It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help me answer this email...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:14 am 

NEWS FLASH! -- CITGO CHANGING NAME

American Boycot of Citco is working. (Must Read This) Remember Chavez owns Citgo, we can put him out of business. Send this on no matter what.

Chavez is NOW getting a Russian Weapons Factory built by Putin. The RUSSIANS are building an AK-47 Kalashnikov Assault Rifle factory in Venezuela, to give armament support to Communist Rebel groups throughout the Americas. Chavez NOW has IRANIANS operating his oil refineries in Venezuela for him. It is likely only a matter of time, if not already, before Chavez has Iranian built LONG RANGE missiles, with a variety of warhead types aimed at: Guess Who?

CITGO is NOW in the process of Changing Its Name to PETRO EXPRESS due To the loss of gasoline sales in the USA due to the recent publicity of ownership by Chavez of Venezuela.

Every dollar you spend with CITGO or PETRO EXPRESS gasoline will be used against you, your basic human rights, and your freedoms. He will start wars here in the Americas that will probably be the death of millions of free people.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT because Chavez is starting to feel the loss of revenue from his holdings.

HE OWNS CITGO This is a very important move that everyone should be aware of.

ANNOUNCED JUST RECENTLY, CITGO, BEING AWARE THAT SALES ARE DOWN DUE TO U.S. CUSTOMERS NOT WANTING TO BUY FROM "CITGO-CHAVEZ", HAVE STARTED TO CHANGE THE NAME OF SOME OF THEIR STORES TO: "PETRO EXPRESS"
DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS" EITHER!!!

"PETRO EXPRESS" IS ALSO 100% OWNED BY "CHAVEZ."

KEEP THIS MEMO GOING SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT IS HAPPENING. BOYCOTT "CITGO" AND "PETRO EXPRESS."

MAKE SURE THIS IS PASSED ON TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E-MAIL LIST IN THE UNITED STATES. "IN GOD WE TRUST"

This was sent to me by someone who should know better. I ALWAYS answer emails with erronious information in them, but need help with this one.

The person who sent it is intelligent and buys CITGO heating oil. He must have been subjected to some rightwing 'information' about Chevez being 'communist' and therefore not godly. He is devoutly Catholic. And he doesn't like Bush at all.

How do I answer this politely but with enough information he will not miss the error of the message he sent out?

Anyone?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:18 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sure. Advise your friend to read and research more before he steps on his own tongue and really hurts himself. :lol:

TuT

Update: Variants circulating since November 2006 claim that some Citgo stations have changed their name to Petro Express in order to avoid being boycotted. One message states that "Petro Express is also 100% owned by Chavez." This is false.

Petro Express is a chain of gas stations/convenience stores wholly owned by a U.S. company based in North Carolina. Until recently, Petro Express did sell gasoline purchased from Citgo Petroleum Corp., but the company announced in October 2006 that it would phase out the Citgo product from all of its 66 stations by 2007.......

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... oycott.htm

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://snopes.com/politics/gasoline/citgo.asp

Go to the link, dori, and scroll down until you find the same "addendum" that you were sent. LOTS of info to debunk most of what is in it. At the bottom of the page, there are links to more sources of information.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:07 am 

Thank you so much. This man says he ALWAYS checks with snopes--guess he doesn't, eh?

After I leave here I will have to check all the info out and compose a polite response--but one with true information and links in it. I owe it to him and to my own feelings about this. I am not against Chevez, don't think anyone is that doesn't buy msm propaganda.

Again, thank you for responding--I hate to leave things hang out in e-space that are so incorrect.

Edited: Just sent the two sites to my email sender along with a note saying I am sure he doesn't wish to be associated with the people who started this campaign. Tried to be as gentle as possible about it.

Thank you again for the help. It is much appreciated.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid