It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bill Moyers nails Obama on Afghanistan
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
You know, to me, I once put on the tagline of an article that I wrote early on in the Obama administration that I pledge to be the same journalist under Barack Obama that I was under President Bush. And the reason I felt that it was necessary to say that is that I feel like we have a sort of blue-state-Fox culture in the media. Where people are willing to go above and beyond the call of partisan politics to give Obama the benefit of the doubt. This is a man- it's time to take off the Obama t-shirts. This is a man who's in charge of the most powerful country on earth. The media in this country, we have an obligation to treat him the way we treated Bush in terms of being critical of him.
And, yet, I feel like many Democrats have had their spines surgically removed these days, as have a lot of journalists. The fact is that this man is governing over a policy that is killing a tremendous number of civilians.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/06052009/watch.html

Video and transcript.

After watching the master illusionist in his big speech and the reaction of all the doughy eyed, hypnotised people who did not understand what it was that he really said, I am now convinced without a doubt that this is the most dangerous man on the planet, the most dangerous man in history.

He is going to bring us change all right.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: Bill Moyers nails Obama on Afghanistan
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

His coterie want to end gun ownership. Then government can go berserk. See Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, Pol Pot.

I'm already backing Ventura for 2012.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson