It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: disappointed.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Once again I am forced to be disappointed in peoples perception of what is really happening in the world today. Those of us in the Union are going to be required to take an OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 hour course respectively for workers and Forman. I have no problem with this, and as a matter of fact, I considered it an opportunity to try and open peoples eyes to what is really happening in this government.

I chose to make copy's of the link that I put on this site entitled America is in deep dodo. I figured where better to begin than where people would be most concerned, their wallets. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. What I thought would bring up conversation about things which really matter. Things which to me transcend my support of the Union and my local economy. I really had hope that it would bring up corporate corruption and human suffering. I had hoped that it would at the very least bring up our impending economic collapse. Instead what did I see? The people glanced at the document, and that was it. Only one person out of the 30+ people in the room even appeared interested, and even his views when we talked about it were skewered.

Another person which I talked to was dismissive. He started talking about how he just borrowed 100k with his house as collateral so he could put a downpayment on land he wanted. He said that since he owned his house, he was safe from any economic collapse if it were to happen. I tried to point out that by using his house as collateral, he no longer owned his house, the bank owned his house, but he did not believe me. He insisted that not only did he own his house, he now owned the land which he purchased. I can only shake my head and consider him a fool, and move on. Where he gets his reasoning from is beyond me. To me it is lunacy.

I have come to a conclusion. I have seen it time and time again when I talk with people. I think people are afraid. Where I choose to think of probable negative impacts that actions now will bring about in the future, a majority of people that I talk with chose to rely on blind faith that things will work out. They are afraid to even think of the possibility that all which they hold dear may be under threat from this situation which we now find ourselves to be in.
They are afraid because they feel that they have no control over what is happening, so instead of taking any risk themselves, they hope for the best. They feel that everything will balance without much harm coming to them or their familles. Instead of worrying about things which really matter, they choose to worry only about the mundane things in life, things that are for the most part only self serving, and choose to ignore the forest fire which is about to engulf us all.

I am forced to ask myself. Am I the one that is in the wrong? Should I just forget about everything that I see wrong with the whole picture and focus solely on myself? If I did, I'm sure my life would be a whole lot better on a personal basis. I would probably be considered wealthy if instead of worrying about others, I would act in a self serving manner like so many that I see. If I was able to ignore what I see happening, I would surely sleep better at night and I would have a lot less stress, and feeling of dread in which I see to be the inevitable outcome.

Is it my ego which drives me? Am I the one who is a narcissistic because I believe that if people would even take part of my beliefs and implement them this world could be a better place for all humans? Do I have the God syndrome, believing that I am right, and the majority is wrong?

Every defeat I am handed just makes me more tired. Yes, I know. Many on this site say to fight on, but I have been fighting since I was a teenager, and it is like fighting against a tidal wave. I cannot help but ask myself what happened in my life that makes me see things the way I do. What if the way I see things is skewered because of past experiences and the war I have been fighting for so long is based on a false perception? Why do I see things others cannot see, or is what I am seeing delusional?

I have been told that one of the questions on a psych. Exam that you have to take in order to get into one of the power plants is "Do you see things other people don't see." How would I answer this? Their minds cannot comprehend the things that I see which others do not see. At all times, I feel as if I am on the edge of sanity. One small misstep, and I step over the line, or have I already stepped over and do not realize it?

CrimsonEagle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:50 pm 
Hang in there Crimson. I believe you see more clearly than many. I dont believe the time is right yet. When it is, there will be many that see what you have been fighting for. At least that is what I am banking on. I wait along side you.

Beat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Hang in there Crimson. I believe you see more clearly than many. I dont believe the time is right yet. When it is, there will be many that see what you have been fighting for. At least that is what I am banking on. I wait along side you.

Beat

Thanks for the vote of confidence man. I hope that you feel the same way as our discussion continues. I have a feeling we may be getting in depth on some topics. My goal is not to belittle, but to make people think. (if they are willing to listen and contemplate)
As for now not being the right time, when will the right time be? We are quickly running out of time, and this has got to be a mass movement in a short amount of time, or it will be too late. As I have stated before, unfortunately I do not see it happening. The only chance many will have is to start preparing for the worst immediately, and pray for the best. Pray that what I see is wrong.

CrimsonEagle