It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where did everyone go?
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:06 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It is creepy to come on here looking for something new or for a good argument and no one is here. Where are all of you? Has everyone gone on vacation? Is everyone holding their breath until this primary is over? Has the neo-cons done so :shock: much that nothing surprises us anymore? It is lonely out here.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:40 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

I sometimes wonder if this regime is shooting with a shotgun. There are so many 'wounds' , that we are 'bleeding' , slowly but profusely. Here are a few reminders:

I'm so tired of the corporate media saying that the voters are just upset about Iraq. Yes, we are, but the following explains just a few things that we are really mad about. We are always hearing them defending this regimen no matter what it does.

Let's see, so far, the repubs have accepted, from this administration:

At least 10 'mistakes' in Iraq. (not counting lies)

A regime that refuses to let go of torture.

A administration and congress that are up to their 'eyeballs' in corruption.

National debt ceiling raised 5 times in five years. More debt than all other administrations, in the history of the USA, all put together. $29,000 per every man woman and child in the USA. (if we paid it off today)

Trade deficits of 500 billion -700 billion per year.

An indicted Speaker of the house that still holds the chair to the appropriations comittee and the sub comittee on the DOJ.

An administration that is spying on Americans with un-warranted tapping.

A pres that repeatedly has refused to give the congress the necessary things for it's constitutional duty of oversight, including abramoff dealings, outting of a CIA agent, Katrina and spying on Americans.

Halliburton frauding the US taxpayers out of billions in Iraq and then given no bid contracts for Katrina. And prisons in Iraq and the USA.

An administration and congress that rewards, moving corporations off shore, outsourcing and hiring illegal aliens.

An administration and congress that tried to dismantle social security.

An administration that lied to congress about the cost of it's horrible medi-care prescription drug bill and then let the pharmaceuticals write the bill.

An administration and congress that punishes the companies and small farms that stay in the US.

A pres that has been caught lying to them repeatedly.

An administration that has used 1.6 billion dollars, of taxpayer's money, for propaganda, for it's agenda, against the American people After being warned 3 times ,that it was against the law.

An administration that purposely outed a covert CIA agent.

An administration and congress that have repeated voted to privatize the infrastructure and research that has been built up and paid for by the public taxes. Essentially, selling off America.

Subsidizing and giving a 'free ride' on public lands to oil companies, costing the American tax payers billions of dollars while they price fix, price gouge, anti-trust, and pollute at will.

Secret energy 'task force' , with cheney and all of the multi-national corporate CEOs. Yet again, screwing, 'we the people' and refusing to let us see how they did it.
You have to stand for something or you will fall for anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

WOW - you nailed it. And here we all sit waiting for.................?

In my area, some people still defend this administration. But I have noticed the Bush/Chaney bumper stickers have come off of most the cars. Maybe some are beginning to be a bit ashamed they put these people in office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:03 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

had it not been for many people like us who constantly reported and posted wrong doings by the bush admin, i don't think his approval ratings would be as low as they are.

sure, it took a long time for many to finally see the truth and there is still a long way to go. a couple things i'm hoping the democrats will change (if they can gain control of both houses):

1. the patriot act..... i am hoping they either abolish it or change it drastically to give americans back their civil rights.

2. iraq..... get us out of there as soon as possible. enough with the bullshit. prosecute those in the military who have commited crimes while in iraq.

3. the middle east.... stop forcing american interests upon the arab nations. instead, work with them and treat them as we would any other nation thereby removing reasons for people like bin laden to give them reason to fight the US. diplomacy is better than force.

4. corruption....enact stricter laws that will put severe penalties on any lawmaker found guilty of accepting bribes.

there are more, but it's just too early to remember them......lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:21 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Send the bushco neo-cons and all of their corporate media lliars to 'pacified Fellujah', in their convertibles, for a flowers, and candy, ticker tape PARADE. :lol:

Show the American people that all of the anti-war 'types' are lying, and that, they have only a couple of provinces that have Sunni insurgents , show us how they have reconstructed Iraq, with all of the billions of tax payer's dollars that has been given to halliburton. Show us how much the Iraqis appreciate the devastation we have wrecked on their people and country, for them to get purple fingers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Where have all the posters gone?
Long time passssss-ing...

Uhhhhh... I don't know about anyone else, but I have a new online obsession...

POKER!!!

But leaving political forums came before finding out about poker and it was because of several things that happened around me...

First, I read an article saying that men enjoyed seeing pain inflicted upon those they perceive to have done wrong...

Second, I read an article stating that partisans, no matter which party they belong to, will never be persueded to believe their party to be at fault...

These two articles caused me to paws and reflect... and I realized...
Yes, I do enjoy slashing right wingers to shreads and no, it never changes their minds no matter how many times I show them the errors in their purrspeptions with impeccable sources and information...

Third, a friend's wife was killed in a traffic accident... another friend's mother died... the gal who introduced me to Mrs. Stripey>>> her brother died... and a long time friend got the flu and almost died...

