It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ron Paul Doesn’t Accept Evolution
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/20071222_ron_paul_doesnt_accept_evolution/]Ron Paul Doesn’t Accept Evolution
[/url]

The one and only anti-war Republican presidential candidate didn’t raise his hand when asked who doesn’t believe in evolution, but it turns out he may have wanted to. In this clip, Paul responds to a question about the incident by saying that it was an “inappropriate question,” but that “I think it’s a theory—theory of evolution—and I don’t accept it.”

Paul hasn’t been hiding his religious convictions. He wrote back in 2003 that the “secular Left” has been waging a war on religion and Christmas and that “[t]he notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers.”

Watch it:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Doesn’t Accept Evolution
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:43 pm 

Catherine wrote:
In this clip, Paul responds to a question about the incident by saying that it was an “inappropriate question,” but that “I think it’s a theory—theory of evolution—and I don’t accept it.”

I wonder if the reason he thinks it is inappropriate is because it exposes him as the retrograde thinker he is. The theory of gravity is a "theory." Maybe when enough of these clowns stop accepting it we will fly off the planet. This is the problem with global warming as well, because it is theory there is the ignorant belief that it implies wiggle room. The wiggle room in all these cases is in the details, not the general concepts.

Catherine wrote:
Paul hasn’t been hiding his religious convictions. He wrote back in 2003 that the “secular Left” has been waging a war on religion and Christmas and that “[t]he notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers.”

The Dalia Lama when asked what was the greatest lesson he learned from the many years he had spent in the United States, replied the Separation of Church and State. This is coming from a man whose powers when ruling in Tibet were absolute. He said if tomorrow the Chinese allowed him to return to power he would divorce himself from the powers of State. The problem with Paul and the rest of his fundamentalist ilk is they do not realize it is the separation principle that allows them to be the ignorant asses they are. There is no legislating religious belief. If they had their way, they would outlaw secularism and try to force their brand of religion on everyone. The result would kill the country.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote