It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Today is my little girls birthday. She is nine years old. We have never lived anyplace where she could have a party with all her friends. She and her sister were home schooled for awhile so did not have many friends.

She wanted a party today, so we got invitations and she took them to school. She invited almost 20 of her friends. My oldest daughter baked a cake, decorated the house with balloons, party favors etc. Put signs up, it looked really nice.

Nobody came. We had asked that we get a call from them if they could not be at the party. You know so we could see how many would show up. Only two called. The rest did not.

I am so hurt right now. I feel so bad for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

damn, man...real bummer. :( kids are like that, but you can't explain that to one of them.

take her out to friendly's for an ice cream. (?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:20 pm 

Aw. That is fucked up. I know that kids are so cruel. I woulda come, and I know my son would have. Dang. Sometimes people are mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wish her a happy birthday from all of your friends at TVNL, DK...those kids have no manners and maybe your little girl will believe it when you tell her that she's a diamond among the glass....take her out to dinner and to a good movie.

Give her a hug from all of us while you're at it.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm sorry D.K. Now she feels like she doesn't have any friends. Wonder how many kids wanted to come but their parents couldn't bring them or wouldn't. This is the pits.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

One little friend showed up and her brother stopped by. We had ice cream and cake and she wanted Chinese so we ordered, had it delievered and watched a horror movie on television.

Thanks for the good thoughts. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:23 am 

I am so glad a friend did come!!! I bet she feels better now. Stupid insensitive people!!!!!!!!! ARG!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:42 am 

Oh that is so sad. Don't blame the kids as much as the parents. How well do you know the kids in the class or the parents. It's tough letting a little child of 9 go to someones house that you may not know, but that is no excuse to not reply. When my son was in kindergarten he too was invited to a birthday party for a class mate. I had no idea who this child was nor did I know his parents. It was held at a public place though so we opted to take him. He was the only child to show up! To this day I think about that little boys party and am so glad we took our son. It about broke my heart, as it does when I think of your little girl. I hope you were able to make your daughters birthday special anyway, and I'm really glad someone showed up. Kids bounce back and as long as she feels loved she will make it through. Give her a hug for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:53 am 
Hear Me Roar!

That is a really sad story. I never, ever had a real birthday party. I know what a special day a birthday is. YOu just feel like a million dollars and you want to share that feeling with someone. That is a horrible story. You can tell her though that since you shared your story about her with us we know how she feels. Hope that makes her feel better. Maybe let her read all of these responses or just tell her about them in some way. People do care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:17 am 

god bless your daughter and give her a b-day hug fro me.

i would agree with some of the other posts in looking to the parents of the other kids instead of the kids themselves.

perhaps the 2 that did show up are closer freinds than what the others would be anyway. teach or show your daughter that your close friends are the ones you can count on when times get tough. the others you tend to become aquainted with throughout life are usually in the category known as "fairweather" friends. a few quality true friends are worth ten times more than what price you could put on soicial butterfies.

i can surely understand the pain you may feel as a parent in seeing any disappointment your child may feel. for most good parents, that's is a natural reaction. sounds like you fit into that group. keep up the good work and you'll see the fruit of you labor as you watch your daughter grow up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That made me want to cry.
When I was in Elementary School, I remember having to go to parites that I didn't want to go to, and I remember having to invite people to my parties that I didn't want to come. And you know what?..I always had fun with those people.
I agree that the 18 parents that didn't call for their kids really screwed up. Their behavior was shameful, and your daughter suffered. :cry: