It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A tiny bit of optimism
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:58 pm 

Ya'll know I'm not the most sunny person in the world, mostly because things are just so messed up. But anyhow, the other day I got a package for some guy who doesn't even live anywhere around where I live. But my postman's a lazy bum and won't take "not this address" stuff back. I'm fairly sure he just throws it away when he does take it. Anyhow, it was a package of seeds from Johnny's Seed Company. They had their www right on the envelope. So I went to the site and emailed the customer problems address and really didn't think anything would happen...It took two days, but yesterday I got the kindest email from their customer support people and they said they would reship the man's order asap and for me to keep the seeds and that if I didn't want them to share them with someone who would. The lady also said sorry for the inconvenience! SO I emailed her back and told her it was definitely not an inconvenience, I just wanted the man to get what he ordered. Because I would HATE to order something and have it not come. You feel ripped off and in my case, it makes me more bitter...anyhow. She emailed me back today and said:

Quote:
Hello,

You are very welcomed and enjoy them. It is comforting to know that there are folks like you who still care about others especially given everything that is going on in the world right now.

Thank you again,

Cathy

It just made me feel all happy and warm and fuzzy. Also reminding me that I can't be so cynical that I don't do tiny little nice things when I can.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/

That's their website. They have top notch customer service, it seems, so if you need to order seeds, I would recommend them.

:)

Post subject: Re: A tiny bit of optimism
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

For all the bad rap the post office gets....most of my experiences have been good.

Though I have noted that UPS/Fed EX & the USPS all seem to have employed 800 pound gorillas a few years ago.

Good to see a positive experience with the seed company. :)

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:33 am 

I wasn't really trying to complain about my postman. He's a nice person. I realize the post office's job is quite laborious, but they aren't the best at doing that job. If I ever mail anything besides a letter, I take it to UPS because its cheaper and it gets there faster. Plus, the reason I think they hire 800 lb gorillas (though I see plenty of non-gigantic people doing the job) is because they have to be able to carry heavy packages and sort and all that stuff. Something that really wouldn't be too easy if you didn't have strength.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good for you, lefty....and the fellow whose seeds you "saved" will probably be very happy that you cared enough to make sure a wrong was corrected. I often find other people's mail in my box, but I also have a rather irresponsible mail carrier. I usually take the mail back to the post office and say it was left in my box...again. The postmaster is very helpful and friendly, too, and I've always gotten good service at the post office itself. The other day, I had gone to the mail box and gotten the mail. Later in the afternoon, my husband came in and handed me the Smithsonion magazine, saying that it was the only mail that came. I told him no, that couldn't be right because I'd already picked up the mail and the magazine wasn't in the box at that time. We figured that the carrier had left the magazine in someone else's box on our road and that the someone had delivered it correctly.

Let's not forget that UPS stopped sponsoring Bill O'Reilly's Faux Noise show because of his stalking tactics...something good that happened recently.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman