It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hillary's great concession speech
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:27 pm 

I do hope Obama selects Hillary for veep . Her committment on Universal Health Care is essential to this country :) :

http://tinyurl.com/5x9fjk

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject: Re: Hillary's great concession speech
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:39 am 

yankhadenuf wrote:
I do hope Obama selects Hillary for veep . Her committment on Universal Health Care is essential to this country

Of the also-rans in the Dem primaries, Kucinich has had a very simple elegant solution in bill form the longest—his bill would extend Medicare to the entire population making it a single payer system. Medicare overhead costs are only about 3% while private health insurance runs about 5 times that amount at 16%. The health insurance lobby is one of the strongest, so it would be time to find out if we are really ignoring lobbyists or not. Clinton took far too much money from lobbyists of all stripes to ever be trusted.

There is also the problem of the 300-pound gorilla that no one ever talks about—Bill Clinton. Yes, he was heads and tails above the War Chimp BUT we as a country had to endure the blowjob impeachment trials. Hillary was not able to get her health care plan enacted while Bill was one of the most popular presidents of recent times. I have not seen any great things coming from her efforts as a Senator either. The only way she would accomplish anything as Vice President would be to become a new Darth Cheney and be the real power in the Executive Branch. I thought she lost this chance for at least four years when Obama was nominated. The last thing Obama needs is be second and third guessed by Hillary and Bill Clinton on every decision.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:00 am 

the concession speech she gave yesterday was spot on for what the dems need in order to bring the party back together to get behind obama.

she outright declared that obama had a victory.

she also made a key point in asking/pleading with her supporters, especially women, about the need to support obama. she reminded them about how far indeed the advancement of women in our country has progressed to where we are in fact even ready to have a woman at the helm. it didn't happen this time but it's clear to me and others that the glass cieling has been broken.

if obama had not emerged i pretty much saw hillary as one who would have been an execellent choice to lead our nation.

and now.............i'm going to whistfully fantasize about a potential vision of the video view and photo op that i can only imagine as being the most horrifying nightnmmare to repugs when the see it..............

..........fast forward to next years state of the union message............

........an african american named barak HUSSIEN obama standing at the podium in the senate chamber.........

.........and behind him sitting in full view of the cameras sitting side by side.........

.......vice president hillary rodham clinton and house speaker nancy pelosi......

..............hows that for a fantasy?

i can only imagine for now how much fun it's absolutely going to be to rub that in the faces of repug assholes.

whaddaya think guys????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A fantasy that might come true, rooster. I was very impressed with Hilary Clinton's speech. I only hope the Democrats will listen to her and really unite behind and alongside Obama. If they don't....next year's State of the Union address will be delivered by a doddering old man who resembles both Bush and Cheney. Sitting behind him will be either Mitt Romney or possibly Joe Lieberman in the VP's seat. Pelosi will still be there, but whether or not her job performance will have improved remains to be seen.

I also hope Michelle Obama will be as prominent a First Lady as Jackie Kennedy was. She's young, she's attractive, and she's as smart as Hilary Clinton. It's also going to take a stellar Cabinet in the Obama administration to even begin to clean up Bush's mess. It's going to take a large majority of Democrats in both the House and the Senate to make it all come together. Without a true majority in Congress, Democrats will not be effective in bringing about essential reform legislation.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:04 am 

you're right cath...............

a huge pile of stinking-to-high-heaven pile of garbage from the last 8 years for the dems to try to clean up.

and you're also correct in that the dems need an overwhelming fillibuster proof majority in the house and senate to be able to move toward accomplishing that goal.

otherwise potential potus obamas hands would be mostly tied behind his back as the neocon garbage media get's all over his shit about getting absolutely nothing done.

an obama landslide in november is our best hope. the thing called the coat tail effect of the potus frontrunner in the election is huge in how it helps those in the same party gain momentum in races that are up for grabs.

that strategy for the dems is imo why i supported obama over hillary.

to me obama is heads above hillary in the ability to help down ticket candidates in nov. he's also the guy that the repugs have been in fear of much more so than hillary ever was.

i want the guy that my enemies are the most afraid of.

that person was endorsed by hillary yesterday.

repugs are now in full panic mode.

the assholes deserve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 am 

Great discussion guys.

I agree that Hillary's speech was a good one, but a speech is just some eloquent words that someone wrote for her. She has proven to me to not be trustworthy. Now, I would pick her over McCain any day of the week...but...I do not want her to be vp. A friend of mine said the funniest thing the other day...If Barack picks Hillary for VP he's going to need a food tester. I cannot agree more.

I would pick several of the other "also rans" as VP...Kucinich is my all time favorite, he's smart and frugal. A combination our country surely needs, also he's not a warmonger. Edwards would be great because he appears to care about people other than the elite. Hell, even Richardson would be better than Hillary and he could help quell the epidemic of racism towards them brown skinned folks. (Ah, wouldn't that be fun? A black man and a hispanic in the two highest seats in the nation...) My truly greatest fear is that Obama will be assassinated. I know that's terrible to say out loud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A valid worry. If Obama pleads for peace, history shows that the dark lords will have him 'erased'.

The thought of Hillary having him 'erased'? Well...she does seem overly ambitious. The dark lords like her too.

Obama will be safe if he proves to be a warmonger. Which would not surprise me. I will not soon forget his interest in invading Pakistan a few months ago.

AIPAC and the dark lords want the Muslim countries to be systematically destroyed. he would have to be awfully tough-- and have world class security-- to successfully resist.

Our most likely odds for success lie somehow with the citizenry. It always has.

Don't expect the government to fix the government.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:24 pm 

lefty wrote:
Great discussion guys...

...I would pick several of the other "also rans" as VP...Kucinich is my all time favorite, he's smart and frugal....

Kucinich is my personal pick for Veep too... but I don't think he has a snowball's chance in h e double-hockey sticks with Obama or his entourage (I think Obama really would be afraid of Kucinich being co-president more than even Hillary, because Kucinich comes across more mature, statespersonlike, experienced, and was far more popular with the Independents too , not just Democrats). I hope I'm wrong ! :wink:

Sorry to bring up the "meow factor" but I heard somewheres Michelle does not care for Hillary. That will probably play big in the Obama household and that's a shame, Hillary's millions of votes could carry this ticket to the White House with a big sweep.

Looks like Edwards has a good chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:25 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Edwards makes the most sense by far.

A woman and a black is a bit much for the racists...and many others...to swallow. I don't care about what should be, I'm looking at what is.

I could very easily see an Obama/Hillary ticket never getting a chance from a large percentage of main stream voters.

I've known women who said they don't feel comfortable with a woman as president of the world--that used to be free.

I'd take my dog over McNasty's Machine...and my dog is dying of old age.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:29 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
...I'd take my dog over McNasty's Machine...and my dog is dying of old age.

Even my cat would vote for your dog ! :cat:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

As well your cat should have. Bubba was the greatest dog that ever lived...in my slightly biased opinion.

He has lost some control over taking care of natures calls this year. Seems that usually means that days are growing shorter.

Sometimes the cruelness of life is...a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:24 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
As well your cat should have. Bubba was the greatest dog that ever lived...in my slightly biased opinion.

He has lost some control over taking care of natures calls this year. Seems that usually means that days are growing shorter.

Sometimes the cruelness of life is...a lot.

I hope your dog is feeling comfortable right now, and that you are ok, PT.