So... I chose to spend more time with Mrs. Stripey and my furrriends, than trying unsuccessfully to change the minds of braindead imbeciles...

:twisted:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

TheStripey1 wrote:
[color=orange][b]Where have all the posters gone?

POKER!!!

So... I chose to spend more time with Mrs. Stripey and my furrriends, than trying unsuccessfully to change the minds of braindead imbeciles...

Well I guess you have some very good reasons there Stripey so all is forgiven. I like that online poker thing too! Family and friends ALWAYS come first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I play at PokerStars.com as TheStripey1. I started playing Texas Holdem in late February and then, Omaha Hi/Lo in early April... and I only play for fun...

PS.com gives you 1000 chips to start with and when you lose that, they give you more... I rebanked 6 times before I discovered tournament play... since then... I have not had to rebank at all and my current stash is a tad under 70 grand... not in my wildest dreams do I think that this means I would be successful playing with REAL money... not yet anyway...

It's a lot more interesting and fun than fighting with brain dead republicans...

:D

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I play there too. I play the 2 and 4 cent games. I put $20 in my account over a year ago and I have about $45 now.

Also try UltimateBet.Net. It is free. They have no real money tables and you get into tournaments. If you come in the top 25 you go on to a special tourney for a REAL prize like a trip for 2. They used to have the elimination tourneys to go on to a real tourney (the ones you would see on TV on Sundays) and if you made it to than you REALLY got to play for $200,000. I made it to a final tourney once. Didn't get real far - it is cut throat! But it sure is fun! And addicting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Do you play for play money too? if so, what's your handle? I'll look for you...

Have you tried the Head's Up competition offered by NBC? I think that's the only one where you could invite someone in to play against you...

It's fun too...

not as many players tho...

Shuffle Up and Deal!!

~~ Socrates

Last edited by TheStripey1 on Fri May 26, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

wiseoldgranny wrote:
Send the bushco neo-cons and all of their corporate media lliars to 'pacified Fellujah', in their convertibles, for a flowers, and candy, ticker tape PARADE. :lol:

Show the American people that all of the anti-war 'types' are lying, and that, they have only a couple of provinces that have Sunni insurgents , show us how they have reconstructed Iraq, with all of the billions of tax payer's dollars that has been given to halliburton. Show us how much the Iraqis appreciate the devastation we have wrecked on their people and country, for them to get purple fingers.

Surely you jest... ticker tape parade???

when they go to Iraq for their infrequent photo-ops, do you think they'd really set one foot off the protected bases?

Surely you jest...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:21 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

:roll: :wink: :lol:

hEY, THIS ICON STUFF IS FUN!!!

Of course I jest......It's against the law to think it.

But.........in my dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:07 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

TheStripey1 wrote:
Do you play for play money too? if so, what's your handle? I'll look for you...

Have you tried the Head's Up competition offered by NBC? I think that's the only one where you could invite someone in to play against you...

It's fun too...

not as many players tho...

Shuffle Up and Deal!!

I am Sadie53 or sssadie53 (can't remember which) :scratch:
And who am I looking for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:45 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

TheStripey1 wrote:
Where have all the posters gone?

POKER!!!

But leaving political forums came before finding out about poker and it was because of several things that happened around me...

First, I read an article saying that men enjoyed seeing pain inflicted upon those they perceive to have done wrong...

Second, I read an article stating that partisans, no matter which party they belong to, will never be persueded to believe their party to be at fault...

These two articles caused me to paws and reflect... and I realized...
Yes, I do enjoy slashing right wingers to shreads and no, it never changes their minds no matter how many times I show them the errors in their purrspeptions with impeccable sources and information...

Third, a friend's wife was killed in a traffic accident... another friend's mother died... the gal who introduced me to Mrs. Stripey>>> her brother died... and a long time friend got the flu and almost died...

:twisted:

Stripey: I'm going to tell you something that you told ME: Do it for the lurkers! No, we're NEVER going to change rightwad minds; they have no use for the truth...but EVERYBODY isn't braindead! Also, you have a real talent for it that you DEFINITELY ought to be exercising.

You know why I cut down my own forum participation: I'm posting regularly at Conceptual Guerills's Strategy & Tactics weblog. I'm trying to influence people in that way...and I think I do the most good with my essays. I spend a lot of time on research because I want to get everything RIGHT. This means I just don't have the time any longer that I'd like to have to slap the wingnuts upside their empty heads.

Having said that, the message board and forum warriors are EXTREMELY important and doing work that needs to be done. Bless you folks, each and every one!!! We CAN'T just give up and let those greedy, duplicitous flying monkeys have everything their own way. We can't.

Like your sig says "Remember N'Awlins." THAT'S what comes of letting government-hating conservatives run things. It's no accident that they lost that city; that's the fullest expression of their constipated worldview. We must NEVER let that happen again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bump

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman