It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A thought and a Thank you.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

After watching the news with someone, how many of you have heard words to the effect, "Those poor people. At least it is not us." Or. "Better them than us." Or "Better over there than over here."

They see a husband, a wife, a child being dragged from the rubble of a building that has just been destroyed by a bomb. They see someone suffering from starvation, oppression, war and disease. They see this pain and suffering, but in their ignorance and egomaniacal beliefs, they see this as being separate from themselves.

What they see is not being done to someone else. It IS being done to us as a whole. It is being done to our brothers, sister, and children of humanity. It IS being done to the human spirit. It is not only breaking these people that you see in these images produced through this looking glass of atrocities and disinformation.(TV). It is breaking humanity into a state of barbarianism. This is NOT only affecting these individuals which you see, it is affecting us all.

Stop thinking only OF yourself, and start thinking FOR yourself. Stop thinking of yourself as being separate and deserving more than your brothers and sisters in humanity. Start realizing that we all deserve the same things in this life. Stop thinking of how you can make YOUR world better for YOURSELF. Start thinking of how we can make THIS world a better place for HUMANITY.

AngelofMercy, I hope that you read this. This also goes out to others that have tried to point this out to me, but in my stubbornness I refused to see it.

You were right, and I was wrong. You have pointed me to a truth, and for this I thank you. Sorry it took me so long to see it, and I cannot promise that I will not slip again, but I will try.

In my desire to see this world as being a better place, I had the, now obviously naive, notion that it could, and had to happen right now. This, no matter how much I wish it to be is just not the way things work. Evolution takes time. Much time. I realize that this is what it is that we are ultimately working towards, all of us. We are working towards the evolution of man that transcends this state of consciousness which we now are possessed by.

This is what all philosophers of the past, present and future have been and will continue working towards. The next step in the evolution of humanity. Those of the past were not trying to force what they were saying onto others, they were trying to TEACH. I never realized through all of my readings that for they most part they all spoke the same message, time and time again (though in different ways) in the hopes that humanity would realize the truth of their words.

Plato, nor Jesus, nor Shakespeare grabbed up a sword and forced people to believe in what they were saying. (Others did that in thier names!!!) What they did was gave us a picture of what can be if we choose to listen to their wisdom. They knew that humanity could not be forced, but must be pointed in the right direction. They also knew that humanity has to come to this understanding if it is to evolve into the next level.

Many of the mysteries that they wrote were so deep that only if we CHOSE to seek out answers would we be able to understand. It in the end its just that. A choice that we as humanity has to make.

Evolution is not easy. The species that is dying out will always fight this death, and they will fight it until ultimate extinction.

I still have a lot to learn. I still have a lot to grow. I only hope that this path that I am taking will lead me to a better understanding. I hope that when you see me starting to veer from this path that you will attempt to grab my hand and point me once again in the right direction. There are false paths all over the place. Its easy to wander off.

I have fallen in with an extraordinary group of adventurers within this site. Together we can and will accomplish the goals which we have set. Just remind me to not be so impatient. We will get there in time, although the road may be painful.

We will get there in time.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Part of learning is to get angry. But to direct ones anger with understanding of its purpose is to acquire a knowledge that few of us will ever understand. There is a purpose to conflict and it is to teach us that to rise above it, we must pass through it. Our present day leaders are aware of the purpose for fear, hate and anger and so promote their use, which keeps us all at that primitive level of survival instinct. It is perfectly natural, so we absorb it like sponges and accept it as the natural flow.

People work on this level of competition, so it is important to speak to them on that level as well. It is what they expect- it is what they function at and they expose their fears and anger better at that level because it is so natural for them. It is our immature side which we can't shake free from, but it keeps us at a level where we can be used and controlled. This is why your fellow worker was goading you- he gets a kick out of it. But when he pushed you too far, he started enlisting others to his side who were of like mind and were easily swayed by his words, which fit into their view and the soothing voice of mother culture. He was aware that your anger meant that you saw through his limited comprehension of reality and that he needed Disciples to cover his ass when he got in too deep with you. Typical how people form gangs to enforce authority on others who don't follow the pack. They are true cowards who are caught up in the "I, Me, Mine" existence we are fed. Like the terrible 2 year olds, striking out is the best way to deal with a problem- until someone strikes back. Then you look for advantages, and anger and safety in numbers certainly fits the format of survival. So you see that competition is a large factor in why we are aggressive. Being right is paramount in our psyche, so it makes life difficult for each of us to accept that we should be fair and balanced with our fellow man. To give in is a sign of weakness so we naturally defend ourselves, our knowledge and our place in the world. So people say things like "If not for the grace of god's there go I", as if that could explain the troubles in the world.

You're still allowed to get angry about this world but use it as a channel to understanding and focus on how you can learn more about yourself. Anger always comes from a place, a feeling, a trigger, usually from our past, especially when we were young and powerless. It is hard to control but it is important to find that place where it comes from. We can only feel anger when we are stuck in a victim place. When we are being Master of our Universe, we come from an empowered place that knows it can and will change/fix anything that is not working for us. Blowing off steam is not a solution, but this is the excuse we are given for our lack of self control. 911 made us feel like victims so we vented . Now we see the consequences on our TV sets and are just glad it's not us and our families that are being dragged out of those houses. We can accept what we do to each other because we can justify it as -"Well they deserved it for what they did"- instead of stopping, assessing the big picture, taking some deep breaths and making the decisions that could have changed this after effect- we gave into our anger, and now we compromise it by watching others suffer. Like the father telling the child that "this will hurt me more than it will hurt you'. How does he know the effect this will have on his child? Does he really think beyond himself and his immediate needs to where this will go? Where did this develop in him? What is he passing on to his child. The use of violence only breeds more violence and when we see how it developed in us, we can extrapolate to the bigger picture and see why the world is going insane.

Never to be a victim- no more- is your mantra now. When you feel anger use it to give yourself time to think and reason. Don't be someone elses victim. Don't set yourself up to play their games. Time to let the fight/flight mechanism pass and rational thinking return. This will serve you much better than reaction, especially when aggression begets greater aggression and soon it is open warfare. This is how our leaders think. When the threat is real and immediate, you must react, but when you can take the time to reason it out and control it, it becomes a tool that is helpful in comprehending what is wrong with our world. Why should our leaders be the victim when they are the authority figure! This is what they thought- to show weakness was wrong- but it was morally and humanely wrong, as well as legally, what they did to "Get even", by invading another country and wreaking the havoc that ensued over the threat, real or unreal, that has devastated the homelands of everyone in the world! The results have led to conditions for the rise of hatred outside America and fascism within. This is what anger can do on the big scale, and one can act just as malevolently on the personal scale because of it too. Our leaders depend on that anger to shape policies, because anger comes from fear. Once we're afraid, they've got us right where they want us.

He who learns to walk away lives to fight another day. Use your words and not your actions to compromise the situation. When you are thinking clearly you have a better chance of survival. If no solution can be found, then react to the situation, but only as a last resort. Remember deep breaths and calm thoughts, repeat your mantra, then respond.

If only our leaders could do that.

Crimson, the first step to understanding is awareness of the self. You are making great strides in bettering yourself, and you and your family will both benefit from it. It is up to us all to become a voice of reason and understanding in this lifetime- That is a goal to be competitive about and strive for. It is something that others could strive for that would benefit all mankind and of course womankind as well.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:36 am 

Both excellent, excellent posts!

Just to clarify, I don't believe our 'leaders' are acting in anger, they are criminally insane. They want to own the world and all it's riches.

They do that be making US angry. We then give permission.

But I never gave my permission. Not to them! Not in November 2000 did I give my permission for them to take over my country. The anger I feel is of being wronged by criminals who are destroying my country and want to destroy the world.

Personal anger though, often comes to us when we are unsure of who we are, what we believe in. If someone tells me I can not spell, I don't get angry because I already know I can't spell. Never could. Without a dictionary I wouldn't be able to write much beyond my name.

And if they tell me I am selfish, I don't get angry because I know I am NOT selfish so they are coming from some weakness of their own.

But if they say I am arrogant I will become angry because I don't want to be arrogant but fear I may be. They have hit too close to my fear.

The more we know ourselves, the less others have to work with when they enjoy hurting other people. I have no idea why there are people who enjoy hurting others but do know they are legion. The more I learn about myself, the less power I give to them.

(Btw, over the past few years I have become aware I AM arrogant. I have no desire to be like the people around me--I think they are the models for "Mr. Potato Head". It has taken the complete screw-up of our country to make me face that, yes, I am arrogant. It is just a different brand than the people in charge.)

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I don't think that Dog's was saying that our leaders are acting in anger. I'm pretty sure that what he was saying was that they are using our own fear hate and anger against us. Its really quite a good tactic against an enemy. (We would be the enemy in this case. Seems pretty obvious that this is what they consider us to be). In a fight, you do not want someone who is cool and rational. You want them irrational, and out of control. If I get into a match with someone, and I can get them to lose it, then I have won, even if they are a better fighter. They make mistakes in their anger that they otherwise would not. If your opponent remains cool and rational, then be very very careful.

Its funny. I know this, yet with what is going on, I at times was losing my cool. I was letting my anger and hate and fear get the best of me. It was making me irrational to the point of (if I continued) making mistakes that I otherwise would not. This is what they want. They want us to lose our cool, they want us to act irrational because if we do this, then BAM, martial law, BAM no more constitution, BAM, no more America as we know it. 1,2,3 punch they would land because we had lost our cool.

The thing that is messed up in this situation is that they are NOT acting rational. I have never in my life witnessed something as irrational as what I see happening right now, BUT, and this is a big but, what seems to us to be totally irrational on their part is calculated. This is insanity at its pure level. Calculated irrational acts. This means that these people that are now in control are a danger like we have not faced in history. Yes, there has been people like this in the past, but what puts these demons above the others is the weaponry that they now posses.

As Dog's said. It is ok to be angry. As a matter of fact, if we want to win this thing, we MUST be angry. Become as angry as you can possibly handle without losing it. Focus this anger into a pure righteous beam of light directed at those who are responsible. But done let it control you. We must control it. If we don't control it, then the beam becomes scattered and unfocused, and weak.

As far as the arrogance goes. Don't let it get to you. Arrogance shows up in the way we act, in the way we talk, and in the way we write. You are not arrogant. You do not throw knowledge or power in someone's face. This monstrosity that is now in control of us is arrogant. As a matter of fact, this monstrosity that is now in control of us has every single aspect of negative human traits.

Yes, we are better than them. Not because we are arrogant, but because they are. Hopefully this is a weakness that we can capitalize on.

Someday someone is going to have to tell me how an uneducated, Neanderthal (this is what most people consider construction workers to be) with no proper etiquette whatsoever wound up on a site with a group of minds such as this. Simply amazing. I never thought that I would be able to have intelligent conversations with anyone because I was with the wrong "group." I'll tell you what. I think that the internet is one of the best things that has ever happened to mankind. (When its used right that is) It has opened up a world to me that I would not have had access to otherwise.

Ok, done here for now.

Peace out.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Someday someone is going to have to tell me how an uneducated, Neanderthal (this is what most people consider construction workers to be) with no proper etiquette whatsoever wound up on a site with a group of minds such as this. Simply amazing. I never thought that I would be able to have intelligent conversations with anyone because I was with the wrong "group." I'll tell you what. I think that the internet is one of the best things that has ever happened to mankind. (When its used right that is) It has opened up a world to me that I would not have had access to otherwise.

I stand in awe of construction workers, those people who take a huge variety of building materials and create something beautiful and functional with them, at least most of the time. The Biltmore House took five years and five million 1895 dollars to build. Talented construction workers working side by side with artisans did it. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. AND back then, they didn't have all the mod cons used today to make the labor easier. The same can be said for the Taj Mahal, Monticello, stately homes of England and Scotland, ancient cliff dwellings, the hogans and wigwams of the Native Americans, university buildings and cathedrals. Yes, I realize some of these wonders were created through the use of slave labor. But they were masters of their craft, and they never forgot that.

Working with one's hands to create a home, a business, a birthday cake, a school, or a church requires the ability to think creatively. But the single most wonderful and necessary thing to all of this is, IMO, the ability to CARE, and to care deeply, to take pride in what one is creating. It used to be called craftsmanship.

THINK: We have an "educated" Neanderthal in the White House. He has no proper etiquette, and he can't carry on an intelligent conversation with anyone at anytime. Who would you rather have a conversation with....him or the construction worker?

I KNOW which one I'd choose!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:50 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
THINK: We have an "educated" Neanderthal in the White House. He has no proper etiquette, and he can't carry on an intelligent conversation with anyone at anytime. Who would you rather have a conversation with....him or the construction worker?

I KNOW which one I'd choose!

LOL.

In New Haven, at Yale, there are many beautiful buildings. The craftsmanship is beautiful, and I consider them works of art. The detail!!! My word, the skill that those craftsmen had, creating that with the tools that they had at the time is astonishing.

Now. Tell you what. Now adays I'm not impressed. Just like everything else, construction has gone fast track in the search for the almighty dollar. We are losing the craftsmanship of old, if we have not already lost it that is.

I have been working at the New Haven Art Gallery. I had a flash of understanding about a week or so ago.

In the courtyard, they are starting to put up their so called sculptures. I look at them and I'm sorry. I just don't see it.
Art is supposed to be something that inspires. It is supposed to make one wonder in amazement. What they have out there is garbage. If you would like, when I get a chance, I'll take a couple pictures. Hell, one of em looks like a giant piece of shit. Come to think of it, I think I will give that one a name myself. I will call it George Bush.

Anyway, I realized that almost all art form has gone this route. Music, art, theater/tv. Everything is like the now named George Bush. They are pieces of shit.

I guess that I have known it all along, but I didn't realize how powerful the truth of this was. Art in all its forms is a reflection of society. Just like the George Bush is to art, this is the reflection of society at this point. Just a bunch of shit. With a bunch of stupid shits running around.

Lol, I'm gonna stop now before I get on a roll. Having to much fun with this. (Pictures little Bushits running around)

Bah, like I said. No etiquette

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
What they have out there is garbage. If you would like, when I get a chance, I'll take a couple pictures. Hell, one of em looks like a giant piece of shit. Come to think of it, I think I will give that one a name myself. I will call it George Bush.

PLEASE take pictures and show them to us....especially the one of George Bush! :lol:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman