It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Happy New Year Idea
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL TVNL MEMBERS AND MAY 2009 BE A BETTER YEAR FOR ALL OF US. :D

Now, here's the idea... (I was reading Ellen Goodman's excellent comments about how we shouldn't be fooled by Bush's farewell tour, which I'll post somewhere else later). Because I'm very much aware of the historical times we're living in, I thought all of us at TVNL who have children and/or grandchildren should come up with a way to record them saying Farewell in some special way to George. Get creative and let them write their own farewell speech, poem, story, or skit. Record it and enjoy it for years to come.

I'm going to get my granddaughter over and see what she and I can come up with for our own personal Good Bye and Good Riddance to George for our family historical record. (She's the one who sat for a photo shoot in 2004, holding a large sign saying, "We're Sorry, World. We Really Tried. My Grandparents Voted for John Kerry." In the photo she's looking very droopy and sad. Now, the family says the pictures are priceless as far as family lore goes. That granddaugter also used to pick up an old rotary phone I keep hanging on the wall in the playroom downstairs, dial it for a couple of seconds, wait a moment, and then say very snottily, "Hello...is this the White House? Well, I just wanted you to know that I think George Bush is an IDIOT! Thank you. Good-Bye!" She would replace the receiver and dissolve into giggles...with her grandmother joining in, of course.)

Let me know what you all think...and share your ideas!

We've got until January 20 before he's really gone!

:bounce:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman