It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How close to 1984 is 2009?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I assume that most of you have read Orwell's classic warning of the ultimate dangers of unchecked collectivist totalitarian government. The ruling Party emplys four ministries to subjugate the public:

Ministry of Truth is in charge of continual lies.

Ministry of Peace is in charge of perpetual wars.

Ministry of Plenty is in charge of ongoing starvation.

Ministry of Love is in charge of torture.

Washington could be called the Ministry of truth. The Pentagon is clearly the Ministry of Peace. The Intelligence apparatus is the Ministry of Love. The question is the Ministry of Plenty. My guess is that may stump you.

The Federal Reserve/IMF is the Ministry of Plenty. Its policies have led to mass starvation in dozens of countries. Their shocks precede the privatization of coveted resources and infrastructure.

BTW, I had been saying that Iceland is country #38 on their menu of victims. However it looks like #39 is being que'd up. The Ukraine has recently fallen victim to their swan songs of IMF credit in exchange for certain .... conditions.

Anecdotal story here. The Thought Police removed the Pareto program 'Privacy Controls' icon from my desk top two weeks ago. Made it a little harder to find it an use but I was still able to do so. So they recently removed the program.

Big Brother doesn't have the telescreens of 1984. It has our....computers.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson