janis Joplin meant when she said,

"Freedom just another word for nothing left to lose."

By that standard I must be one of the freest SOB's in the world.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:13 pm 

Very good call, APL. That is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think Obama was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. He can't afford to take the risk of not voting for this "hold your nose" bill at such a critical time in the election and when everybody's uncle and mother's cousin are yelling about "credit." I am with all of you in agreeing that the bill STINKS but the fact remains that the root cause of this mess flows back to Reagan. Obama can't be blamed because he wasn't around then. BUT MCCAIN WAS!

I don't know what the best answer is for us now. But I DO know that our chances for things turning out ok in the long run still are better in the hands of the Dems than with the Rethugs.

That will only happen with an Obama presidency. I'm willing to give him a chance to at least start the scrubbing up process. This is like an episode of the BBC program called "HOW CLEAN IS YOUR HOUSE?" The places shown in that program are AWFUL, but that's what I imagine our financial situation to be like....and it will take come difficult scientific cleaning to even see the bottom.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
I
I don't know what the best answer is for us now. But I DO know that our chances for things turning out ok in the long run still are better in the hands of the Dems than with the Rethugs.

I will have to politely disagree about our chances. We have a 100% chance of failure no matter which SELECTED candidate is elected.

Quote:
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -Mayer Amschel Rothschild

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

[quote="CrimsonEagle

Quote:
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -Mayer Amschel Rothschild
[/quote]

That quote tells the entire story. Rothschilds control Europe, Rockefellers control America and a lot of the world. Both Zionists.

When Gorbachev brought down the USSR for them, 6 our of 7 of the newly minted billionairres were Jewish. Coincidence?

Like everything else, sources give different figures for the humber of newly minted billionairres created by the privatization of Russia's infrastructure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:02 am 

I am with Catherine on this. There was no good answer! Just as those dirty homes need to be thoroughly cleaned out, so does our government and that will not happen as long as money runs it.

Obama didn't create this system, and does anyone really believe there is no difference for us between McSame and Obama? Talk about a bridge to nowhere!

Maybe people are not hurting enough yet--like they were during the last true depression. There are still too many people who can afford to go anywhere they want anytime they want. What is happening is a little discomfort for them, not the end of the world as we have known it.

Obama is a Presidential candidate, not Jesus Christ. He cannot wave his arm and have our country cured. Whether JC could have done that or not I don't know. He doesn't talk to me every day as he appears to do with Rs.

Obama did not have a choice as I see it. If he gets in office and still isn't working to clean up this mess 28 years of Rs has made, then I will let the depression begin. Until then, I am going to do what I can to get this Obama/Biden team into office.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 am 

Ok, I'm kinda freaking myself out because I have to say that I agree with PT and CE way more than my too favorite women on this one.

I think it is despicable that Obama voted for the bail out. I have tried to reason it out and justify and everything else, but when it comes down to it, I am disgusted. At least 700b worth of bad debt is a ludicrous idea and I really don't care if all those stupid banks go into the toilet. The rich people are the only ones with any money left anyhow. So who cares! 700b could go really, really freaking far towards FREE HEALTH CARE for our whole country.
Or for that fricken matter, why not divide that $700b and give every american adult their equal share. The way I figure it out, it would be more than $3,200,000 for each adult. I'm pretty fricken sure if each of us had that much money we wouldn't have to worry too much about the stupid fucking banks and we could just trade with actual humans and be just fine. Hell, I'm sure people would deposit most of the money after paying off their bills and buying their houses and all that shit. So there you go, the banks get money to lend and we all don't have to pay them for fucking us in the first place.

I did have hope that Barack would help us. I really did. I thought he was a wonderful candidate (after I got over the fact that Kucinich would never get nominated)...but I don't think that voting the same fucking way ole bushie told him to, and saying essentially the same thing about the vote as McCain makes any sense and is not good for our country. The banks are the only ones crying about not having money to lend, at least this is what I see, hear and experience. Most everyone else isn't trying to borrow any more money right now.

I've never been one to just outright say I'm a democrat, though I will admit that the theoretical democratic platform is the one I most closely identify with, but I am not going to just spout off the whole "vote for the lesser of two evils" anymore. I have finally and truly been completely disillusioned. It doesn't matter if we vote or not. And it doesn't matter who's pres or not. We have no "representatives" in government and I now wonder if we ever did. Do you know, in my retarded, backwards ass state where nearly every white person claims to be a republican and a fair bit of the black people claim the same, one of our 4 house reps (and my district's rep), a republican, actually voted FOR the bailout???? No one here wants it. NO ONE. He is NOT voting the way the majority of the people he represents wants in the least fricken bit. Its all a complete bullshit illusion.

I don't want to eat the blue pill. I am tired of pretending this world is different than it really is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:57 am 

I am certainly not feeling good about the bailout, it is another edition of the way we went into Iraq. America was shocked and awed into dumping on people who can't afford anything now let alone having to bail out the rich and obnoxious.

25 people did vote against the Senate version. 15 were Rs who thought we were being too hard on the rich, 9 were Dems who were against it for the same reason we all are, and one is my favorite Senator--Bernie Sanders. If you go to his website, I believe he has videos of floor speeches he gives and he is wonderful. I see him when he is giving them, if I am lucky.

http://sanders.senate.gov/

If you can manage to, please take the time to go to his site and see that we do still have politicians who give a darn.

If Kennedy had been well enough to vote, the Dems would have had 10 votes against the bill. As it is, this is the line-up:

Senate vote on H.R. 1424

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:48 am 

Bernie is my fave senator as well. I came on the other day to post an email I got from him but got distracted and never posted it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:34 am 

Do you get the Bernie Buzz?