It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:35 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I don't know Cat. Sometimes it is done in jest as a woman pretending to be a man on a political forum thinking she might not be heard if she was to let them know her real gender.

A man pretending to be a woman is to me a sign of a sick mind. There are a couple reasons I can think of. One to try and get other woman to talk about sex and see what woman really want in a man or they want to get involved with a man on the Internet. There might be other reasons but I just cannot understand why they would want to.

Most if they are found out leave the forums on their own and usually do not come back. Just like the last one did. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, we've got HIS TALK and HER TALK. There's no reason to use subterfuge, IMO, with any of us here at TVNL. There's always the old private message, too. You know that I taught school for many years. There's not much that I've not seen when it comes to teens trying to pull one over on adults. Pretending to be one gender or the other at a chatboard is a common ploy some of these tricksters like to use. My daughter said one of her students was laughing about doing it not too long ago.

I have run across a board that does have a SEX TALK forum...it's the most popular one, as you can imagine. I think straights, gays, lesbians, and everything in between post in that forum. :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

:shock:

Do they all type with one paw?

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i think everyone is going to be a bit embarrassed when this is over with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

how so and why would anybody be embarrassed. It is a discussion about things that happen on the Internet. There's no implications that it is happening here.

That is the point of the entire thread M. Is that people get embarrassed. Unless you meet someone in person or maybe talk on the phone, you have no way of knowing who is on the other side of that computer screen.

You can be anything you want on the Internet, you can be anybody you choose to be. You can even be in prison, you can be in a different country. You can be a child, a man, a woman a young girl or all of them.

The purpose of this discussion was to see why people do that. You say you live in NY. Do we know that for a fact nope. IP addresses are not always the way to check. Hell I could open up a account in Cal with a dial up server, call it long distance you the ip would show up that I was living in Cal.

I could also use a proxy, and you would never know where I was. The Internet is filled with secrets. This thread was not meant to embarrass anybody or to imply anything. It is and was a topic for discussion.