It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: XBOX, PS3 etc
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:55 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

We have a Xbox and a PS2. We are thinking of adding to it in the future but really don't know which way to go.

Our older Xbox is so much better then the PS2. The graphics etc and I have seen screen shots of the 360 that look outstanding. With a HD television I can only imagine what the pictures would be.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I have an XBox 360, a PS2, a Nin. Gamecube, and a Wii...plus the Nin. DS and the Gameboy Micro.

What kind of games are played on your XBox and PS2?
I was surprised that you said your XBox is so much better than your PS2. I would recommend the PS2 over the XBox 360 anyday!

I have yet to try the PS3, but have been told that it's not worth getting yet...mainly because there are simply no good games available as of now. Kinda pointless to buy a new system with no great games.
The 360's great. ..But I honestly don't play it very much. I play a lot more on my other systems. ..as do most gamers I know.
If you're looking to get a new system, I would definutely recommend the Wii. It's $250, comes with one controller and nunchuck, and a sports game, which IMO, was a great way to show off the system's great features. It's a very personal system, as it lets each person who plays it design a "mii" for themselves. You can trade miis with anyone else, so you can also see, or play with, other people's characters. The remote is very responsive to your movements, and very easy to pick up. You can play nintendo gamecube games in it, and simply plug the gamecube controller into it. You can also download tons of games directly into it, from super nintendo games, nin 64 games, origional nin games, sega games, etc., etc. ..Too many to remember them all. The graphics are also awesome. ..I'm sure I've missed some other great things about it...

Anyways, that's my suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

We purchased the Xbox a couple of years ago, way before we got the PS2. To me it is the difference between night and day although the newer games for PS are much better then they were.

The Wi is not even in consideration. Heard to many bad things about the way it is played, problems with the controls etc.

I play probably once or twice a week and go between the XBox and the PS2. Mostly play racing games online, although have not done that in awhile either.

Don't play sports games except for maybe Boxing. Halo was alright, but, since I am old my reflexes are not what they should be to play games like that. I did beat my son though I think once. LOL

My oldest daughter plays silent hill and we have feelers out for the rest of them. Pretty hard to come by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
We purchased the Xbox a couple of years ago, way before we got the PS2. To me it is the difference between night and day although the newer games for PS are much better then they were.

Technically, the XBox has better hardware. But, it has more to do with the way people use the hardware than the hardware itself.
I'd love to see somebody play an RPG on the PS2, like FFXII, and come back and tell me the XBox is still better looking. ...It wouldn't happen

The 360 runs in high-def, with much higher resolutions.. it's about 10x as powerful as a PS2. Even some of the uglier games on the 360 look better than the PS2.
The 360 doesn't have any decent RPG's which is why I don't play it very much, and why I'd recommend the PS2 ..But, with the games you mentioned, I'm sure it'd be played at your house a lot more than it is here.
There's a couple great looking RPG's coming out in 2007 for the 360 that I'm looking forward to though. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. LO quite a bit more though.
You could check out the trailers:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... mv&pl=game

DarkKnight2 wrote:
The Wi is not even in consideration. Heard to many bad things about the way it is played, problems with the controls etc.

I haven't seen any problems like this, or heard of any for that matter. The only problem I've heard of, is that people playing crazily with the controller have lost their grip and had it slip out of their hand, 'causing the backup wriststrap to break, and in turn, the remote flying across the room.
The gameplay is completely awesome.
If you'd like to see for yourself, they've got demo's set up in all the stores they're sold at: Best Buy, Walmart, Toys R Us, etc.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it before trying it out. It's too good to overlook so easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

thanks for the tips. We are going out again during the week and I will look at the Wi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Np.
A few games I've enjoyed so far on the 360 were Dead or Alive 4 and Chromehounds. DoA4's an awesome fighting game. I'd also recommend Gears of Wars as a shooting game. Heard of it? (Takes a few minutes to download, but worth the wait).
I'm looking forward for some reviews and trailers on Resident Evil 5, which won't be coming out for a while on the 360.
I've really enjoyed other RE games on the Gamecube, RE 4 in particular. ..drool..
I didn't enjoy the Silent Hill games..too slow and boring for me.

Yes, definutely check the Wii out. :P
Although, if you decided to get it, for the time being, you'd have to wait in line overnight for it...or wait until after Christmas...I waited in a 12 hour line overnight at Best Buy for one. I've never done that for a system before, so that's saying something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

what are MS tokens? I have to have them to download a movie or game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm not sure.
You don't use any kind of tokens on xbox live, you use points. On live arcade, they sell games for points. You can charge your account with points using a credit card or buying a points card in the store.
Does that answer your question? ..If not, explain more please. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

sorry I guess I meant Points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Oh, ok. ..Did that explain it for you then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

yep, could not find anyplace on the site that told you how to get the points. If I get this, I gotta have points. LOL