It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Rise of Indy TV-When is MSM enough-Do we get a choice?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I was on the bradblog and found these three indy vids. I guess the indy's don't have the big bucks for their stuff, but their message is somehow more detailed and informed than most news/music videos. Why isn't there an independant station geared to the alternative news and music scene? Since the airwaves belong to the public what is being broadcast should be charged a commission for the commercial revenues they benefit from to help communities and inner cities to give people alternative things to do other than sitting in front of their TV sets watching that drivel all day. They should pay us for having to be programmed by choices that all lead back to wasting our time in front of the TV. That, being the ultimate waste of a choice.

If there is nothing else to do, we should be free to indulge our vegetative state and relax- but this commercialized fluff that passes off as entertainment- it suits the general attitude 'they' wish us to adopt as our culture, and so is an integral part of our processing. How many of us were babysat by the cathode ray nipple? How many of us are still contentedly feeding?

I want the rise of Indy to include a promise of non compromise and non conformity, to express the emotion that Thomas Payne stated in so many of his radical atheistic platitudes to us- it must be a place free from oppression and bias. It must state the raw edge to reality that is gone from the news and music of this country. It is too smooth and comfortable in its persuasion, like an old movie playing on your old B+W TV. B+W says it all. Maybe some grey areas but no color to enhance it integrity.

I even approve of advertising, as long as theres a notice stating that all ads are needed for bill payment purposes and will not affect how the station feels or presents shows that will put down anyone- even a sponsor. The truth must be freed again. This would keep the Government from getting involved, like with PBS.

Here's some examples of indy music media.

While being beaten for speaking-
http://dc.indymedia.org/usermedia/video ... echlow.mov
All I said was war was the most extreme form of terrorism!

Yes, Mhmmm- How did it come to this?
http://nyc.indymedia.org/usermedia/vide ... ToThis.mov
Get rid of them and their rules. It serves THEIR purpose to impose them.

Lone wolf? Speech by B.Baird D-Wa.- 9/29/04
http://www.bradfriedman.com/BradBlog/Vi ... e-Wolf.mov
Oh, yeah- just say- "9/11 changed everything."

We need a free news media able to operate freely and legally to seek out the real news behind the facade of news stories we are given today. We need a constitutionally protected NATIONAL free speech newspaper/TV that won't bullshit us. Just the Facts Ma'am.

Or is that too 50's TV for you?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.