It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Example of government authority/employee gone beserk?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ths last prank call got me wondering a bit:

Lady calls my business line and basically orders me to call her in a somewhat angry tone of voice. It sounded like I was in trouble for something.

So I called the number and found it was the Denver Housing Authority, the caller was Laura Corel. I thought maybe there was a problem with my house so I called.

She claims that her mom got a two dozen red roses from a bloke named John Adams and that this was so "weird" that she went to the internet and started calling guys named John Adams--ostensibly to see who was "weird" enough to send two dozen red roses to her mom.

John Adams Photography is on the internet but the odds of someone doing an internet search for guys named John Adams who may have sent two dozen red roses---and landing on me--are infinitesimal. There are tens of thousands of guys named John Adams for one thing.

The Denver Housing Authority sounds like an authoritative government agency. She sounded angry. She basically 'ordered' me to call her without an explanation.

In years gone by, a person could complain about this abuse. Now what can you do?

I kept the original message if someone has a nifty idea.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Example of government authority/employee gone beserk?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
I kept the original message if someone has a nifty idea.

Call the number back and ask for her supervisor. Explain that your business line should not tied up with calls from jealous daughters when their mothers are lucky enough to receive flowers. Also mention in passing that as a taxpayer you do not appreciate the use of Government Agency phones or employees' time for such activity.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A few hours later, a caller suggested that I might be too injured to do a wedding on Aug 8th.

I know this sounds weird but I have an interesting history including a fractured hip from a "story that didn't add up" -- on a timeline that was more than controversial.

Those who know 'another' meaning of red roses may know what crossed the mind.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson