It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10-10-10
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today's date is supposed to be a "magical" day but it's been very ordinary for me...hope your day was a good one, especially since it is the only time we will see a 10-10-10! :D

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: 10-10-10
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:20 am 

The day is probably just as uneventful and boring as 11-11-11 and 12-12-12 will be in the coming years.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:15 am 
Hear Me Roar!

8-8-88 was a memorable day for me. This was the first night game, the Chicago Cubs played at Wrigley Field. They played the Philadelphia Phillies and lost, I do believe.

At least Jack Brickhouse, the "voice of the Chicage Cubs" for 173 years, was able to see his dream come true, before he passed away.

And may I make another special note about Ron Santo, the Cub's 3rd baseman in the 1970's...

He passed away recently of diabetes. He was one of the current Cub's sport announcers, for the last 8-10 years. Even though both his legs were amputated, because of diabetic problems, he was able to bring hope for many, who had similar problems as he did. He gave much of his time, to the fight against diabetes, and I imagine the "powers that be," will be giving him the game ball, for his efforts no doubt.

I'm really gonna miss his voice on my static am radio, cruising down the highway, and to the lake on the weekends in the summertime.

He will be greatly missed by all who listened to him, and followed him, toward his charitable contribution toward mankind.

You're simply the best Ron!! :)

Rest in Peace!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
He passed away recently of diabetes. He was one of the current Cub's sport announcers, for the last 8-10 years. Even though both his legs were amputated, because of diabetic problems, he was able to bring hope for many, who had similar problems as he did. He gave much of his time, to the fight against diabetes, and I imagine the "powers that be," will be giving him the game ball, for his efforts no doubt.

Sounds like a good man, ETL...and indeed, he will be missed. Diabetes is an awful disease. My mother was one of its victims and, had she not had it, I think she would have lived much longer than she did.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:58 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:

Sounds like a good man, ETL...and indeed, he will be missed. Diabetes is an awful disease. My mother was one of its victims and, had she not had it, I think she would have lived much longer than she did.

Yes he was Catherine!! A very good man. Loved Chicago, it's people and the game of baseball.

May your mother rest in eternal peace as well!! :flower: :flower: :flower: