It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: An email I got. Help out.
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:02 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

OK. A die-hard republican sent this to me. I forwarded it to another die-hard republican. I will post the reply I got at the bottom:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of folks can't understand

how we came to have

an oil shortage here in our country.

~~~

Well, there's a very simple answer.

~~~

Nobody bothered to check the oil.

~~~

We just didn't know we were getting low.

~~~

The reason for that is purely geographical.

~~~

Our OIL is located in

~~~

Alaska

~~~

California

~~~

Oklahoma
~~~

TEXAS

~~~
UTAH
and
Wyoming

~~~

Our

DIPSTICKS

are located in

Washington DC

-------------------------------------------------------

REPLY:

If the Democratic dipsticks would allow us to drill for oil, and build the refineries we need, we would NOT have an oil shortage at all. We will remain dependent upon foreign oil as long as the Democrats allow environmentalists, like Al Gore, to dictate how we use, or not use, our own natural resources. Please get your facts straight.

Ok. I want to reply really good. So far I have this:

It was just a joke sent to me by a STAUNCH republican with a sense of humor. Speaking about getting the facts straight you need to read Earth in the Balance by Al Gore. The republicans made fun of him and turns out they should have listened to him - we may not be in this mess.

Quit listening to "liberal hate" radio. If you hate liberals so much then I guess you hate me. Christians hate no one, and they don't preach it either. Contrary to what some churches say, you can be a christian and vote democrat. Democrats care about humanity. I am not real sure what the neo-cons care about except themselves and money.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have anything to add please do so. Help me out if I left anything out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:42 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
If the Democratic dipsticks would allow us to drill for oil, and build the refineries we need, we would NOT have an oil shortage at all. We will remain dependent upon foreign oil as long as the Democrats allow environmentalists, like Al Gore, to dictate how we use, or not use, our own natural resources. Please get your facts straight.

how come when something doesn't work right, they blame the democrats when both houses are controlled by a majority of republicans?

if all republicans voted for an issue it would pass every time, so, obviously, there are many republicans who have also voted against new drilling in alaska and building more refineries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:55 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

I watched the hearings on C-span with the oil CEOs. They admitted that they hadn't built refineries, even where they had the necessary permits. They also admitted that they were sitting on one of the largest natural gas reserves in the world in Florida and had all of the necessary permits to drill. When quizzed by dems they admitted that they had not let the contractors drill and then got wish-washy about why. When accused of price fixing by not drilling they couldn't come up with a good answer as to why.

Boxer asked one of them why they closed a refinery down in CA, "because it wasn't profitable" and said they couldn't find a buyer?

She went on to say that CA found a buyer and the CEO mumbled that the refinery has been producing well since the sale. Boxer went on to say, basically, 'no thanks to your price fixing, it is doing well'.

They had shut down the refinery to cause a shortage. California was able to reopen it, after finding a new buyer. Calling their bluff, and winning the 'pot'.

When asked why, with all of the subsidies, they hadn't built refineries....no real answers. When asked, they admitted ( second hearing, this time under oath), that their refineries were not at full capacity and they had not used the subsidies to produce alternative fuels and build more refineries.

I think if people are interested in the facts and are not so lazy that they have to listen to the limpballs, oreally, and faux news to get their lies, that the transcripts would be available on C-span.

I was amazed that the repubs refused to swear them in the first go round.
After it was proven that they lied, they were called back to congress and this time they were sworn in. I learned a lot.

NO WONDER CHENEY REFUSES TO GIVE CONGRESS ACCESS TO THE DOCUMENTS ON HIS SECRET 'ENERGY TASK FORCE'..

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET PEOPLE TO ASK THE OBVIOUS QUESTION?

WHY DID THEM MAKE IT TOP SECRET??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:58 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

should read...why did they make it top secret????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:01 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

maybe it's time to nationalize the oil industry. imagine the tax revenue that could be made if state governments ran them. income tax could be a thing of the past IF done properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:17 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Can you imagine the US corporate military complex taking over the USA, by force? That's what happens when the SA countries nationalize their oil or land.

5 countries in SA,

with newly democratically elected Social Democrats,

with no animosity to the US are the next to fall.

Troops have been sent in to train terrorists (like Guatemala in the 80's).

Watch: Bolivia, Chile, Venesuala, Argentina, and Brazil

The news speak: will be regime change, brutal gov, drugs, terrorism and communism, against 'our interests'.

Actuality: Nationalization of oil, energy, and natural resources. Taxation of oil and multi-national corps. Immenent domain being used for small businesses and farmers. Re-instatement of unions and pensions. In other words more equal wealth distribution.